1. 2' X 2' X 4.7' tent
2. 250 watt HPS light/ballast/reflector combo
3. two black buckets
4. Two lids with Netty Pots
5. Hydroton, pump, airline, two airstones.
7. Possibly propagation tray with dome.
9 . Nutrients.
10. PH strips or meter, depending on money left, eventually something to read PPM.
My main problem is, I have NO idea what Nutrients to start off with. Some things I read people buy 15 different ones. Others, people buy four. So I have no idea what to buy for my first grow. So here are my questions
* Can anyone give me a list of Nutrients to go out and pick up for a first time grow. I will obviously add on in the future. However I am looking for a list that can get me through a grow, get my feet wet, and allow the plant to be healthy.
* I know an HPS can be used as the only light source for a full grow? However would it still turn out fairly decent without swapping out for something else during veg? I read about people using one single HPS and nothing else. Others say to switch an HPS and MH depending on the stage (HPS for BLOOM, MH for veg). I would very much prefer using only one light. So is an HPS sufficient?
* Is 250 watt enough light for a single plant? Alternatively, would 150watt HPS be fine for a single plant?
* I understand how to germinate the seed. What I am unclear on is the best method from there. Should I place it into Rock-wool, then right into the DWC bucket? Or should I place it in a propagation chamber and make it sprout and grow some leaves before placing it in the DWC bucket.
I appreciate any help, or links to information.
Edited by KidKid, 25 April 2012 - 05:30 PM.