Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is smoking with matches anti-stoner?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 420 2012, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Hi. Obviously Im new here :). Im on a 2 day smoking spree and I plan to carry it on into tommorow. My current lighter really sucks and takes forever to light so my thumbs are all blistered up. So tommorow I plan on using matches to avoid the sore thumbs dilemma :p. But one of my friends said I shouldnt use matches because it is just "anti stoner". Is this true? I know its a silly question but I dont want to be disrespecting stoner code!

2. Where the fuck did your friend get that idea? I think BIC lighters are pretty much the stoner way to smoke but I prefer matcher because they don't burn as much and don't taste that bad like BIC lighters.

3. Best solution: hemp wick

4. Hemp wick is the best, but you still need something to light it with. I use bic lighters on my bowl I find matches have a strange taste

5. no you have to do what you have to do. there was a time i had to use matches, a candle, and hemp wick everytime i was smoking. (only had a few matches to last a couple days lol)

just go buy a lighter asap man. and buy a huge roll of hemp wick and a candle if you dont want to have to keep lighter the lighter. just light the candle once and use to light the hemp wick for each rip.

there is no stoner code really, the only time something like that matters is when it affects someone else, do what ever you want for yourself though lol

6. Lighters burn at a higher temperature than matches. I use matches all the time, I feel lighters just torch it.

7. I use the sun and a magnifying glass.

8. I've always wanted to try this. Curse you seattle and your crappy weather.

9. Tacoma here :smoke:

No, OP, it's not against any "stoner code" to use matches to light things. It just gets really annoying to have to go through a box of matches each session. :(

10. the only thing "anti-stoner" is not smoking weed. lol

11. Or being stingy with weed.

12. That's just called give me some fucking money, moocher :smoke:

13. Nothing anti Stoner bout matches.. how can lighting a j in anyway be anti Stoner? If anything its pro Stoner cuz you succssefuly lit your bud...haha I've had no lighter nor matches and had to display the Stoner mcgiver inside me and light my blunt with the stove :)

14. When I'm too lazy to go buy a lighter I smoke with matches, I can tell you they give the bowl a weird taste and are boring to use.

A good tip when you are using matches is to break the red tip of every match you are using so you're left with the wooden stick :poke:, then light it with a candle or any source of fire instead... This way you avoid inhaling the sulfur and the other stuff that may not be that good for your health.

15. can you buy hemp wicks at most head shops?

16. Couldn't really tell you but none of the three headshops in my are sell hemp wick... but you can easily order it on any MJ online shop.

17. I like matches sometimes on bong hits, most of the time though they are just a pain

But about the thumb sores on your hand, have you tried removing the safety on the lighter? Makes it way easier to use

18. white lighters are pose to be un-lucky and anti-stoner like, right?

19. The white lighter thing is such bull shit, if it makes fire it's your friend although matches have more chemicals being burnt/inhaled when smoking.