The End of the Tunnel

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Jörmungandr, Apr 10, 2012.

1. If you don't include PUPPY shots....I think I'll be pissed...NO, I KNOW I'll be pissed....I want to see him grow up, Chupa!!

~JB~

2. [​IMG]
    At six in the morning, in my next indoor grow
    the world comes to life with a fluorescent glow

[​IMG]
    then promptly at seven, and for two hours longer
    the spirals kick in and the daylight grows stronger

[​IMG]
    and starting at nine and running till three
    they get the full power of my sweet HID

Attached Files:

3. Wow, that middle bucket looks "heavy" with Love!!  And the rest look wonderful, Chupa!  Congrats on finally figuring out the gardens & their needs....I'm very PROUD!  :metal:

~Julie-Beth~

4. Lol, I haven't figured out shit;  still same inattention to individual needs and clueless stumbling towards the finish line.  The girl in the middle had the benefit of topping, training, and transplant to 5 gal that the shorties didn't receive and as a result will offer up as much as any two for roughly the same time invested.   

5. You may even get more then double from that middle one, it is a nice one

Sent from....

6. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424530754.231775.jpg

My beauties in action, gonna flip next week I think, I still wanna get a few foliars of neem in first, been working 12 hr days 6 days a week just don't have the time they need

Sent from....

7. The results of your efforts can't be denied;  certainly what I hope to achieve from the streamlining of my routines.  With the pace I have in mind and the progress from the Vegetarium so far, I anticipate that my youngsters will be around ten to twelve inches when they get flipped.  While still smaller than many would give their lead, with the flowering window going for three months they'll have the opportunity to experience a bit more maturity than I've allowed to date.  

8. Owing to insights offered about my Rube Goldberg Project, I've managed to arrive at a further compromise that answers my desire to reduce power consumption while still offering the change in spectra and re-use of cast off equipment that my obsessive compulsive nature cries out for without the dusk to dawn lighting cycles.  Still going with two schemes that will rotate each month but all lights will run the entire period (11 hours instead of 12);  this nets a reduction of 18% from current patterns.  MH @4200k will be complimented by 202 watts of @2700k and HPS will pair with 197 of @6500k so that there is a mix of both spectra throughout each month but the HID being stronger should have the most influence throughout.  Thanks to Brass and SG1 for the patience to steer me off of the sidewalk and back on the road.

9. While tightening up cords and re-positioning the oscillating fan as I readied things for the new system, the Symmetriccubus granted her approval for two schemes with matching wattage that will offer me the chance to utilize both the MH and the HPS;  hopefully extending the life of each and offering more complexity to the bouquet of my finished product.  All these machinations  don't account for the shelves (as CFLs don't have the penetration to offer any benefit from that far away) and so twin designs (one 55 @2700k + two 23 @6500k each) were also established should there ever be any need to call this space to service.  With the tendency to repeat myself ad nauseam, I'm letting go of this thread as well;  trusting in friendships established to carry the conversation over to the new journal.

Humor me....Damn Proud, I am, I am....LOL  You did something different...& it was RIGHT!  Along with a strong Unknown Pheno....

Both excellent teachers.....

HUH?????????????  You can't do that, Chupa....this is "Poor Lighting".... :)

~JB~    What new journal???  Damn, now I have to go searching for this "new" thing..... :rolleyes:

11. What's the new journal called

#flowerpower

12. Welcome, one and all to the next phase of my journey

13. 20 cfls

Attached Files:

14. Proof yet again, that innovation can bring the best out of less than ideal conditions.  How old are these?

15. #1456 beanpopper666, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2015
    2 months for the big clone in the middle. Couple weeks less for the others

16. CFLs work great if you can get a reflector behind them like he did

#flowerpower

17. I made them reflectors from centers of florescent fixtures. The cover for the ballast.they have factory holes along the sides so i just bent and bolted them together

18. Efforts here are coming along nicely;  one week in on short hours, so pistils should appear any day now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. What is the plastic bags for that are lining some of your pots?

#flowerpower