What does it actually mean to get high?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by ddd3, Apr 8, 2012.

1. What is your definition of getting high?

I know that it affects everybody differently so I'd like to hear your thoughts on it. What does it actually mean to you?

2. For me it means to be free-minded, to see things as they are meant to be seen. It gives me an incredible ability to think and feel naturally and fully, without overlooking anything and enjoying every minute of it.

Theres more to it than that, but it's more than just "feeling good". I also wouldn't consider it the same as using a drug to "escape your mind/reality" because for me it doesnt help me escape my problems, it just shows them in a different light.. whether that freaks me out or helps me is the question. Weed is truth

3. Being high to me is like taking a look inside of myself. It brings all of my inner thoughts and fears to the front of my brain. I start to notice small details in things, and I see peoples actions and reactions a lot clearer. I get certain vibes when I'm around certain people, and based off of their actions(facial expressions, body language, etc..) my mind translates what I see into thoughts that I can't control. Like "spider sense" or something ha ha. The more I know about myself, the more I start to trust myself and my instincts. It's like the only time I'm the 'real me' is when I'm high. Nowhere to run or hide from my thoughts and actual beliefs. It's great for self reflection. High awareness I guess.

The munchies are great too :yummy:

4. Increased awareness.

5. Gotta love that spiritual enlightenment that marijuana gives you!

6. If you want an objective view of being high then I'd suggest you check out Erowid Cannabis (Marijuana) Vault

But if you want my definition of being high it would be ... First I get a feeling of euphoria as the chemicals rush throughout my brain; colours brighten, music becomes deeper and I find meaning trivial things. And I start speaking at a mile a minute, which is a contrast to my usual reserved demeanour and also most of what I say borders on senseless rambling. Being high is mostly indescribable as it is a subjective experience and also because no one canexplain the sensations when they are high as they are not in the most coherent of mindsets at that moment.

7. It's like . . . when you smoke weed you get high.

8. Thanks didn't know that.

9. A lot of people enter the 'mile a minute' category of senseless rambling when they smoke. The trick is to focus your energy in a way that allows the truth of yourself to emerge, not the nonsense. The entheogenic use of cannabis helps with this, as does a proper meditation practice too. Try focussing on your breathing rather than at the centre of your forehead. This helps to keep you present and here, and if you can learn to still the mind rather than always indulging it, you'll experience a deeper phase of the experience we call high.

10. [quote name='"esseff"']

A lot of people enter the 'mile a minute' category of senseless rambling when they smoke. The trick is to focus your energy in a way that allows the truth of yourself to emerge, not the nonsense. The entheogenic use of cannabis helps with this, as does a proper meditation practice too. Try focussing on your breathing rather than at the centre of your forehead. This helps to keep you present and here, and if you can learn to still the mind rather than always indulging it, you'll experience a deeper phase of the experience we call high.[/quote]

So true, ever since I learned to clear my mind while high I started to feel like I was in a deeper state of being while high. Lol its kind of hard to put in words.

for me being high is to feel inner peace and bliss.

11. time slows and awareness rises

12. Eh, a lot of people over exaggerate it I think. Weed isn't that all saving spiritual guru plant I dont think. Does it make it EASIER to make these life steps? Yes. Do you need it? No.

To me getting high is increased awareness. Focused perception sometimes, others it's the opposite. It slows down time, allows you to think. It alleviates stress.

13. I'm high when I catch myself staring into the distance, deep in thought about some obscure aspect of the universe. And also when I forget what I was thinking about.

14. Strips away the layers. Allows me to see truth. Relieves stress. Makes me happy and goofy. Increases my appetite. Makes me in the moment. Makes me enjoy.. everything.

But I must say too herb is now mild to me. I've been growing for a couple years now and having basically unlimited smoke stash, tolerance grew too high lol. I never get that whacked out gone feeling, or really even any crazy body rushes anymore, but it's still perfect, I love ganj, only drug I do anymore, hardly drink.

Takes the edge of everything and allows me to go about my day with a grin on my face as I find everything interesting and amusing.

15. The problem with having an unlimited stash, is it becomes too easy to use too much too often. As cannabis is not meant to be over used, too much leaves its ability to affect you greatly diminished. People often take a T-break in order to give themselves a rest from having too much of a good thing.

:smoke:

The way I see things: go towards it, rather than bring it towards you. In other words, use less as you become an experienced user, not more. By working with a small amount, and IMHO, most people take far too much in any given moment, you not only sensitise yourself to using it without becoming tolerant to its effects, but you increase your own natural vibration/frequency more in keeping with doing it by yourself. Remember, the traditional spiritual practices don't employ any helper plants in the way we use them, or if they do, they're only used sparingly and infrequently.

16. It means having an awesomely altered perspective...and being relaxed and at peace...doing a dab will instantly achieve this effect :D

17. For me time slows down.. I actually feel various parts of my brain working, I feel my occipital lobe get warmer as my vision expands, my temporal lobe goes dormant as I forget, my frontal lobe slows down and speeds up as I'm consciously aware of whats happening to me and in turn builds emotions that I don't experience while sober such as a peaceful feeling or a rush of energy that puts a smile on my face every time!!... sigh

Weed makes your mind stronger as it affects it and works it in various ways, like you would a bicep with a dumbbell, yet it's so hard to understand it or explain it or describe it in words... which is the reason most of you don't even realize what is REALLY happening!! Weed is not the truth, it's the answer.

Did that make sense? I'm blasted.

18. #18 SmileywhenHIGH, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2013
    I like to think of it as to freeing your mind and let it both wander and wonder

19. Lemme show you ,Hit this blunt ....

20. #20 neothegod, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015
    I didn't smoke so much..

I was buying some weed for New Year's Eve of 2014/2015..
    I was smoking much more than before.

I've always been afraid of smoking..
    When I'm smoking, I have weird feelings in my body, which I was trying to stop.

I had an idea to let it flow.. That felt much better.. And while those feelings were flowing I was sensing small things.. I was thinking a lot..
    I guess I know how the universe works..
    I was smoking the same amount the next 2 days at night.., because the first time wasn't enough to remember everything..
    I still can't remember everything but I tried to concentrate on memorizing things..
    I realized a bunch of things..
    And I combined them with things that I already know..
    And made some research on the internet..
    And I found that what I was thinking on while I was high was actually real.
    I guess that I know more of quantum physics than anyone on the earth right now..
    And as I see what we see, feel, think that is real is actually an illusion.
    The first time this happened to me wasn't enough.. but after smoking joe for 3 days, I think something of being "high" actually is staying in my mind..
    My IQ before this was around 180.
    Now it's raising(actually because I am thinking a lot...)
    And it's near to 250.
    I found out that the theory of relativility of Einstein is not simple physics.. but accidentally the theory itself fits into normal physics's base but not perfectly..
    It's actually a quantum physics theory.
    I could tell you why, but the text has become too long already.

Sorry for telling you info that is not needed.. I'm just motivated to think... So ye..
    Sorry for my english grammar too.. I'm speaking the english language decently but some contexts are new for me..

Important and the reason why I was telling you all this:
    Did this happen to any of you?
    I have to know it.
    aaand.. how does or did it affect your life?