Fayn2madness 2012 Hot Mess

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by fayn2madness, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Merry late Christmas and happy new year everybody. sorry i haven't been around much - end of outdoor season here took a little while longer and i have been down with a flareup of my hepatitis c and some associated issues.

Sorry to hear about your uncle. my dad has been suffering from prostate cancer for years - he's 89 now and its metasticizing to his lungs and bones. he's starting to black out now - lost 20 minutes 11 days ago, another 10 2 days ago. Dr. Said its seizures. been busy dealing with that and my mom who has the onset of dementia.

Im trying to get on more but they just revoked ny dads license yesterday. the Dr.s office did. man last night was sad - i think he's wanting to give up. i have to stay close and keep an eye on him in case he falls.

Keep me in your prayers or chants or just hope for the best - thanks Fayne2madness - im trying to get caught up on my reading, man this thread flies by!!

2. My Uncle is just waiting there is nothing they can do and he is in a motorized chair. His hands are swollen 3 times normal size and his frame is thinner than my 100 lbs though he weighs more then me but just because, this man was well over 6' and sometimes up to the 300 lb weight on and off in his life, a giant to lil ole me. When I was a child, I loved seeing him and when he hugged me it was so very special. Yesterday when I visited I saw his daughter my cousin my age who I haven't seen in so long I didn't recognize her and her younger brother I think he was 15 last time, now grow with his own grown children. He looks like my brother a lot but built more like Uncle Robert.
    Uncle Robert got permission to be buried on the family land and he motored out to check the Gopher Tortose holes and show his son and daughter where he wanted to be buried on the land. I asked aunt Sally if I could have my ashes there too and she said "of course. if you want to." Back in that thicket it is still as hardscrabble as I remember and they are happy even in their sorrow. It soothed my soul after seeing the last 2 deaths of people I cared about who were very close to me. I had to step back and watch the neglect and concerns over money deciding their fate rather than providing all that would allow that chance to have just a little more time with us. Though this has been very hard, I needed to see it. I was hit hard by those last 2 experiences and the helplessness because of the neglect of those in control in opposition to those of us with genuine concerns and heart filled love. I am healed a bit seeing uncle Robert loved and nurtured, cared for and protected. I'm glad I got to tell him Thank you.
    I'm so sorry for your Dad, Mom and you. Don't think for a minute you are missing out here when this time is all you have left with them. It's hard but it makes you well when they are gone if you know you helped them as much as you could. Make the most of every minute.:wave:

3. #1124 fayn2madness, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2012
    RECON I just noticed I always misspell your name!:p
    I'll never do it again...I reckon..:D:wave::smoking:

4. #1125 Just_X, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
    See that now fay;) Reconreefer:smoking:Fay you put a smile on my face just now . Took care of my Dad's Mom, g'ma to me. Just seems like things have never been the same since her going Home. The hospice nurse said she had the most peaceful passing she had ever witnessed. It still hurt real bad tho.
    Oh and get this: I tryed to get a local hospice to help. Just so happens , G'ma was having a great day when they came over. The girl in charge turned her down becuz G'ma could syill go to the potty unassisted. Well, Contacted another hospice and they were there for us quickly. Here's the kicker....about 2 months after her passing .I get a call from the 1st, watever she is, wanting to know how my G'ma was doing. AWWWW Snaaaap... think she will make wiser decisions from now on. peace:smoking:

5. All I can say is "who wants a stranger assisting them in the bathroom?" not me and not anyone I ever cared for that I know of. Although at the end Virginia said she didn't care any more she just wanted it over with and who could blame anyone who realizes their family is just waiting for them to die so they could collect the money. She was my best friend, my ex Mom in law, and the Mother to me I always needed. Though I did have some say to her care, once she became incapacitated, I didn't have the final authority nor the full awareness of the extent they were willing to go, even though there was evidence of it I didn't see it because I couldn't imagine it nor conjure it to start with but I didn't have anything at stake. I wasn't there for money, I wasn't in the will beyond a token or 2. I wonder if it would have changed me to have millions if only someone dies and gets out of the way? would it change you? I don't think the money would have healed me but I could be wrong. If I had known I would have proposed she sign them the money and leave us to concentrate on healing her. I still wish I had known so we could have had a little more time.
    My current Mother n Law did the same thing to my very sweet Father n Law last year. He declined because she refused to send him to a facility that could have saved him saying they couldn't afford it. She has income of $5000 per month and all assets paid for, she could have easily afforded it. I offered to bring him here and care for him and she disallowed that too. He died within 6 weeks. I will never speak to her again. I hope she and my Sons Paternal family, rots in hell though I know I shouldn't.

6. #1127 Just_X, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
    It's so sad when family knows there's some money around. My Aunt's and Uncle asked me to be the POA of G'ma. Little did I realize the stress and mental anguish that could bring.
    They knew there was some money and I got to see their true colors. I made sure ALL of the money was spent on g'mas welfare. She was well taken care of and that can get expensive quick. Really caused me to lose alot of respect for my family. Had my 1st and hopefully last "anxiety attack". Think I need anger management classes. lol Life can suck sometimes.

PS: the money won't heal you fay, it's like a drug, just temporary relief.

7. You crazy Russian, now I feel like I was preaching to the choir. :rolleyes:

You should look into some paleo(paleolithic period) diet science then. It's more based around how we as people ate previous to us processing any foods. It's ultra organic if you ask me.

