Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

At home Marijuana Drug Test - Preliminary

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Mucky420, Apr 23, 2012.

1. So I recently quit smoking exactly 2 weeks ago, and since then i've been doing EVERYTHING that i possibly can do to get the THC out of my system, i've straight ran in humid temperatures for 2 weeks straight until im dripping sweat all over the floor, so bad to where the entire front side of my treadmill is a dark black due to all the sweat, not to mention ive been taking hot, steamy showers with a towerl covering the crack of the door. I've been taking A-Z vitamins before bed EVERY night and i've been eating completely healthy, fruits, vegetables, protein, etc.. bascially 0 unhealthy food whatsoever. I've also been drinking TONS of water, so after doing all this sweating and good nutrition, i decided to give the drug test a try after 14 days... the test came up as preliminary, not negative. Now its impossible for these drug tests to tell you the THC is out of your system 100%, so it says i should mail it into their lab and then get results back, but my question to you guys is, will i be able to pass a drug test for a job with just the knowledge of this preliminary result? or must I send it into the lab? Thanks guys :) Note - It was a 20$ At home marijuana drug test from walgreens.

2. You should be good in a month total

3. Hey mang, you ought to be using the Home tests that contain at least 5 of those dipsticks in them so you can do multiple self-testing. But at any rate, you are doing all the right things; of the 3 factors in the natural detox method (exergenics, dilution, and abstinence time), the variable that contributes the most variance is "abstinence time". So keep on with what you are doing...give it 5 more days..then you ought to see that definite second line.

THC clings to our body's tissues like bad credit on an Experian report. Most folks think only of fat tissue (i.e., tummy and butt)--but remember that muscle and nerve cells are also comprised of adipose tissue to a fractional extent. THC is adsorbed onto your skeletal muscle and myelin sheath of your central nervous system (brain+spinal cord tissue). That is why it is so hard to "burn off", because it is embedded deep into our physiology. Some researches lucidly assert that humans and cannabis are sybiotically wedded.

4. #5 Mucky420, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2012
    So are you saying preliminary means i failed the test? if it means I failed why are they asking me to send it in for further testing ??

and the only drug tests i could find were the 20$ single ones at walgreens.

5. Preliminary means "inconclusive"; they are asking to have a confirmation test done to see if it's "positive". You can order online 5 tests pak for $8.

6. Does the packaging say anywhere how long it takes to get the results from sending it in? I'm 1.5-2 weeks from testing (somewhat flexible) and I'd love to get an actual number from GC/MS off an AM sample.....

I bought a 25 pack of tests off amazon (I think it was around $20-30) and I'm getting a very light line with lots of fluid on board (tested every week and any line at all is an improvement, but I'm not reassured). It's been 47 days following 1.5 years of heavy daily use; I'm starting to freak out as this is an extremely important job! I'm 6'2" and 160lbs; I never thought it would take this long! Anyway, I feel your pain!