how many lumens does it take to sprout.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by weedman369, Apr 24, 2012.

1. I have two 900 lumen cfls inside of a shoebox wrapped with aluminum foil, and i was wondering would that be enough to get the plant to sprout up and out of the soil. My plan is to move then plant outdoor once it sprouts.

2. It doesnt take any lumens to get them to sprout. They will sprout in the dark.

It does, however, take light to grow.

Make sure that lil' shoebox doesnt get too hot.

jerry

3. I have vegged plants to over 14" with a single 23 watt CFL and about the same with 12 watts of LED.

Do a search on my grow.

4. your little cfl will do it justice for the first 1-2 weeks after it breaks soil but by the 3-4th set of leave id recommend something bigger for it to take off a bit faster =)

5. He is moving it to something bigger, it's called the sun. Don't see how you could miss that part, it's only a 2 sentence post... :confused:

6. Sure its pretty easy to realize how i missed that i mean this is basically a stoner forum =)

7. [​IMG]

Do you think this is a fire hazard. It will be on for 24 hours as i am at college for most of the day.

8. [​IMG]
    this is the shoebox

9. A college student who cannot look up the combustion temperature of cardboard and the surface temp of a CFL? Sad, really...

10. I go to pheonix university so......

11. Not only that, also can't spell the name of the University...really, really sad.

12. God this is to good

13. God this is too good.

14. Beat me to it swami! :laughing:

15. I left you the other correction, but you failed to notice. See if you can find it.

16. I spot nothing but the failure to capitalize Phoenix. But then again I never finished high school.

17. The missing comma after 'God'. My, aren't we fucking anal? :smoke:

18. Hahaha..I was thinking of that, but the more I thought about it, that statement could work without a comma as well.

19. Nobody cares about grammatical errors on these boards. Cut the guy some slack, he just wants a few questions answered.

20. There should be a comma after "God."