Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Making Weed Shisha

• Please log in to reply

Sk8brdZepp13

Sk8brdZepp13

• Registered Upgraded
  • 356 posts
I saw a previous thread on this topic, but it wasn't fully answered, so can anyone give me instructions for making weed shisha for hookah? I saw something about magic honey mix/glycerin, I have no idea what that is, if someone can clarify this for me and give some instructions I would greatly appreciate it! (I just got a 2.5 ft. hookah from israel, so i wanna try and use it with weed shisha):)

.kashmir

.kashmir

40oz to freedom

• Registered Upgraded
  • 139 posts
take some sheesha and some bud
and stick it in the hookah bowl
and use a coal
=weesha

Sk8brdZepp13

Sk8brdZepp13

• Registered Upgraded
  • 356 posts

take some sheesha and some bud
and stick it in the hookah bowl
and use a coal
=weesha

i want to make shisha with weed only, not mixed with flavored shisha... i saw something about molasses and magic honey mix and some saran wrap.

Lebowski

Lebowski

At least i'm housebroken

• Gold Member
  • 6,286 posts

Sk8brdZepp13

Sk8brdZepp13

• Registered Upgraded
  • 356 posts

Im sorry, but uhh, i dont think this is possible.

First off:
1. A hookah uses a coal on a screen of foil as a means of indirect heat. Indirect heat means instead of a flame being pulled over the mixture, air heated by the coal is pulled thru the screen. This air is significantly less hot than a flame, which is good for the vaporization of molasses, but probably not as effective at releasing ingredients contained within a marijuana leaf or bud, especially if this leaf or bud had been previously covered in molasses.

2. Some may argue that the heat produced by the coal is enough to at least vaporize the THC in your buds. I do not beleive so, because making a good vaporizer is a difficult task, the hot air must be evenly distributed and at a certain temperature. Basically a coal on weed is like a "sloppy" vaporiser. And also, if this weed is mixed with molasses, then thats another physical barrier preventing the heat from reaching the interior of the bud.

In theory it would, and could work, but I really dont think it would work well enough to be worth the time and hassle it would take to make molasses weed.

great post lebowski and i agree with you, i guess its probably not worth it anyway, good thing i have the ATTACHMENT for directly lighting the weed with a flame.

grandmasterej

grandmasterej

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
from college i learned that you can smoke weed with a hookah two differnt ways so far. you can grind a good amount and sprinkle it on the top of a hookah or mix it in if you know how to burn shisha through correctly. another way is to just put like little nugs on top of the foil and light it as you smoke. either way yeah i got really high because you end up smoking a hookah for a long time and the herb seems to be always there when you hit

icusdude

icusdude

• Registered Upgraded
  • 264 posts
they work very well but you have to pack the bowl appropriately. i have heard of making "weed shisha" but its inconvenient. the best way is to simply do a mixture of shisha and weed (i.e. weesha). you have to mix them well though, as you want the weed to be mixed with the shisha so it will all burn slowly.

many who claim hookahs are a waste of weed/dont work with weed dont pack the bowl properly. mixed right, it will burn for a long time and work excellently. its a very "chill" experience to just sit back for awhile and smoke off a hookah. you also get a nicotine buzz from the shisha which sort of adds to it all. if you dont want to use tobacco, you can always buy tobacco free shisha.

but all in all, weed + hookah can be an awesome experience. one of my favourites for sure.

dirtybongwater

dirtybongwater

Pot Ninja

• Old School
  • 6,211 posts
Bowski, I thought the charcoals burned at a much higher heat (and burn longer at that hotter temp) than a lighter? That is why you'd never want to burn weed alone using charcoals (as many have discussed on GC before). It has to be much hotter in order to evaporate the shisha. The heat may not be touching the shisha, but you are not removing the heat from the shisha (for at least 30m-hour). The heat is very consentrated.

I've been mixing weed and shisha for a few years now and I've only had one bad experience (due to the brand charcoal I used). -- I also have a glass bowl for my hookah in case I want to only smoke weed out of it with a lighter.

If you do not have the proper accessories for your smoking experience I wouldn't mix weed in with shisha... You may not get the success you want.

As far as making weed shisha, I got this off of Google Answers. I assume you would substitute tobacco with weed, but you know what --- I wouldn't even try this unless I had weed that I could just throw away. It doesn't seem like a good idea for some reason. --- I will throw this last thought out. Using honey and glycerine instead of molassas will provide a longer smoother burning weesha.

"The best way to make shisha is to use fresh fruit and mash it up,
mixed with rolling tobacco and a light molasses (acts as a binding
component). The general proportions might need to be tampered with to
get the right consistency for whatever "flavor" you are using, but on
average, is about 30% (tobacco), 50% (molassas), and 20%
(fruit/flavor). Juicier and flavor-packed fruits like pineapple,
peach, raspberries tend to work very well. To get apple flavors, try
using sweet ones like pink lady or granny smith.

