The Glass Bastard's Collection Thread

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Glass Bastard, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Lol, since everyone seems to be looking at the heady glass I guess I'll throw that out there next! First up the SNIC Electroformed tube. Frankly I didnt get any milks of it because you can't really see the smoke thanks to all the work.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SNIC's electroplated/electroformed tubes have come an incredibly long ways since they first started doing e-formed work. Its insane how much detail goes into these pieces.

2. subbed man. Want to keep seeing more of your collection its sweet!

3. Next are the two pieces seen with the SG Pillars:smoke:, probably my prize two heady slides, the 14mm Carver B Di-chrome Spiral Implosion and the 14mm SALT and Cap'n Crunk Colab slides:love:
    As is obvious from his name, Carver B does what some call "Carved" glasswork. Its unique to only him, and the work on the di-chro spiral on the knob should be an indication as to the level of glasswork Carver B is capable of. Needless to say he's one of the best.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Next up, the SALT and Cap'n Crunk Colab 3-hole diffused 14mm Slide. SALT is incredibly renowned for his style of glasswork, featuring strange chimeral creature designs and severely abstract work, very unique, very detailed, and very recognizeable. Cap'n Crunk is equally as recognized, and does alot of incredibly high detail artwork (most recently for the "Big Galleria" show in Vegas) which includes alot of abstract designs, sometimes of forest animals(his owls are incredible). Both are prized glass artists who do nothing but incredible high end glass.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I said it before the last time I posted this pic in another thread, I don't believe this picture does the interior work justice, and will try to update it soon. The reversal work on the interior is INCREDIBLY detailed, despite its incredibly small size.[​IMG]
    I'll be posting pics of more of my heady glass as I post more of my scientific too

4. Just got off the phone with my lhs, got a new ELBO slide gonna have photos of later, giggity giggity

5. Oh yeah, I forgot to post scores of the HBG Interior Inception Dual-Inline Vacuum 15 arm. It honestly is one of my favorite so I have to score it.

Manufacturer: HBG Glasswares
    Model: Interior Inception Dual-Inline Vacuum w/ 15arm Tree Perc
    Pipe Dimensions: 51mm x 65mm x 51mm x 65mm x 5mm thick
    Style: Vertical Inline Vacuum w/stand, stemless (custom fitted showerhead d/s optional)
    Retail Value: $400-$500
    Specifications: 18mm joint size, Inverted Showerhead Splashguard, American Borosilicate Pyrex glass. Also seen fitted with an optional local blown showerhead downstem.

Taste: 8.0w/o stem 7.75 w/stem
    While definitely not as taste deducting as a showerhead/circ, the combination of the immense diffusion in the inception inline, plus the extremely airy nature of the hits behind 12-or-more-arm Tree's allow for an extremely clean, yet very aerated and somewhat taste deducting hit.

Airflow:9.25 w/o stem 9.0 w/stem
    Extremely aerated and an incredibly dragless pipe. However in comparison to other inline vacuums, the inception inline adds just the ever so slightest amount of tug on it to compensate for the extreme freeflow nature of an inline. So instead of being so aerated you can barely get enough lift underneath the smoke, the smoke comes charging through the tube like a bullet. There is also an optional 10-arm version a friend of mine owns that has an even slightly less aerated hit than the 15-arm, I however like the extra purity noted with a 15 arm instead.

Purity: 9.0 w/o stem 9.5 w/stem
    An incredibly clean and aerated hit that goes down extremely smooth. The smoke comes extremely clean, soft, and crisp, almost moist. The pipe itself hits so cleanly it is honestly a scant difference between using ice and not using ice in the overall smoothness of smoke going down.

Impact: 9.0 w/o stem 9.5w/ stem
    The tube itself is of fairly large stature, definitely in the larger 25% of my collection. These extra large bore 51mm and 65mm width tubes ensure you open your lungs up nice and widely and make them work. That is not to be confused for drag however. The extra large bore just makes you think you have to work harder than you do, and smoke comes barreling in. (In my opinion thank god its so clean or else the extremely impacting nature of this tube would make it un-desirable for me)

Ease of Use:8.75 w/o stem 8.75 w/stem
    A very simple, easy to use, light the bowl and pull pipe that anyone could use, beginner to expert. Same rules as any inline apply, and just make sure that you leave it sitting straight up on a table to make sure you're hitting every diffuser. Other than that an extremely simple to use tube.

Overall: 8.8 w/o stem 9.0 w/stem
    One of my favorite pipes and a consistent daily driver of mine, despite its rather bulky size, and I say that hitting this next to SG Peyote Pillars, SGW waffle percs, and toro 7/13's. I normally hate extremely large and bulky pipes, however this pipe has every bit of diffusion working in its favor. I've hit many different brands of inlines before, from Zob, to Illadelph Mini's, to Zack P. customs, Headford Glass, you name it. But HBG's interior inception inline is my favorite thus far. It provides me the perfect balance of tug and airflow that I've always wanted in an inline. The level of cleanliness this things achieves is incredible, a perfect pipe to rip flowers on. I would recommend this pipe to anyone any day of the week.

There you go, thats my review of the HBG. You've seen nice tubes from me so far, some of my favorites. But you'll see some really nice and impressive looking tubes from me soon that don't fare so well. After all bigger isnt always better.

