About to put weed in freezer

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Foo20, Apr 8, 2012.

1. #1 Foo20, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2012
    Hey guys, before you call me retarded I just bought a half O of some okay mids for $50. It looks like it was vacum-sealed so Idc that much about it. I took .4 grams of it and put it in my friends empty spice jar and now Im about to freeze it. I want to see if it turns purple, I'll post what happens lol.

Edit:I took it out and it looked denser and smelled pretty good. Idk if it really was but it didnt turn it purple or give any reason for freezing to be worth it. Now I know!

2. [quote name='"Foo20"']Hey guys, before you call me retarded I just bought a half O of some okay mids for $50. It looks like it was vacum-sealed so Idc that much about it. I took .4 grams of it and put it in my friends empty spice jar and now Im about to freeze it. I want to see if it turns purple, I'll post what happens lol.[/quote]

Woah.. u in cali? I just got a half oz for 50 that was vaccum sealed..

3. #3 DriftingApart, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2012
    It will not turn purple, I guarantee it. Purple is a pigment (anthocyanin) produced by a cannabis plant which can be (somewhat) created by lowering grow room temperatures or exists naturally in the plant's genetics as a phenotype. Once the flowers are off the plant, there isn't anything you can do about the colour.

All it will do is make the cannabis less potent, because the trichromes will be increasingly brittle and it will be easier for them to fall off. This would only be beneficial if you using them to make an edible, tincture, or kief.

4. purple coloring from cooler temps has to be done during growing, and it stresses the plant usually so you wont get its full thc potential.

5. ^sorry didn't see you post already; what that guy said lol^^

6. Its ok, I like keif guys:yummy:

7. Naw haha. Florida, 941.