the mysteries of god

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by shrivel, Apr 8, 2012.

1. can you show me the proof that science is the best belief system/way of knowing the world? atomic bombs don't count.

religious people don't study the bible or sacred texts for years?

is there "alternative" science you can learn or is it orthodoxy? maybe if you can't or don't want to see the parallels you're a hypocrite. don't know...

2. Science is not a belief so no i cannot show you that its the best one.

No most religious people dont even read the bible. Thats what this thread ( the one you started ) is about.

Yes there are hundreds of alternative sciences.

From physics and chemistry to biotech and biomed.

All of these things improve you're life and my life daily and you put it down over your piece of shit holy book that has never done anything for the world.

God. Is. Not. Real.

And im a hypocrite? HA! Shrivel you will be banned very soon for spam so it doesnt even matter to me. I bet this is a second or third account.

3. what are you talking about? now you're saying i'll be banned because i "spam" because i don't agree with you...

lol i must be seriosuly delusional.
    i personally have no holy book... enough ad hominems. bring out the real meat but don't hide behind textbooks.

4. Its not because you disagree with me, I could honestly care less. When i said spam i was reffering to you posting 5 or 6 threads within the first 6 hours of you being here. All of them, Almost completely worthless, and most of them have been started before you should have used the search function.

I dont really care to continue in this thread though so with that said.

You sir have a great day. Smoke lots of bud and live life in peace! :smoke:

5. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaflAj-WNUc]An Answer to Existential Questions - YouTube[/ame]

6. and you wonder... its like, does anyone think anymore?  everyones just reciting the same old shit.

7. It's funny, the people who consistently know the bible in great detail are the ones who don't believe.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. There is nothing negative or wrong that any religion teaches, its the followers who do wrong and blame the religion. Im serious, search any religion you think is bad (e.g. Islam) and you will find that the religion isnt wrong at all, its the followers who apply their cultural/personal beliefs to their religion. There may be scientific mistakes in some religions but dont teach anything morally wrong.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Wrong. The teachings within the religions are harmful, demonstrably. Take christianity for example. The bible is an appalling guide to morality, it teaches that humans can be owned as property, women are lesser to men, homosexuality is condemned, humans can be sacrificed, daughters can be sold as slaves, it advocates thought crime.... Anti-Semitic preachment... This book needs to be outlawed. 

10. What method of understanding is better than the scientific method? Reading from a book and accepting it as fact?

11. I didn't think of that.

12. Yeah, the bible is horrible.. Just imagine, for a second, how good a book would be if it were actually written by the creator of everything. It would be an incredible read. Not like the book given, which contains nothing that couldn't be written by bronze age men.

13. What about the Quran, do you also disagree with that? Just want your opinion.

14. Well I think they are equally untrue.. I think the quran is plagiarized from other texts. I think it also contains obscene and false and unwise preachments as well.

15. What will happen if they miss 1 time and only pray 4 times? Or perhaps miss an entire day? Will Allah send then to hell? Or is this 5 times a day praying thing voluntary?

16. I think the devotion to allah, is testament to the controlling aspects and harm that is the result of a 'celestial north Korea.'

17.   029-Oh-my-dad.jpg

But seriously, you should read Dawkins, Hitchens, and Harris.

18. Love is 'God'-if you have to call it such a diminutive word...and cannot be expressed or contained in a book-nor in language...anything that tries to do so cheapens it.

As Atman said...Religion can help lead toward the light for some..and there are many millions of people that are loving and decent that believe in religious doctrines....just as there are many that are pure pond scum in the name of their God...Balance always.

It's Man that does the evil shit in the world...not what Jesus' message was teaching...or Islam...or Buddhism...or Sufism...etc..

19. Now if you start talking about god as being synonymous with love, or nature, or pure anything. You won't be talking about the same god as the religious believe in. You can make up anything and put and god under a category.

I'm in favour of the age of reason and future of no religion.

20. That's great...It may be that one day humans will realize they can live without dogmatic views...but by the looks of the world now-that is quite a distance away...If we can make it past the point of blowing up the human race and every other living thing on the planet...we may get to where reason and love will make the best message.

Love happens to be a category I believe in :smoke: