Blue Mystic Auto Flower- 2'x2'x4' - My First Indoor Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by revlucifer, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Moistened the pots slightly and put them under lights. Here's a pic. We'll see what happens by Monday I guess.

Attached Files:

2. The lights not really necessary unless your using it to keep them warm....

3. Yeah, just figured after 24 in darkness, they could use some warming light. Still no sprouts. Let the pots sit in water for a couple mins. to re-soak. I'll check again in about 12 hours.

4. Hey man.
    If yours turn out like mine did your in for a treat, just cropped mine out and it looks to be the best of the six I have (various strains).

Check it out when you get a chance :)

:smoke:

5. Go slow on the water it's very easy to drown them at this stage.

6. Thanks, Chimera. I feel as nervous as a new parent. I have been trying to just keep them barely moist to the touch and not over think anything. Hope sometime tomorrow to see some green popping out.

7. We have liftoff! HELL YEAH! I am kinda liking these peat plugs!

I am legally blind and it was still pretty easy for me to tell if the soil was damp. It goes from cocoa brown to dark black when it's wet.

I have them under 2 x 26w 6500k cfl right now. Should I go ahead and add my other 2 6500k or wait a while? Also, is it recommended to keep the lights a bit away from the plants until I get true leaves?

Thanks again Chimera! Also, Indicush, I'll take a look at your grow ASAP. I'm still learning as I go.

Attached Files:

8. Forgot to mention, but the pic speaks for itself. Only 2 of the 3 have sprouted. Not sure if that 3rd one was that real small seed that sank into the water. Definitely not giving up on it yet though. I wasn't even going to give up on the others for a week, so, I'll just remain patient like I have been and see what happens. Tomorrow (Thursday) I'll get my soil and go ahead and bury those peat plugs in it.

9. You'll only need a single bulb for each plant for the first 2-3 weeks, Also, the seed that sank, that is a viable seed and is in all likelyhood the first one to sprout!!! Also, I don't know your living situation but anytime its bright out (thats partially cloudy to full sun) you can move them outside for some free light for your plants while there young and small!;)

10. I planted 3 and my third took longer, but its just as strong as the others :D good luck!

11. I find it interesting that I had 2 nice fat seeds, and 1 puny one, and now I have two fast growing plants and 1 slow one. These were taken 5 days from seed. The 2 big ones are 1.5 inches high. About half as high as a BIC lighter. I'll get my soil tonight or tomorrow morning. Exhaust fan should be here today. It's much needed! Getting toasty in there with only 100 watts of cfl burning.

Attached Files:

12. Well there are a couple of reasons for that to happen, one are they femminized seeds, I don't recall if you said? If there not femmed seeds you could be looking at 2 males as males grow faster:eek:, second their auto's and they aren't the most stable of strains known to ganja growers;), third their from nirvana and their track record on stability is suspect at times and yes one of them could be an inferior seeds, just like with ppl, some times there's a runt in the litter!:eek: You'll just have to give them all pleny of love and see what happens!:D

13. Yeah, they're feminized seeds. Temps have been high, but exhaust is now installed. Probably have to get soil tonight. The big ones may be poking through the netting now. Off to the races! Saturday will be week one from seed.

14. OK, they are now in 10 inch pots with 2:1 MG Organic and MG Perlite.

I originally had only 4 x 26w blue light on them, but after 24 hours I decided
    to add 4 X 26w red light, just to make it even light around the plants.

They are 1.5 to 2 inches high now.

Pics:
    1 - The 3 pots, with 1 set of lights pulled back.
    2 - The best looking one
    3 - Cropped image of best looking plant

I hope it keeps going well!

Attached Files:

15. Looking good.:) Remember do not water to frequently, autos have the ruderallis genes and if you overwater the bitches become lazy:mad: and will not grow a good root system and that means tiny plants with an even smaller yield!:eek: Also, you won't need to feed them for a couple of weeks. How close are you running the lights normally, your light should only be 2-3 inches from the top of the plant. You should be running a fan to keep them cool and to strenghten the stem. Once they begin flowering you will want to start LSTing them, so, if your not familiar with lst technique you can search on it, there are lots of stickies on the subject.;) If you have any questions on LSTing after you've read the stickies, just post a question in your journal and I will be happy to direct you in the right direction...:D

16. Funny you should mention over watering, because I just did it! :(

Yep, water came all the way through the soil to the trays underneath. I had to pour that water out and clean the trays and tent out. May be good that this happened early. Now I know how much water the pots can take, and it's not very much. Maybe 1 to 1.5 cups.

I had watered them when I transplanted on Saturday with about a cup a piece, then on Monday I tried adding another since the soil seemed rather dry. It was about 1/4 cup too much for each pot.

The lights are about 3 inches from the top. Also, my timer is set for 19 hours of light instead of 18. Oh well. Guess that's how much they're getting now. Really wanted that extra hour to cool the room down. May switch to 18 when they flower and I add 1/3 more light to the mix.

I'm going to let them dry out for a couple days and then I'll post some pics. Hope they don't die before then!

Please, Ganja Gods, help my plants grow!

17. No, thats not overwatering, by overwatering I'm talking about not letting the soil dry out, i.e. watering on saturday and then on monday and again on wedneseday, I think you get my point. What you did is the proper way to water, as you should have runoff!:D If your looking in on your babies a couple of times a day you can use the wilt procedure, that is don't water them till the leaves start drooping! Another thing you can do is if you have another pot the same size fill it with you soil mix without water, leave it, then when you check your plants to see if they need water, lift the dry pot then the plant and if they feel about the same then its time to water. After a couple of times doing it you will know when its time without the empty container. Hope this helps you.

Oh, you can change your timer now without harming them, infact its best now and not when they begin flowering. Also, you do know that most autos do best with a 20/4 light schedule!

As for cooling the room, you should be venting it, if you don't the plant will use up all the co2 and then they will stop growing!

18. OK, here are some pics.
    #1 is my runt. It sprouted a couple days later than the other two.
    #2 is the middle child. It's growing at a medium pace.
    #3 is off to the races! Not sure why this one is doing so much better.

The leaves are slightly curly and slightly yellowing on the tips. Not stressing too much about it yet. It's probably 90 in there, but nothing I can do about it. It's as vented as it can be.

Any thoughts? As always, thanks for all the help!

Attached Files:

19. Time to use some ghetto air conditioning. Get a couple of plastic milk jugs and fill them 3/4 full and freeze them, then place one infront of your fan, trading out once they are melted, this will cool it down! The plants are doing ok, just let them do their thing, when its time for ferts you will know because the false leaves(the little round ones) will turn yellow then its time to fert. I don't recall what type of ferts your going with, so what are they?

20. I just have some Miracle Grow Tomato fert. I am growing tomatoes too, so no big deal if I buy something else. I thought about a Fox Farm product from eBay. Temps are 90 in there, but no big deal, IMO. I have grown a few in the New Mexico deserts of 100+ degree summers. This with no humidity at all. Whereas now, I live in a bayou, so my humidity (even in the house) is much higher. If I didn't have nosy neighbors I could do very well outside.

I guess I'll leave the lights at 19 hours. You say 20, Nirvana says 18, and I'm accidentally on 19. Don't think it matters much, really.

I'll keep checking on them a few times a day. Keeping my fingers crossed!