ferts needed?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ganjawarrior, Jul 18, 2006.

1. are ferts really needed?
    ive had a plant for a while now around 2 1/2 ft tall, very bushy
    checked her out and she a femmy
    havnt used any ferts, is that bad?
    i have some tomato plant food, i heard its good to use right?
    or is it too late to start using it?
    hoping on a nice harvest end sept maybe early oct
    so any help would be appreciated

[​IMG]

2. sry for huge picture

3. put a little in with the next watering and see how she likes it
    if your worried cut down the dosage
    you shoud be fine

4. Outside you can sometimes get away with with using no fertz. If the quality of the soil is good enough, there will be enough food already in the soil. I have found that the most fertile soil outdoors is in abandoned overgrown farmers fields. Grow great plants there without a drop of food. But other types of soil will require feeding to get better results. The plant will tell you when it's hungry. When it starts to yellow from the bottom up, it's time for dinner

;)

What is the NPK ratio of the tomato fertz you have??

5. Are ferts really needed??

Well you could grow in a good soil and add no ferts and get a yield, maybe a reasonable yield.

But most of us pay good money to buy ferts, or like me go to a lot of effort to make our own organic ferts, because it is cost effective. You will get a much better yield from a fertilised plant than from one simply left to its own devices.

6. alright thanks
    heres the tomatoe food ingrediants i have ( Miracle grow brand )
    total N= 1.4%ammoniacal nitrogen
    2.6% Nitrate nitrogen
    14% Urea Nitrogen
    Availabe Phosphate ( p2Os ) ........18%
    Soluble Potash ( K2oO)..........21%
    Magnesium........... .50%
    .50% water soluble magnesium
    copper .50%
    water soluble copper .05%
    iron .10%
    maganese .05%
    .05 chelated maganese
    Zinc .05%
    .05 water zinc

also says its derived from ammonium sulfate, pottasium nitrate, urea ,pottasium phosphate, magnesium phosphate, copper sulphate, iron EDTA, maganese EDTA, and zinz sulphate

so is this stuff all good for my plant? says to mix 1 TBSP into 1 gallon of water

7. Ok so the NPK ratio is 18-18-20, that's an ok all around general purpose food good for the vegetative cycle. Come flowering though you'll need to get a flowering fert though. With flowering fertz you want those last 2 numbers higher than the first one

8. flowering starts soon right?
    can i get a good flowering fert at the local wal mart?
    if so what?

9. awesome, thank you very much spliffy
    one mo thing
    how much does that stuff cost?
    and ive noticed a little curling on some of my leaves
    any suggestions?

10. o yea and how often will i need to water with the ferts?

11. Every two weeks ia about right

12. Depends TOTALLY on your climate. If I do not water every 24, my plants are tinder dry and wilting by 36.

But I know guys in the UK who only ever water every 2 weeks.

13. HE said water with fertz, not just plain water. If you water with fertz every 24hrs you ain't gonna have them plants for much longer!

14. I water with organic ferts every 48.

15. But we're not talking about you, we're talking about about him He's using chemical fertz