Kushington's Grow Tent - Dinafem Roadrunner #2 Autoflower

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Kerbs, Apr 21, 2012.

1. no problem man :) and its deffo worth it, others can read our journals and learn from them so what we do is pretty useful man and thats pretty sick is it a hybrid of trainwreck or something? and yes plesnt of lsting gets the buds rolling in, ive read and seen many videos and articles about lsting and have sucessfully carried it out on ym grow so if u need any help with that then give me a message :)
    peace

2. Thanks for tuning in. I'm expecting just a little under an ounce per plant. If the lower buds fatten up enough in these next 2 weeks, I should easily get an ounce each.

3. [quote name='"Kushington17"']

Thanks for tuning in. I'm expecting just a little under an ounce per plant. If the lower buds fatten up enough in these next 2 weeks, I should easily get an ounce each.[/quote]

Just out of curiosity, are you using a low yielding autoflower strain? I just ordered Haze 2.0 and expect at least 1.5-2 or more per plant.

I forget how much lighting you have also.

4. Original trainwreck and OG Kush, and thanks man I appreciate it.

5. #65 Kerbs, Jun 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2012

Well the seed description didnt really mention that it was low yeilding. I kind of assumed though, if I wanted a really nice yeilding auto I should have ordered easy ryder, but I was sort of intrigued by the whole seed description and really wanted to try it out. Its going to be some great smoke.

Edit - and I used a massive 200w cfl for veg, and a sunsystem 150w hps for flowering. Lower wattage but higher lumen output so it the watts dont matter.

6. Day 63

Harvesting in exactly a week. The plants look pretty much the same as last update, just slightly fatter buds lol they just keep growing.

This week im starting the final stage of nutrients for the technaflora line. The suggested combination is supposed to enhance aroma and taste, and help the buds dense up before harvest. Their already rock hard so I wonder how that will go haha.

Stay tuned :wave:

Attached Files:

7. Today is day 70, but ive postponed harvest for a few days. Im going away for the weekend so right when I come back Im going to keep them in total darkness for 2 days, and then chop :D

Im so excited, they look absolutely incredible and I just really want to smoke this bud lol! It smells fantastic, very fruity.

These pictures are from when I flushed them both, gave them triple the amount of regular watering.

Stay tuned for harvest in a few days!

Attached Files:

8. Yo man they're looking really good..it should be some good smoke. I cut one of mine so far and I have another one in complete darkness until tomorrow when I chop it. Good smokin bro

9. were going to be harvesting on the same day buddy, good luck to u!

il be posting pics tomorrow

10. Day 74 week 11.

HARVEST!!!!:yay:

Chopped both girls down today. Had lots of fun harvesting and I have a good feeling about the final weight and smoke, I think it will turn out great.

Out of curiosity I weighed both top colas, their obviously wet but you can still get a good idea of dry weight from the wet weight. The smaller plants top cola weighed 19.3 grams, and the bigger plants top cola weighed 23 grams!

Thank you everyone for your motivating comments on my journal, my next grow will start in a few days and it will be K-Train by Green house seeds using the same equipment but I will be doing SCROG. I will most likely make a journal.

First 3 pictures are the smaller plant, next 3 are the bigger plant, and last 2 are both top colas and a view of the entire harvest.

STAY TUNED FOR FINAL DRY WEIGHT :smoke:

Attached Files:

11. That's lookin like its gunna be super nice man good job...how many plants are you gunna do this time? And are you gunna do autos again?

12. Im going to do a 1 plant LST & SCROG with the same setup but with a 5gal bucket and a scrog screen obviously. Its not going to be an auto, its going to be K-Train by greenhouse seeds

13. They look really nice :cool: I just bought some of these seeds, looks like I made a decent choice. What did the dry weight end up being?

14. The bud has been curing for almost a week now and its going pretty good. I have made the choice not to even try it yet, until its cured for 2-3 weeks. I want it to be a surprise ;)

Both plants weigh a half ounce each. Its weird because one was bigger than the other, but they are actually the same dry weight. One of the plants had bigger buds in general but the other had a bigger cola, so it all evened out.

Il post pictures and a smoke report in about a week :D

15. got too lazy for pictures lol.

Roadrunner #2 turned out to be a great smoke. Not extremely potent but its relaxing. The only problem is its not a very long lasting high. Tastes good and is very smooth though.

Thanks for the support everyone

16. I know this thread is old but if you're still on here I have a couple of questions for you.

First off thanks for posting this journal it's nice to see a complete grow and a review. Nice grow by the way.

How many hours did you run the HPS a day?

How was the smell while growing? Was a carbon scrubber necessary? Would you have done anything differently with this grow?

Thanks for any reply.

17. Nice to see someone appreciates it aha thanks bro.

The light schedule was 20/4. The smell was very minimal during the entire grow, I only noticed the smell if I was in a radius of a couple feet of the tent. I had no carbon filter or any odor control at all.

If I would have done anything differently to this grow, it would be LST. I should have tied down some branches and created a more even canopy of buds. If I did that I wouldn't have had popcorn buds at the bottom and I would have got an overall higher yield. I am currently doing a scrog for two regular photoperiod plants in the same tent with the same hps but added cfls on the side.

18. Right on Kushington thanks for the reply. I will be doing that lst. You and I have close to the same setup only thing different is my tent is 5'6" high.

I went with that 150 sun system light after a friend who has the same light was using it in his basement and it flooded. The light was underwater and still shining I would never have believed it if I hadn't seen it. After he pumped the water out and dried out the light it still worked good as new.

My best harvest in that 2x2 tent was 4 oz with 3 plants growing hydro (bubble phonics) growing dirt I never seem to break that 1oz per plant I tried to put a pic of the hydro grow on here but I can't seem to figure out how. Thanks again for the complete journal and the reply.

19. Sounds like a nice set up.

I'm upgrading soon to a 4x4x6 and I've decided to start using Smart Pots because I've seen pretty solid results that they produce a much healthier and strong plants and ultimately a much higher yield. I'm considering starting a journal.

No problem man thanks for taking the time to read it

20. I had to register to see the photos but I was looking for a journal for roadrunner 2 so i can see there potential . Thanks for your contribution:)