Okay, here's the thing.
Hypothetically, I were in a room of a four star hotel with my friends and we are smoking, what can we do if one of the other guests smells it and calls the cops/the manager?
1)Like with houses and flats, are we required to let them in, since it's not our property and we are currently residing there?
2) If there is no reasonable doubt (f.e. the smell, weed and bongs lying around), do the cops have the right to come in?
3) If we are clearly high, like laughing and our eyes are red, can they pin something on us?
4)Let's say, if they are not cops, and they're managers/cleaning ladies/security guards, do they have any right and do we have to let them in?
5)They can't touch our belongings wo a warrant or reasonable doubt, unless we let them?
I know it's a stupid idea, my friend it suggesting we do it, so I wanted to ask you guys and seek advice.
Others gave some good answers. I can answer the rest of your questions based on how it would work in the US
1) Most definitely
2) 99% sure yes, if they can see it or smell it, same way as if you're in a car
3) Not from that by itself no. That just attracts a little attention, nothing big
4) The guy who works at a Hotel answered this, but my experience is that service/cleaning staff won't come in if you hang a do not disturb or tell them you're busy. If they're coming in to yell at you about smoking weed in the room, they've probably already rung your room phone to tell you.
5) Hotel guy answered it too. The people who work at the hotel aren't interested in going through your things here, too much liability so they leave that to the police
If possessing and smoking a few joints is more of a crime in your country than a cash fine, loss of your license for a year, or a week of jail, then I would expect these answers to change, for the worse. How harsh is your country on weed?
I've done it in a hotel before and the guys above are spot on - get as much of that shit out the window as fast as you can, cause at the end of the day you don't want to get stuck paying them for cleaning the smell... the rest is paranoia and controlling yourself; I don't smoke with people who can't control themselves high
Edited by FilthyDubz, 25 April 2012 - 01:11 PM.