Drooping leaves+small top fan leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by JustTheNugs, Apr 24, 2012.

1. whats up guys. second time grow, about 2 weeks into flower and coming into some problems. first off my set up. 150w hps and 3 67w cfls. Using a random fan i found in a homemade box about 3.5ft by 2.5ft with no top. cant check the temps since i dont have a thermometer. so now with whats wrong, the new fan leaves are maybe half the size of normal and extermly skinny. all the other leaves are drooping pretty bad too. i water twice a week (once with just water and once with foxfarms big bloom and tiger bloom)with about half of a gallon for each plant. im guessing it may be heat issues but it never feels too hot. let me know what yall think

Attached Files:

2. almost 200 views and no response? the strain is nirvana bubbleicious if that helps. snagged a few more pictures when the lights turned off too.

Attached Files:

3. The fan leaves get smaller during flowering

4. what size pot u using , looks pritty big to me , think they got enough nutes also , them leaves are way to green , just give plain ph`d water for couple weeks let those over loaded nitrogen leafs become bit more lighter , as for watering if that plant was mine i would really be putting 5ltrs or a gallon , i work in ltrs , hope this helps

5. Drooping is usually caused by over/under watering, heat, or root lock. Those plants look pretty big, you should be using a 5g pot -- minimum. Anything less might cause your roots to strangle, which will make your plant look droopy like that.

6. Using a 5g pot for both of them. They're about 22inches tall each. I think I've been underwatering them, watered one of them earlier with 1 1/2 gallons and it's not drooping at all anymore. Can underwatering cause the top leaves to "claw" too or is that somthing else?

7. Clawing can be caused by many things. Are they starting to burn at the tips, or is the leaf just folding a little bit.

8. They're not burning or anything just folding over and curling down. Also the bottom leaves are starting to yellow so I'm thinking it was too much N? Should I go ahead and flush both?

Attached Files:

9. Too much N will cause your plants to turn dark green -- where as a lack of N will cause your leaves to turn yellow. You probably have a slight N deficiency, so just add a high N nute/fert and you should be good. The leaf folding over/curling might be because your temp is too high, or maybe you're overwatering?