I think im a future alcoholic

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by junkheadrev, Apr 16, 2012.

1. LMAO. Where, exactly? Go ahead and read the thread again. The only thing I've said is the exact opposite.

2. Keep drinking...

3. I stopped using alcohol and drugs, so Im giving OP advice on how to do so. Is that okay with you? Im doing my best to tell him how I did it. You have 0 recovery time, so until you do, it's kind of ridiculous for you to tell me how stupid my method is.

OP if you have any questions PM me and Id be glad to answer them.

4. I am also half Mexican and half Irish, and my dad was an alcoholic before I was born. I am now 3 and a half months sober. It is really hard to stop drinking, but this is the longest I have been sober in over 5 years. I was drinking real heavily escpecially since I was in the military. My last time I drank I started at 6:30AM with two bottles of vodka, I woke up in the hospital the next day. I was just like This is it, I am done I quit. I hope you can quit and I wish the best of luck to you pal. If you need someone to talk to I am here for you. PS: AA didn't work for me

5. #25 Meursault, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2012
    And you choose to spend all your time on a marijuana forum.........

More than okay. If you were literate, you'd see that I'm actually agreeing with the basic gist of your advice. OP should go to some AA meetings, and see if it's for him. There's a very good chance that it's not, and there's a very good chance that OP is actually self-medicating for a real underlying psychological issue. If I were irresponsible, I'd merely say "Yeah go ahead and go to a psychiatrist and get a xanax prescription for your anxiety bro," but I know better than that. One should not be addicted to anything, prescription or not, yet some people do have real medical conditions that need medicating. The best course of action for such people is a rotation of depressant-type drugs.

And here's where your argument turns into pure bullshit. Just because you have a problem controlling your drinking doesn't mean that everyone does. Not everyone needs "recovery time" because not everyone has a problem. Acting like you're somehow better than those who still drink and can manage to keep it under control themselves while leading happy, healthy, and productive lives is fucking laughable, to say the least.

0 tolerance for disrespect
    ~YODA

6. Sorry I misread it. I can admit when I'm wrong. But yeah you seem like you have a problem if substitution is your only method of coping with drinking too much.

"If you're addicted to one substance you're addicted to them all."

I don't regularly go to AA meetings but I go occasionally. It's good for bouncing ideas off from other people. I had a problem and I never felt I needed to regularly go to AA meetings but I can't say going to meetings in past times "hurt me".

I was just like you in the past...although I never had the egoism to proclaim that everyone there wasn't as smart as me...even if I ever felt that to be true. Peace.

7. Even though this is Pandora's, rules still apply - personal attacks and disrespect are not tolerated here, please heed this warning before infractions and/or bans are issued.

8. My bf would drink nearly 4 liters of liquor every week. he is fine. its not about how much you drink bro.

9. LMAO! Classic GC.....

10. The thread title has the word alcoholic in it. I gave OP advice on dealing with alcoholism. You suggested just using a variety of substances; I disagreed. Im done with the thread, and I hope you got some useful information OP.

11. And yet your post was not addressed to OP, but to me. So I responded. Funny how that works.

But yes, OP is dealing with real problems, so I'll let us get back on topic.

12. [quote name='"fox mccloud"']

I am also half Mexican and half Irish,
    [/quote]
    Holy shit Bro.
    There's not many of us.

13. Im an alcoholic. Most of my family is. I told myself i wouldn't become one but i just realized one day that it happened. AA meetings really do make a difference. PM me if you want any info about them. It's really worth it.

14. I self medicate with alcohol. I wish I had a medical card so instead of drinking to get rid of my anxiety, I can smoke some strawberry cough or anti anxiety strain. Dealers around here only have strong sativas

15. well there's your problem.

yeats said it well:

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."

16. [quote name='"peyotl"']just stop[/quote]

Hahahafuckingha
    Its funny because I asked people not to suggest that.

17. Substitute exercise or a hobby for drinking. Save up for your own place instead of buying alcohol and find out why you 'cant be sober'

You can be sober. you just dont want to be, Just like everyone else in this world

18. #38 As Above So Below, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2012
    I think I might be like you OP. I've been drunk the past 6 nights and I could definitely see myself becoming an HFA (High Functioning Alcoholic). Even though I have gotten drunk these past 6 days I have still managed to work 30 hours in 3 days (student here) and have done my homework. I have spent upwards of $40-45 in the past few days on booze alone. Not to mention the food and shit I buy which just makes it go up even more. I have partied throughout highschool and alcohol was just a social thing but I pretty much have 0 drinking buddies now, so I go solo too :(

I am the type of person where I get hooked fast but when I want to quit I just drop it for good. Did the same with cigarettes. Was a smoker for about 3 years and just one day decided to quit, and to this day (2 months later) I have yet to smoke. My friend even offers me tonss of cigs at work and I just say no, they just don't appeal to me anymore.

I started drinking a lot because I can't smoke bud anymore because I am going into the Army. Substitution is NOT the answer, unless it is with healthy, active things. Replacing drinking with others drugs simply doesn't work.

I have always been big into working out and when I drink I lose all motivation to lift weights.

EDIT: Also I can tell I am a different drinker than my friends because they go out and party and get hammered and are late for work. Me on the other hand, I get drunk enough to not be sober but not so drunk that I am passing out or lose my memory. I get just drunk enough to have a few good laughs and then I wake up early, ready for work/school. I think that's when you know it's bad. When you can function perfectly fine (and hide it from your parents) and still do decent in life. Kind of scary now that I have posted all this lol.
    Not a lot of advice, just my view since I think I am like you OP. I would suggest working out. It has done nothing but good for me.

19. #39 fox mccloud, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2012
    You know whats helped me stopped drinking? Working out and my passion for growing cannabis. Try to fill your day with "things". Almost every day I get cravings to drink, if you really want to do it it will be hard but well worth it.

20. [quote name='"fox mccloud"']
    You know whats helped me stopped drinking? Working out and my passion for growing cannabis. Try to fill your day with "things". Almost every day I get cravings to drink, if you really want to do it it will be hard but well worth it.[/quote]

If good weed was available anytime I wanted , I could stop drinking easily.
    But where I live I can only find shwagg and that's when I'm lucky.
    And growing in Texas isn't worth the risk plus I live in an apartment.

If I li ed in Cali with a card I would not be having this probl