Heavy Metal Metalheads unite \m/

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by StonedMortal, Apr 23, 2012.

1. I drink fire
    Smoke dope ritual

I get higher
    Slow toke ritual

2. This isn't metal
    but Heavy psychedelia could be a subgenre of metal if it wanted to

3. One of my dreams came true tonight. I had two very attractive females pour liquor down my throat while I was on stage. I don't care if half of it went up my nose and caused my brain to hurt for the next few hours... it was worth it.

4. #4825 Mr. Mojorising, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2015
    [​IMG]Hell Yes!
    New song for your band.

Call it Whiskey Bitch
    Put to music..make the lryics

5. Well it was whiskey haha. I think I'm going to steal that song title for myself before the band can take it.

6. For Today, Motionless In White, Meshuggah, Arch Enemy, Impending Doom, Thy Art is Murder, Whitechapel

7. I've got personal beef with For Today

But what do you think about Holy War?

8. New Drudkh album!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XQZ3XgIeLg

9. Guess who just got his hands on a reviewer copy of Cattle Decapitation's new album :metal: also herbsofcheese, krallice has a new album out according to what I saw the other day

10. duuuddddeeeee
    Lucky!!!!

11. Ya mon. About to put it on my ipod and jam to the album of the fucking of year :metal:

12. Just finished The Anthropocene Extinction. I feel like this will suffice as a review.

[​IMG]

Cattle Decapitation is experimenting a lot on this one, fairly prominent Black Metal influences on several tracks, track 3 has them playing with Industrial on the intro, and overall it's more methodical and less all guns blazing than Monolith of Inhumanity.

There isn't really a best track, everything is top fucking notch. Even the 2 interludes are utilized very well, hell in the second one (Ave Exitium) there's even a first (to my knowledge) for Cattle Decapitation, clean vocals (not the semi cleans Travis introduced on The Harvest Floor, refined on Monolith of Inhumanity, and has perfected on The Anthropocene Extinction). Speaking of those odd throat-y/nasally semi-cleans, they are on almost every track on this, may be an issue if you don't like them, but I love them, they're so unique (if you have evidence otherwise, please prove me wrong, I'm very interested in that vocal style).

Didn't actually intend this to turn into a real review, but yea, I pretty much had to to describe what's going on with this album :laughing:

If you like Cattle Decapitation, it is your sworn duty to get this album, end of discussion.

13. . I'm about to listen to this!

14. Get ready to jizz son :D
    And for you Black Metallers, you will enjoy track 2, The Prophets of Loss

15. So stonedmortal, by my math you should be just about done (that math being I was already on track 2 of listen 2 when you said you were about to listen to it).

How was your first time with The Anthropocene Extinction?

16. I need more
    Gods of Grind they are