Mix and mash the ingredients together and then simply put it in the
shisha bowl as you would store-bought shisha tobacco, and you should
be good to go."

sherlockhead

sherlockhead

Straightedge for life

• Registered Upgraded
  • 693 posts

Bowski, I thought the charcoals burned at a much higher heat (and burn longer at that hotter temp) than a lighter? That is why you'd never want to burn weed alone using charcoals (as many have discussed on GC before). It has to be much hotter in order to evaporate the shisha. The heat may not be touching the shisha, but you are not removing the heat from the shisha (for at least 30m-hour). The heat is very consentrated.

I've been mixing weed and shisha for a few years now and I've only had one bad experience (due to the brand charcoal I used). -- I also have a glass bowl for my hookah in case I want to only smoke weed out of it with a lighter.

If you do not have the proper accessories for your smoking experience I wouldn't mix weed in with shisha... You may not get the success you want.

As far as making weed shisha, I got this off of Google Answers. I assume you would substitute tobacco with weed, but you know what --- I wouldn't even try this unless I had weed that I could just throw away. It doesn't seem like a good idea for some reason. --- I will throw this last thought out. Using honey and glycerine instead of molassas will provide a longer smoother burning weesha.

"The best way to make shisha is to use fresh fruit and mash it up,
mixed with rolling tobacco and a light molasses (acts as a binding
component). The general proportions might need to be tampered with to
get the right consistency for whatever "flavor" you are using, but on
average, is about 30% (tobacco), 50% (molassas), and 20%
(fruit/flavor). Juicier and flavor-packed fruits like pineapple,
peach, raspberries tend to work very well. To get apple flavors, try
using sweet ones like pink lady or granny smith.

Mix and mash the ingredients together and then simply put it in the
shisha bowl as you would store-bought shisha tobacco, and you should
be good to go."

if i were going to make weed "shisha" i would follow those instructions but obviosly substitute the tobacco with weed, and use some schwagg so you wont be disapointed if you mess up

Ca5hed

Ca5hed

candy makes you dandy

• Registered Upgraded
  • 166 posts
i hate to nitpick guys, but shisha means "glass" and it's a term referring to the hookah. so shisha tobacco=hookah tobacco.
massall is the name of the tobacco, or tobamel.

other than my asinine nitpicking though...me and my friends have tried it and had it work, but it was hard to get it going at first.

sherlockhead

sherlockhead

Straightedge for life

• Registered Upgraded
  • 693 posts
O_O dude dont feel bad

i could have really embarrased myself in a few years going to the middle east an asking to smoke a bowl of...

glass.

Ca5hed

Ca5hed

candy makes you dandy

• Registered Upgraded
  • 166 posts

O_O dude dont feel bad

i could have really embarrased myself in a few years going to the middle east an asking to smoke a bowl of...

glass.

would have made an interesting story :)

sherlockhead

sherlockhead

Straightedge for life

• Registered Upgraded
  • 693 posts

would have made an interesting story :)

haha yeah

juST21

juST21

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
yeah ive wanted to try this cus i just got a hookah. i heard from lots of places you can soak your weed in honey or something and put fruits and stuff if you want in it. it should be the same affect as regular shisha in the hookah except for the fact your gonna be stoned :smoking: its sposed to vaporize the weed cus the weeds not gonna fully burn since theres no flame on it but it should release all the THC. im def gonna try it next time im smoking with a couple friends so ill let you know how it works

ackrite

ackrite

Registered Loser

• Registered Upgraded
  • 292 posts
wait....so if i "blend" the shisha tobacco with my bud, it will work? or will it only work if you sprinkle it on top?

anyone try both? what's the best way to do it if you only have shisha tobacco and weed?

i've been wondering about these things for a long time, but i've never asked lol....

thebitcheswer69

thebitcheswer69

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 934 posts
It prob would just be a waste of nugget.<BR>Just do what I do with my hookah fill the bowl with shisha and sprinkle your finely ground nugget on top<BR>Then of course cover with tinfoil etc.<BR>Enjoy

somekid

somekid

• Registered Upgraded
  • 602 posts
From what ive heard its pretty easy to smoke hash with a hookah, tho i never done that. THe best success i had was with weed mixed with shisha tobacy, the other time was an eighth packed together with a lil lil bit of tobacco and the final time was a shit load of blunt roaches, rez weed and tobbacco (worked very well).

K4Lic0

K4Lic0

I Smoke Buds.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,013 posts
I use my hookah for shisha only. I would rather not inhale the tobacco.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)