Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I take Hard candy with weed on a plane?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by zegela, Apr 15, 2012.

1. #1 zegela, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2012
    Flying into Hungary from U.S. If I take 20-25 hard candies that don't smell like weed, will I get caught? (this is if I put them in my checked bag, not hang bag)

edit: and candies are small. About the size of your keyboard key

2. you might be able to get away with it but what you could do is get one of the big bags of jolly ranchers or someother hard candy like that and carefully open the bag (without tearing it) and then take some the jolly ranchers out and put in your candies, then take some superglue and glue the bag back together. but the only way this would work is if u make it look like the bag was never opened and if they even allow you to take candy onboard anymore. im not even sure i, havent been on a flight since pre 911

3. seems safer then taking buds, i dunno. 15-20 might be to many, a couple in your pockets maybe?

u should be able to score some hash there!

4. yea i agree that does seem like a bit much to take

5. I don't know if this is accurate, but I read that taking marijuana (even small amounts for personal use) across international borders can be considered drug trafficking which is much worse than misdemeanor possession. Personally I don't think it's worth the risk.

6. I think something like candy should be relatively easily. I haven't flown in awhile, and I know the rules are more strict. But there's thousands flying every day, and candy seems pretty inconspicuous. It doesn't look like weed. It looks like candy. It doesn't smell like weed, it smells like candy. I think you should be okay.

7. im not sure what your candy looks like but I would put them in a wrapper to a similar looking candy. If you really feel like doing some cool shit then have your "good candy" in a unopened looking bag, while munching on an opened bag of "bad candy". Of corse use the same bags so whoever is checking your bag just thinks you have a thing for this type of candy

8. I haven't been on an international flight in awhile so I'm not sure how strict they are now. But it should be relatively easy either way, u could just put them in old candy wrappers like other people have said. Personally I would see if u could carry it on, cuz i have never seen drug dogs in the security check or by a terminal ever, but they do send dogs around checked in bags. Good luck

9. The candy won't be conspicuous to any officials really but if they get dogs in there I wouldn't bet on it getting through. I'd play it safe if I was you. The most I'd ever do would be to have an edible just before the plane ride.

10. Put them in your bag and don't give it a second thought. You'll be fine and very glad you brought them when you get there.