Minty's Grow Tents (600w MH/HPS, Soil, Scrog)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MintyGreens, Apr 12, 2012.

1. #21 Grows&Smokes, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2012
    Im subbed my friend. I will be watching your updates...I like all of your lighting, nutrient and grow medium choices....good luck to you. (Im an older user/grower too) :D:

2. Thanks for joining in on the fun! I hope I can get some quality results to share with the GC community!

3. Looks good man, I have a similiar setup but run 400 instead of 600's. Im curious about the GWS, I have 5 seads on the way but have never tried GWS before. Any problems or things I should know about ahead of time? Plants look great dude, cant wait for the bud pictures!

4. Thanks for stoppikg by! I only have one of the GWS going right now and unfortunately its my weakest plant thus far (I had high hopes). I think it's mostly my fault because I allowed it to get some slight light burn but that's taken care of and she is on her way to making a full recovery :)

I gave the 5 bigger girls their first real feeding today and it consisted of the 3 part cutting edge system, CaliMagic, and superthrive. They all seem to be loving it and show no signs of stress from the nutrients. I also topped the tallest plant just to slow it down a bit and also so I could play with the plant.

My next batch of seeds also arrived today and I think the highlights are dinafem diesel, power Kush, critical plus and then Barney's farm pineapple chunk. I also picked up a few clones from a friend of mine. Now have critical mass, ultimate, and a couple other clones that werent labeled. I have a ton of options at this point do I plan on exploring all the strains and selecting the strongest for mothers a d go from there.

Thanks again for tuning in!

5. Girls really like their first feeding and are really starting to take off. Gave them another feeding tonight with 3/4 strength Cutting Edge 3 part system, CaliMagic, and Superthrive.

Considering flipping them to 12/12 come mid week and at that point I will be transplanting the seedlin into 1 gallon pots and putting them back into the veg tent with the 125w CFL.

Attached Files:

• 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      473.1 KB
      Views:
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      558.7 KB
      Views:
    • 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      427.9 KB
      Views:
    • 013.jpg
      013.jpg
      File size:
      500.1 KB
      Views:
    • 015.jpg
      015.jpg
      File size:
      535.4 KB
      Views:
    • 017.jpg
      017.jpg
      File size:
      416.9 KB
      Views:
    • 018.jpg
      018.jpg
      File size:
      404.1 KB
      Views:
    • 019.jpg
      019.jpg
      File size:
      402.6 KB
      Views:
  6. I forgot to mention that the two pictures of the seedlings with spots/burn was due to water droplets on leaves and having my CFL too close. The problem hasn't progressed any further and they have been recovering well under the MH. Unfortunately, one of the burnt girls is the GWS and I only planted this single seed....good thing I have many other flavors to choose from! :)

You can also see a nice little critical mass clone that I got from a friend of mine (blue cup in front). I also got some other smaller clones he had that aren't very strong but I took them on as a project. I'm more interested in starting my own seeds and identifying my strongest phenos and making them mothers. I'm very anxious to grow the diesel, power Kush, and pineapple chunk....the last one just sounds too tasty!

7. Decided to move the smaller girls to the veg tent and turn the larger tent into the flower room it was intended to be. Plants are all looking very strong and healthy with no stressors that I can see. Only one of these plants was topped and thats the one in the back left corner. It kept wanting to stretch early in veg so I topped it but I didnt want to manipulate this first round of plants too much so I left the other alone.

Attached Files:

• 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      365.2 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      576.1 KB
      Views:
    • 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      510 KB
      Views:
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      504.3 KB
      Views:
    • 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      623.6 KB
      Views:
    • 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      580.9 KB
      Views:
    • 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      605.6 KB
      Views:
  8. Here are the smaller girls in the veg tent. Ive topped the blue hash plant twice so far because I plan on making it as bushy as possible and also taking some clones so I can establish a mother. Ive topped two of the exodus cheese plants but I left the shortest exodus cheese alone to grow out naturally just so I can see how it performs. The GWS is recovering very nicely from when I burned it with the light...woops! The critical mass clone is in the front row left side and its really taking off. I also have the 4 smaller clones in the front...they are ultimate, critical mass, and two mystery strains.

