Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long do you leave the bud/trim/grinder/male plant in ISO to make ISO hash?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by biomedpothead, Apr 21, 2012.

1. So I've heard anywhere between 10 seconds and 6 hours for this. The people that say to leave it in the ISO for less time (30-60s is most common) claim that it produces lower quantity but higher quality. If this is true, the only way this makes sense to me is that the ISO extracts all the THC within the first 30 or so seconds and after that it is just extracting other plant materials like chlorophyll. So is my hypothesis correct? Let me know what you think. How much time do you guys recommend? Post pics of your ISO if you have any.

2. i'm not sure about this to be honest but it's good you're really looking into this. if u fuck up with iso u cud kill urself

3. #3 biomedpothead, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2012
    You can't kill yourself with ISO unless you drink it man. It's just rubbing alcohol. You're probably thinking of BHO.

4. There are much more appropriate spots on this site for this then seasoned tokers. To answer your question though your hypothesis is correct. The longer you expose your weed to ISO generally the more waxes/chlorophyll are in your product. I generally do a 1 minute wash for a extremly pure product then rewash it leaving it in there for an hour.

5. you are correct my good sir.

6. Thanks for the feedback. I think this is an appropriate thread for q and a for seasoned tokers though. I'm pretty sure apprentice tokers don't even know what ISO is.

7. I made some with a quarter of some decent weed. It was way more gooey than I thought. Its almost like butane hash oil. I smoked it by heating up a metal bong piece on the stove and then holding it up to a bong with hookah thongs and using the metal pokey thing that comes with hookah thongs to scoop up a little hash and hold it on the hot bowl. It bubbled and vaporized like hash oil. Probably not as pure as BHO though. First hash of any kind I've ever made.