Indoor gardening without bottled nutrients

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jerry111165, Apr 15, 2012.

1. I honestly never did it on purpose but when more than one popped up the stronger one chokes out the weaker one.
    those look healthy and have a bit of size so maybe no problem. 

2. I'm ready for these to be done, I acquired 30 atf and 20 afghan seeds from my bro in law last week

3. I have run multiple plants in one container lots of times and its worked well for me. I've got 1 30 gallon hard pot that I planted 7 in. Big cage in the middle, 6 plants around the outside and one in the middle. Stuck it in flower @ 2' average. I'm only a couple weeks in flowering on that one. Excited to see the results. :)

4. Yea all organic fox farm ocean forest with happy frog soil + 75% Spring Well Water and 25% RO well water is all i do besides superthrive and cloning gel to stimulate the roots.
    First Plant: 5 oz dry, 4.5 ft tall
    Half CFL, HALF Sunlight = Hardy Plants

5. You could do much better with a more powerful light set on a timer.

Ps - it took me a long time to figure out but Superthrive is pretty much a joke. I wouldn't waste my money on it and it's really not very good in an organic garden.

J

6. Superthrive(used it for years, years ago) is no good nor is cloning gel.  Nor is half day light and certianly not cfl's.  Just my opinion.  You did get a good yeild but nothing over average for me, although I dont usually grow 4.5 feet tall, but when I did I pulled 8oz's off one plant 7 off another and 5 off the third.  Had to get more jars.  I really just wanted to chime in as I thought superthrive and cloning gel seemd out of place in a organic forum.  Happy smoking either way.  Its your weed, do it your way is what I say.

7. Go germinate a seed and when the taproot is long enough rub it in cloning gel, you are lying or doing something wrong if it isn't remarkably more vigorous than without it. Superthrive helps plenty.. Why not use trace minerals if you have them? Superthrive is organic I'm quite sure.

8. #3090 waktoo, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2015

We do.  It's called "kelp meal"...

Not only does it come complete with the full range of trace elements, it is also packed with naturally occurring growth hormones like cytokinins, auxins, and gibberlins.  One stop shopping, no bottles needed...

9. Dipping them in nothing works pretty well also.  Most if not all rooting gel and cloning gel is just more bs and poisions.  the few I saw said it is against federal law to sell plants using it and says its for ornimental use only not for consumption.  I never used it and never need it.  Take a cutting and put it in a glass of water and watch roots grow in a few weeks.

10. Superthrive's main ingredient is 1-Napthylacetic Acid, commonly referred to as "NAA", and which is a synthetic plant hormone (auxin).

"In the United States, under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), products containing NAA require registration with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as pesticides."

I don't need or want this in my organic garden. Superthrives other claim to fame is high concentrations of vitamin B-1, which plants make naturally and is completely unnecessary to add any extra. IMO Superthrive is complete snake oil.

"Naphthylacetic acid (NAA) is also a commonly used auxin and often the active ingredient in commercial preparations. NAA tends to be toxic to seedling root development, as it inhibits primary root growth and enhances lateral root growth. This latter activity may account for NAA's success in regenerating roots of transplanted and root-pruned trees. Like IBA, NAA apparently suppresses crown growth, which also may redirect resources to the roots."

(http://www.organiclawndiy.com/2008/07/does-superthrive-work.html?m=1)

J

What he said, it really works.  Or use a cloning machine, declorinated water, aquarium heater with 24 hours of weak light.  7-14 days (strain dependent) and you have roots.  Sprinkle some VAM endo on the roots, put into a peat/worm casting mix, and yo baby, you're now the owner of plants!!  :yay:

12. #3095 SammiB, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2015
    Hello, this is my first post here and need help

So I have read and read and have mixed up a no till soil. I had great results for the first 2 weeks, until I started seeing some problems of possible potash and magnesium dificantcy.

My soil is cocoa base, mixed with horse manure composted with tons of worms (worms included in soil mix), pumice, and for amendments, bunny poo not soaked in urine, kelp meal, fish bone meal, azomite, benificial bacterias, mycho whatever it's called fungi (sorry name escapes me)

I also made an aerated tea of the above and worm poo to give it a boost of quick nutriants. The amendments I did add where light bc I was not going to have time to cook it.

I just don't know what to do.

Previously I used a soil amendments vs bottles but I did not reuse soils. Last summer I basically added a lil of this, a lil of that (bunny poo, composted chicken poo, bat poo high in phosphorus, wood ash PHed down with apple cider vinegar, Epsom salt. Had a beautiful plant, didn't have to do anything other than add water. I did the same thing again for my indoor and I had tons of deficiencies. I continued to use the same teas from as above. I'm not sure what's up. I'm getting the same issue it seams. PH is 6.5. I wonder if my soil is not warm enough.

13. #3096 SammiB, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2015
    jerry I see your in maine? Me too :)

14. Cold temps and overwatering look like all kinds of things.
    What are your high/low temps?
    Watering habits?

15. #3098 EmeraldCream, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2015

Never used Superthrive....it's not "organic" and totally not necessary to have big ass dank nugs. I'll clear an lb on a 600w full spectrum MH all day long with all but the lowest yielders,  That Meekong Haze from Delta9 comes to mind...nice smoke but deff a lightweight. 

Anyhow point is if you have a good soil mix/compost you don't need that nasty shit to clear killer yields and quality just as if not better than the folks blowing G's at the hydro shops regularly.

Rock dust/azomite too....I amended/composted when I first started this last set up and haven't needed to re-amend or supplement for the past 18mo or so. 

And the no bottles needed...shhh...you will give some hydro guys convulsions with that talk. 

^^ this....I use an e z clone macine and just stick cuttings in it. Water is out of my aquaponic system...run through a sponge filtered powerhead into a chiller keeping it 72F works great for pretty much all the plants I take cuttings from.  

16. #3099 EmeraldCream, Feb 17, 2015

Sorry to be a nazi about it but neither Ocean Forest nor Happy Frog is "organic".....just syain'

17. #3100 SammiB, Feb 17, 2015
    Room is about 68 lowest 70 highest, but I have no doubt the pots are lower. And I think they are not over or under watered.

I am thinking this has something to do with the tea I made..as I have used it on everything, plants not put in this new soil and on my clones at a much weaker dilution, it all started since.