Attached Files:

9. They were all a little droopy for the photo session but thats because they needed watered. I am flipping the larger tent to 12/12 tonight so let the flowering begin!

10. They look great minty...cant wait to see flowers begin!

11. Thanks for stopping by and looking at my ladies ;)

12. The mystery girls are going into day 2 of 12/12 and they seem to be very happy so far. They are still under the MH bulb in an effort to keep stretching to a minimum but ill be switching to an HPS bulb in about a week. They will be getting fed tomorrow with a full strength dose of the cutting edge 3 part system, CaliMagic, superthrive and molasses.

So far with this grow I've rotated between giving them the above nutrient mix and an organic tea that I've been brewing up. My feeding goes something like this....synthetic nutrient....wait two days.....organic tea.......wait two days.....aerated tap water.....repeat. I have to say that so far this has been an extremely effective feeding schedule and I have had great rate of growth, zero deficiencies, uniform growth with tight internodes and lots of branching granted genetics plays a large role here. Ive also misted them almost daily with a very light nutrient mix and I also use bottled drinking water for this. However, I will stop doing this once buds start to form.

The veg tent is looking really good and everything is starting to fill in. I plan on moving 3-4 of those girls into the flower tent in about 7-10 days. I'll likely keep pruning the blue hash and the strongest of the exodus cheese in an effort to create large bushes to steal clones from before growing them out.

13. Awhh, no pics :(

14. I had to go get pictures...cant keep the fans waiting!

Its day 2 of 12/12 and the girls are looking very happy. They got fed both an organic tea tonight and then a seperate feeding with the cutting edge, calimagic and superthrive but now Im giving them the flowering ratios. Im very interested to see how they react to both the strongest feeding they've received thus far as well as their first bloom feeding. Keep your fingers crossed....

I plan to do a little bottom trimming in a few days just to rid them of unecessary growth and to force all energy towards the budsites.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      533.6 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      488.8 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      420.5 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      348.5 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      378.8 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      456 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      237.1 KB
      Views:
    • 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      227.4 KB
      Views:
  15. #35 Grows&Smokes, May 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2012
    Wow! Thats what I call service! Hahaha...they are looking good minty...are the bigger plants mystery seeds? They have what looks to be pretty indica dominant big fat fan leaves!

16. They were seeds from a hermie plant that was grown by a friend of mine. He had a couple plants go hermie a few months back and had saved the seeds. I wanted to put together another tent so I got some seeds from him just to get going but since then Ive gotten two orders from attitude plus that same friend was able to give me some clones which are the ones you see in the veg tent.

I've got a ton of options as far as strains but I'd really like to find 2-3 that I really enjoy plus have the characteristics I'm looking for in a plant and make those my mothers for awhile. I'm really anxious to pop the dinafem diesel and powerkush seeds that I got in my last order. I'm already planning on keeping the blue hash as a mother. The exodus cheese is very unlike any plant I've ever grown. Two of the three I'm growing are much more sativa dominate while the other seems to much more indica. Since I'm growing in a tent and plan on having a high plant density, I don't see the exodus cheese as a long term strain. The great white shark is really taking off these last few days but it may be a little too stretchy for my liking. I have one critical mass clone that is the same size as my other plants in veg and I may end up using it as a mother if it flowers well.

17. And my friend didn't label what plant the hermie seeds came from but he thought he gave me seeds from a critical mass plant. I just hope they are all females but who knows what I'll get from them. They all look so healthy right now and I'll be really angry if they turn male or hermie but what can you do

18. I dont do the clone thing because I intend to grow a different strain every grow...variety is the spice of life and it seems there are new strains coming out monthly these days. If I were growing for profit or needed a constant flow of buds, that would be different...but I only grow for personal use.

19. I also enjoy having a variety and always having something new to try which is what I have right now. I've got at least 7 different strains and multiple phenos among those so I have variety. What I want is 2-3 strains that I really like and have those readily available and I'll rotate a new strain or two in every cycle and if I really like it I can always keep it alive. That's the beauty of cloning and having separate veg & flower rooms. Once I don't want a strain around I can just flower the mother plant and move on. I've got around 20 different strains yet to grow so I'll be busy for awhile plus I can always steal whatever flavors my buddy has going too.

20. Sounds like a good game plan :)