8. :laughing: Sorry :p I will look into paleo diet, thanks! I try to eat and feed my family minimally processed food if possible. Kids get fruit, raw veggies or raw seeds with pinch of sea salt for snacks on weekends. Too bad surrounding food culture is going to make them feel like wierdos later on. I hope they will be willing to discuss it with me if/when it happens so I can steer them off the mindless mainstream and back to "healthier". :):wave:

9. That's how I raised my son but didn't fuss when he got the other w/friends or family. He usually regretted it because he wasn't used to it. Now he is all about healthy eating and weight lifting and an all around expert :rolleyes:. Even as a toddler though he ate salad and raisins were candy and that sort of thing. He didn't know much at all about McDonalds til he started school and they weren't on every corner on the Big Island either so the other kids didn't know much about it either.;):D
    Coke and chips was the hard one to avoid to me. People seemed to think he was being deprived and what's not to like about them until you have knowledge?:wave::smoking:

10. We are on the same page Faye :D:wave: Mine have never been to McDonalds, Wendy's and alike and I somehow even managed to wean my husband off Coke :hello: French fries are the forbidden fruit for them now, thanks to my in-laws who just like you said think I "deprive children of joys of childhood" :rolleyes::devious:

Update? :D:smoking:

11. Hey Faye,

Your work ethic has been a constant inspiration to me this past year. :hello:

I hope you and yours have a beautiful and bountiful New Year...filled with sticky girly goo! :D

See ya...

12. #1133 fayn2madness, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2012
    :wave:OK enough of the sad stuff

I am going to attempt to post before and after views of the gals after hanging in the perlite and me gone for 5 full days.

Here we go...
    before will be first and after will be second. Notes are in the photo unless otherwise posted, please look past the typos that program doesn't correct my spelling or typing errors.

CR before
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

CR after

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CR male

not sure if the pheno is the same as the other because I have cut the roots off twice and the top 3 times. It has been dwarfed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pink these next are the lil pups I popped from the CR male the TD x CR etc. the cups are marked. The JD x CR or PX (I thought px but looks cr)is turning out much nicer than I expected from the first few ta 6 weeks. It was a pitiful thing. I came back and she had exploded in a very good way.

before

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

after

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

see if I can find some wide shots of the bigger gals.

before
    this is the best I have on a wide shot before I left

[​IMG]

after

[​IMG]

I walked down to the creek bed and the henies followed me to get some slugs God luv em, I think they missed me and checking out all I am doing all the time. but as you can see...

[​IMG]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ompKNikbLYw
    so I was stuck with the inside chores today.

13. #1134 fayn2madness, Dec 30, 2012
    Does anyone know why none of the links work to embed vids any more?:devious:

...and also
    Thank you PW that was a very nice thing to say to me.:wave:

14. thats the finest update I have seen in some time......awesome!

15. So that second from the end photo makes me think you had to feel happy to walk in there after 5 days break :D The girls are looking awesome :D

On a sad note, I think she is a boy Faye :( Girl would not be that desperate for the light, she'd keep her composure at least partially :rolleyes: IMO :):wave::smoking::smoking:

16. Heeeeyyyy...guys can maintain their composure too! Give em a few beers and put em in front of the tv on Sunday for some football and he'll calm right down.:D

Faye, the fact that you were able to leave those plants for a week and come back to em lookinging self sustained is awesome!! Thats exactly what Im hoping to acheive with my plants in the SIPs. If I get called away for work (which is all the time) I like to know that I can come back have them looking like yours.

Hey BTW, I have another question for you. I was reading one of your posts from a while back and saw where you mentioned putting SRP in the pot where it will come into contact with the plant's roots in order to be able to identify nutrient lock out? Can you help me understand this better? Thanks!

17. #1138 fayn2madness, Dec 30, 2012
    Rock Phosphate lasts 7 years. NN seems to always have a problem when he flips of Phosphate deficiencies. If he put the proper amount separately in the root zone when he steps the plants up it will be attached to the roots so when or if he gets the deficiency he will know the Phosphates are there and not used up til 7 years so it stands to reason a lock out is in play. No guessing if there is enough, there is and it is going nowhere. :wave:

As to leaving them 2 weeks or a week at a time. If they outgrow the pots while you are gone, they will use more water than the not overgrown plants. I had 2 do that and got back just in time. If I had been one more day it would have been so declined it would have been tossed or taken too much time to save. I reckon it could have been used as a Mother when it recovered and cycled into the summer grow and knowing me that's what I would have done. As it is the plants are all good.

18. Thank you very much, sensei...:D:wave: hope my Christmas gift from Santa isn't lost, thought it would have come while I was gone but nada yet...

It's a she, she's got preflowers, I think she did that cause I added a 400 MH the week before I left and it is at the other end. I have very uneven lighting just making do.

19. Sorry to pull up such an old post fayn, but I've had a TD limping along on one leg since she went into flower and it's got me stumped. Got a strain tip or two? Yours look awesome....maybe you just found a good pheno? I just can't seem to find any good information for successfully growing her, just lots of complaints about what a crappy strain she is.

I'm stubborn and don't care much for defeat :laughing:

You've got an awesome set up here and beautiful plants...I'm green with envy (always wanted a greenhouse) ;)