6. [​IMG]
    Lol, couldn't resist the random nug shot

7. Alright next up we've got the Eric Ross 4.0 Glass Skinny Mouth Double Showerhead Tube w/ Alex K 4.0 Showerhead Downstem. Another great favorite of mine, as anyone who's ever hit an Eric Ross Double Showerhead would probably agree.
    [​IMG]
    Here's the actual double showerhead perc.
    [​IMG]
    Here's the 4.0 Alex K Showerhead downstem
    [​IMG]
    4.0 does a few different style labels for their tubes, this ones the Minnesota made label.
    [​IMG]
    The Reversal worked or "wig Wag" Millie on the pipe located near the side of the joint.[​IMG]
    Here's the work on the top of the Double Showerhead perc.
    [​IMG]
    And the millie on the matching bowl as well.
    [​IMG]

8. And of course the bubble and milk shots.
    Each little pulse of breath almost looks like it cuts the water with the Alex K Stem. Its impressively simplistic and effective.
    [​IMG]
    The Double Showerhead can stack with the best of them.
    [​IMG]
    And the actual milk shot.
    [​IMG]
    Scores for the Eric Ross Double Showerhead coming next...

9. Alright from now on I'm gonna wait to do scores until I post milk vids. But next up some Heady Glass again. First the Rhyno Rubber Ducky 14mm Slide.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cute little fucker...

10. Next up, though technically I suppose it falls into scientific glass, I really rate it as more heady glass, because this is definitely not a high class diffuser, its just high class artwork.
    The HVY German Schott Duran Wrkd Triple Marble Dome Perc
    [​IMG]
    The top of the tube
    [​IMG]
    The 3 wrkd marbles and base
    [​IMG]
    The 3 flower marbles have an impressive amount of work on them.
    [​IMG]
    and there's the HVY Dome.

11. #31 Glass Bastard, Apr 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2012
    Here's my video for the Eric Ross 4.0 Double Showerhead
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cQlIgnY7Og[/ame]

12. This is looking to be one of the most legit collection threads I have seen in a while. Keep it up. :D

13. Ah man, i want that ducky bowl soooo bad lol. How much did that cost you?

14. Only about 100 bucks. GREAT snag.

15. Vids of my Peyote Pillar as well, firsts one goin with flowers and a hot hit wand, second dabski's.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZlFoWRaRGU]Hot Hit Wand on the Sovereignty Peyote Pillar - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcmL3cjuFKc]Dab from the SG Peyote Pillar Perc - YouTube[/ame]

16. Next up I'll toss up a little Zob glass.
    First up I got Big Daddy UFO and Little Sister UFO, the larger w/ a Pyrology Showerhead 18-14mm stem, the smaller w/ a standard Zob stem.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Next the specific shots.

17. The Zob Giant UFO Perc, essentially a circ perc/showerhead, does a fantastic job with overall diffusion.
    [​IMG]
    The Pyrology Showerhead stem, very similarly to the Alex K Showerhead (but not quiiite as nice as the K), cuts into the water almost in little slices.
    [​IMG]
    It does an impressive job for a 18mm size stem.
    [​IMG]
    And of course the milkshots.
    [​IMG]
    Sorry for the slanted camera...but you can see the UFO working perfectly.
    [​IMG]

18. Next up the little sister UFO. My preferred of the two.
    It's fairly easy to see a massive difference between how the big daddy and little sister UFO's were built.
    [​IMG]
    The Basic Zob 6slit diffy downstem 18-18mm.
    [​IMG]
    Bubble action on the little fucker's nice.
    [​IMG]
    And of course the milk...
    [​IMG]
    There's two of my five Zobs.

19. #39 Glass Bastard, Apr 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2012
    And before I go to bed tonight, last minute treat. Milk vids of the HBG Interior Inception Inline 10 arm tree, and of the Illy Tri-Coil Pyramid Perc.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtSMRdcMYqo&context=C4a0c005ADvjVQa1PpcFNTh8kW81Khga1MbZcMeUygZkT-ibV3aIQ=[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWkwiFR78bQ&context=C4e0ebe8ADvjVQa1PpcFNTh8kW81KhgZoo_3gKiIrw_iYK9XgyaOY=[/ame]

20. Well it's already been posted in the heady glass thread but it needs to be posted in my collection thread as well, so here's my Darby Swiss Perc Pillar Perc. I apologize about the weird lighting right now but I'll update pics soon. This is an ENTIRELY HAND SPUN TUBE. Incredible detail and quality and one of the most expensive/valuable pieces in my collection. Its sister piece is still sitting at my lhs, but I preferred the black and white motif this one has rather than the teal/green/white one I decided against.
    I really dig the black/white/silver color scheme
    [​IMG]
    A rear shot of it
    [​IMG]
    Here's the actual Swiss Perc Part. I know I know, its only a one hole swiss (if you can even consider that a swiss perc), but honestly if there was anymore holes than that the water wouldn't be able to be pulled up effectively into the pillar that high up.
    [​IMG]
    The 3-Pillar Perc
    [​IMG]
    The work at the top of the Mouthpiece. Incredible considering this is a completely hand-spun tube.
    [​IMG]
    And of course can't forget the T.I. Penned Darby signature.
    [​IMG]