Best vape for use with a bong

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by codytownshend, Apr 6, 2012.

1. I have a purple days which has become my primary method of getting high since my bong broke a couple months back. I have come to prefer vaping now that I have the choice between joints, my bowl, or my vape. The efficiency is something I can't give up; I don't have enough money to be smoking bowls when I'm by myself. But after several weeks of mostly just using my vape, I noticed my lungs feeling noticeably better. I used to take bong rips during the day and my vape when my parents are home, along with bowls with my friend (he insists on using his bowl, always) and the occasional hookah pack or cigarette.

Where was I? anyways, I would like to scratch my itch for a bong rip but not give up the health/efficiency benefits of using a vaporizer. I'm looking for something that I can dial to a pretty high temperature so I can get a very thick vapor- something that could milk a small bong, say. Definitely a small one though.

My first impressions make me want a Silver Surfer, but what else should I look at?

2. [quote name='"codytownshend"']I have a purple days which has become my primary method of getting high since my bong broke a couple months back. I have come to prefer vaping now that I have the choice between joints, my bowl, or my vape. The efficiency is something I can't give up; I don't have enough money to be smoking bowls when I'm by myself. But after several weeks of mostly just using my vape, I noticed my lungs feeling noticeably better. I used to take bong rips during the day and my vape when my parents are home, along with bowls with my friend (he insists on using his bowl, always) and the occasional hookah pack or cigarette.

Where was I? anyways, I would like to scratch my itch for a bong rip but not give up the health/efficiency benefits of using a vaporizer. I'm looking for something that I can dial to a pretty high temperature so I can get a very thick vapor- something that could milk a small bong, say. Definitely a small one though.

My first impressions make me want a Silver Surfer, but what else should I look at?[/quote]

ForumRunner_20120406_083028.png
    I'll post up a milk shot in a bit, need to get out of class for a few bong rips. The ssv is amazing with a bong, very milky and think rips

3. If you're relatively new to vaping, make sure your herb is only a light brown. The SSV or DBV (cheaper and basically the same thing) will give you 'milky hits', but at the drawback of partially burning your herb. The higher you dial up the more health benefits of vaping you lose—and you don't get any more actives if you can control your temperature well.

Otherwise, I'd recommend Da Buddha.

4. #4 amdnivram, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2012
    brown or even close to black is just fine for any vaporizer. Combustion will only occur if you dont control your breathing technique. I use a range of temperature settings per bowl and find that combustion rarely occurs if you know what your doing. Light brown is usually the objective if you want to use your abv for edibles or any other use. Darker brown if you dont bother, I do either depending on the day.

5. VRIP HEAT WAND its meant for bongs

6. The best vape to use with a bong is by far the VapeXhale Cloud. Good luck getting one though. Just sold mine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Your best bet is is Da Buddha/Silver Surfer or the Life Saber Vape. All made by 7th Floor. The VapeExhale is fragile and is known to easily break (at this time) and isn't really (for the most part) available yet.

8. I owned an SSV before getting the Cloud and in my opinion I'd take the Cloud any day of the week over the Surfer. Haven't seen any posts about broken units though. 99% of the reviews I've read so far have been overly positive.

9. Da Buddha has a mouthpiece that has a stem for working with most bongs. The mouthpiece that came with mine doesn't have a stem, but it fits with my bubbler and works really well.

There are videos if you google.

10. I own an ssv and it milks my bongs easily with nice thick vapor.

But if you wanted to avoid the ssv tubing, lsv is a great option. Vriptech heat wand is also a great tool for bong milking. The cloud is one of the best though, but quite the pricetag.

11. Sorry but im pretty sure The Underdog dawgs everything in this thread as far as competition

12. [quote name='"nawky"']Sorry but im pretty sure The Underdog dawgs everything in this thread as far as competition[/quote]

Its a good log vape, but best for vaporbonging? Things like lsv and vriptech blow it out of the water. An underdog is more expensive as well.

13. I get thick white milky ripps with my surfer I finde it bomb for bongs. I think stone monkey is fonding out with an updated vapexhale. The v rip is verry fragel at least when my buddys had there they when threw 3 of them each. The element seemed to go out or the circuit board would mess up. I'm shure they fixed them now thoe.

14. *i've never used one* but from what i can tell the vapexhale cloud is the best option to use w/ a bong. it's actually designed for that and comes with a glass piece. you can put into any glass and from the videos you get substantial milk

15. i havnt tried that specific log vape but im pretty convinced from 3 people i talk to who sold their 7th floor product for 1,... or just bought the UD and use it more

16. [quote name='"nawky"']

i havnt tried that specific log vape but im pretty convinced from 3 people i talk to who sold their 7th floor product for 1,... or just bought the UD and use it more[/quote]

I would be very surprised honestly, I've heard good things about that vape, but there's nothing about it that seems to make it excel at vaporbonging more so than vapes designed for vaporbonging. Log vapes are great though.

17. Underdog Vaporizer | Page 110 | FC Vaporizer Review Forum

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RslFLVTFCyA]Underdog Vaporizer Review - YouTube[/ame]

It also have zero learning curve unlike the ssv. Just inhale..(Idk about lsv)

Honestly... If you care that you have to load a full sized ssv bowl to maybe hit as nice as the underdog while it uses almost half as much then heyyy... I see where you are coming from

18. [quote name='"nawky"']

Underdog Vaporizer | Page 110 | FC Vaporizer Review Forum

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RslFLVTFCyA

It also have zero learning curve unlike the ssv. Just inhale..(Idk about lsv)

Honestly... If you care that you have to load a full sized ssv bowl to maybe hit as nice as the underdog while it uses almost half as much then heyyy... I see where you are coming from[/quote]

You'll notice I didn't recommend the ssv either...the ssv works great with bongs, as I'm sure does the underdog, but how can it compare to lsv or vrip or cloud?

And the ssv you just inhale too...you're inhaling the same way through a bong..no difference in learning curve. Nobodys ever taken an incorrect hit off my vaporbong setup, even if they'd never hit a vape before.

19. When you are dealing with a medium to small bowl pack their is indeed a learning curve to extracting all of the substance out

20. [quote name='"nawky"']When you are dealing with a medium to small bowl pack their is indeed a learning curve to extracting all of the substance out[/quote]

How so? I very much disagree. Nobodys ever had an issue before -confused-. You're literally inhaling either way. There's really no learning curve to vapebonging - you just hit the bong regularly.

And if you think the underdog is the best simply because its a smaller bowl, allowing thicker hits with less herb (and I don't see how that translates to best vape for bong) then wouldn't the CRZ or another log vape accomplish that as well, if not better? I may be mistaken but don't the underdog and HI have the biggest bowls of the log vapes?

I'm sure its a great vape, and I'm sure it vapor-bongs well, but there's no less of a learning curve, and there's plenty of all glass vaporbong airpaths meant specifically for that purpose.