The End of the Tunnel

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Jörmungandr, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Walk in closet 4 x 4.5 ft; door remains open to an unused room with ambient temp in the house between 70 - 77.   Twin window fan suspended behind the HID blowing across the canopy assisted by a vortex 8 inch hung near the doorway to draw air in and two oscillating fans sweeping the room from shelves along the wall at about three feet.  The entire flowering environment is currently under 800 watts with a combination of HPS-LED-CFL and a trio of T-8 fluorescent 24 inch tubes for the undergrowth.  The corner I've painted myself into is beginning a perpetual without sufficient reserves to allow my product to cure for an extended period before it's needed. 

2. No rest for the weary in the land of rise and shine
    electric dawn falls early on my stand of emerald pine

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Oh WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!  I go away for a few days & look who shows up???!!!  SG too????   LMFAO!!  Who let you in..... :bongin:  :laughing:

~Sun~  

4. Quite striking difference;  both sides seem to have a runt, though.

DSC02218.JPG DSC02224.JPG

DSC02219.JPG DSC02223.JPG

DSC02220.JPG DSC02225.JPG

DSC02221.JPG DSC02226.JPG

5. I like runts....they are always full of surprises....

~JB~

6. [​IMG]

!2 out of 20 up so far.

Attached Files:

7. Only a month in and called into service.

DSC02263.JPG DSC02264.JPG

8. Your light has to be serviced?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. The contest ended early due to Ladyboy Fever;  those from the 6500k side were "called to service" earlier than intended and ride upon the shelves in the Big Room to replenish my thinned herd.  Those four, combined with their seven classmates, will be budding full steam by New Year's Day but probably remain in 2 gal for their short lives (unless some display a heavy Sativa influence).   My flaw in the experiment was not providing the higher spectrum for both starter sets to keep node spacing under control;  after these head downstairs, I'll switch out the bulbs and redo the whole thing. 
    I've a suspicion the curtains in this bedroom aren't  thick enough and the little green balls have been so prevalent because of light leaks.  Hopefully now that I've addressed it things will improve.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. If you suspect sativa will you still transplant even tho you already started to flower? If so have you found it hurts the plants or do you see no difference then if did not transplant during flower?

11. Those under my charge suffer rougher treatment than they might in the great outdoors;  that which doesn't kill them, makes them stronger.  The pattern I've established is to go from solos for sprouting to six inch planters for a few weeks then up to the 2 gal until sex is determined  before the upgrade to 5 gal for the duration.  The last transplant is done within the first couple of weeks of flowering and they haven't shown much stall.  I think my abundance of Ladyboys is due to Sunlight bleeding through the curtains during the night hours but I'm slowly adjusting the cycle so that this won't be an issue in the future. 

12. Are you trying to tell ALL, that you are extremely hard on your plants???   Naw......LOL

~Sundance~

13. My crude attempt to minimize reflective loss by mounting white poster board to round out the corners is surprisingly paralleled by everyone's hero  in his new 'Thrown Room" (hehe).  While I'll never advance far beyond my simplistic approach, it's heartening to see that I'm at least in tune with the greater minds.  By cannibalizing the ideas of more talented and intuitive growers, I've managed to organize my efforts to utilize the decidedly more meager horsepower of my system as best I can.  I've lately come to the conclusion that my abundance of Ladyboys is due to light leaks (window in that bedroom wasn't adequately shielded) so I'm slowly adjusting the cycle to bring things online during the daytime.  I had earlier established things conversely to accommodate for the excessive heat generated by the CFL galaxy I earlier employed;  lights out during the daytime to keep it manageable.  I've got enough airflow now to handle things with two oscillating fans sweeping the room, the twin window unit to exhaust, and an eight inch vortex on the floor blowing directly at the HID. 

14. Holy Shit Chupa, I do believe you have it figured out!  LOL   Yep, light leaks are a bitch....at least indoors....now, if they were sooooooooooo important tho, wouldn't Woody be having a problem in the City???  It's NEVER truly dark  unless you are in the middle of nowhere (like me).....so, makes sense, but doesn't....unless the outdoor plants are producing a different level of Hormones???  Intersesting to think about....

~JB~   Did my new profile suit your eyes, My Friend???  Hope so.......

15. 100% female for the shorties;  this will offer enough to begin properly curing, rather than immediately consuming my treasures.  Currently, I've got a staggered harvest available from the big girls that should provide enough cabbage to keep me happy until these come of age at the end of Feb.  The anomaly is still too small to offer enough "extra' vegetation for my first attempt at cloning but should be ready by the end of the year.  The next planned wave is to include the remaining Golden Tiger as well as a handful directly from the "Offender";  the latest and sweetest ladyboy yet. 

16. Predictably I neglected to label the fresh batch, so the GT are now just a part of my nameless herd. 

[​IMG]

This round is working with the most meager means - three 8 watt LEDs @2700k on the top shelf in the little room above the batch of shorties that are flowering under the 90 watt UFO.

[​IMG]

This keeps my options open for upgrading these others to 5 gal to fill the Big Room.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

17. They should be content in these eight inch planters until the end of the month when they either go into the mini sips or 5 gal.  Node spacing is indeed tighter with the 12/12 approach using the 6500k;  provided things move along well with this method, I may have cut out the middle man so to speak and eliminated the need for a veg phase (at least with my approach and questionable source material). 

ABCD0012.JPG ABCD0011.JPG

18. So did you start them on 6500k 12/12? Or when you switched to 12/12 u ran 6500k in the beginning

19. A little over a month ago, I did a comparison between 18/6 @6500k vs 12/12 @2700k and the node spacing for the high end was much more to my liking so this batch got 12/12 @6500k  from the start and should display sex within the next three weeks (from previous experience with  12/12 from seed).   It's no secret I've had a real struggle over the past year but seem to have found my groove and if this system works well it will have reduced my power consumption considerably;  all three stations running short hours with 90 watts in the little room vs 276. 

20. [​IMG]

With as little to lose as there is to gain, I'm using twin mirrors to act as reflectors for the LED while the anomaly lives out it's uncertain future out in isolation in the little room.  .

Attached Files: