Using molasses for yield.

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Shizmot, Apr 18, 2012.

1. #21 Irie67, May 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2012
    It is totally possible to increase your yield by 15% using molasses. However, it must be used correctly in AACT to multiply and grow bacteria and fungi. It is the bacteria and fungi who will increase your yield after they eat the molasses. Just mixing molasses with water and watering your plants will not help you

2. Fuck, i gave 1.5 tablespoon of black strap organic molasses to each of my babies 4 days ago. It was their last watering, two of my babies have lost a mass of fan leaves since then (although i think its ok for plants to lose many leaves when they are very near harvest time?). I hope it did not attract any dangerous microbes.

3. [quote name='"lowryder21"']Fuck, i gave 1.5 tablespoon of black strap organic molasses to each of my babies 4 days ago. It was their last watering, two of my babies have lost a mass of fan leaves since then (although i think its ok for plants to lose many leaves when they are very near harvest time?). I hope it did not attract any dangerous microbes.[/quote]

U are supposed to brew it am let it break down. Not just pour it in your water an feed. U might have a problem

4. lowryder21

i mean...using molasses isnt like spraying round up on your plants.....it isnt good for them......its kinda bad but there are far worse things out there on the market you are "supposed" to feed your plants.

i would probably contribute that to their age rather than the molasses.

-OSUB

5. Yeah, i dissolved them in very hot tap water and let it cool for a day before i used it. This is what i did with the first two plants. They are the ones that are looking worse now. Then i did what you described above with the other two, i still haven't noticed any major change. I measured runoff in all of them, it was about 0.8 EC(600 PPM). I am gonna cut them in 3-4 days, hope everything will be ok.

6. I believe you are only supposed to use certain kinds of Molasses. I can't remember if its unsulphered, sulphered, or blackstrap. Blackstrap is not cheap. Check your local feed stores for large molasses containers for much less money.

7. It does not really give a sweet taste More enhances the flavours of the weed. I always use it have done for years. I don't know what you mean by using it along with co2. There are no problem I know of I have co2 tabs in my tent I never had any problems with using the two together. You will pay through the nose if you get it in grow store You will get the good stuff at any health store Make sure it's unsulfured
    I hope this helps you man

8. #28 Guest55445566, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
    Everyone I have ever known who has tried using mollasses (including myself) has wound up with problem after problem, whether it's mites, lockout, or whatever..

Molasses will NOT increase your yields because plants only consume 3 nutrients: N,P, and K and a few supplements like calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, etc..  Mollases is for promoting healthy bacterial growth in the soil and has NOT BEEN PROVEN ONE SINGLE TIME to increase yields even marginally.

Use real nutrients, don't risk all your hard work because you want the easy "quick fix" because I'm here to tell you that I have tried it, and trust me it's not a quick fix.... It's a pipe dream.

9. "my main question remains unanswered. Is there a significant increase in yield?"

No.

Period.

J

10. "plants only consume 3 nutrients: N,P, and K and a few supplements like calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc"

Really?

J

• Like Like x 1
  11. Black Strap Molasses (not the shitty liquid kind that does nothing) will make your buds more dense and a lot stickier. It will increase your yield slightly but don't think of getting a miraculous 2x crop from it. We used it for flavor as well as to harden up our buds

12. I use molasses in the second half of flowering, not for yield increase but to increase the uptake of nutrients, and also it's a good source of iron, zinc, magnesium, etc. I find it can also sometimes help balance pH of nutrient mixes too, depending on the dose.

13. I just use mycorz for root simulation in dwc

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. It makes my plant taste sweeter, done a side by side comparison cos I used it on my 1st ever grow then switched to just water on my next ones and couldn't really taste the sweetness so I changed back and have been smoking sweet weed ever since.

15. Start using in the 7th week of flower

16. don't listen to the conspiracy theorist who say it's going to make your weed sweet.  That is unscientific, stupid and baseless.   Not one of them will provide you with proof.  This is just a stupid idea for silly kids to believe, like Santa or Jesus.  :D :D :D

17. Cane molasses (blackstrap) is a fine source of amino acid, long-proven and trusted. one of the most logical sources for calcium, iron and magnesium. Its an easy additive early in veg when they seek carbohydrate, quite convenient to supplement in foliar application and arguably essential minerals late in flower.

18. #38 VanillaGorillaz, Apr 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2015
    I imagine you would make a simple syrup out of it pretty much right, except not 50/50. Gonna try this!

19. "Yeah, i dissolved them in very hot tap water and let it cool for a day before i used it. This is what i did with the first two plants. They are the ones that are looking worse now. Then i did what you described above with the other two, i still haven't noticed any major change. I measured runoff in all of them, it was about 0.8 EC(600 PPM). I am gonna cut them in 3-4 days, hope everything will be ok. "

I dunno if I'm the only one who caught this. But u probly shouldn't use your hot tap water. It's classified as stagnant. It sits hot in a tank for hours on end. I know I tried to make coffee the lazy way one day with hot tap water and made me sick as shit. Probly does same to your plants.

Unless u have an on demand water heater or got it from one of those water fountains that dispenses hot?

20. I dont have scientific proof but here is a pic of a plant that produced 7 oz dry and the grower, best friend of mine uses it starting at week 5 of veg straight through to final flush and has similar results each and every time. So not to say your thoughts are wrong, moreso to just say it works for him.......[attachment=1754501ART_1428249838930_IMG_20150405_100252.jpg]

BigBowlBaggins

Attached Files: