WWE thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Pickle McSmurf, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Michael Cole's wiki:

Attached Files:

2. #10382 bluntmanIVXX, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
    [​IMG]

Kalisto and Neville were fuckin awesome. Gonna miss Lesnar.

3. Fucking GOAT raw, I haven't seen one guy raise that much hell since Austin. I hope Lesnar spends this entire year terrorizing the Authority.

My only problem is that he didn't F-5 Stephanie and the paramedics that came to the ring [​IMG]

And Rollins plays the "Edge" character better than Edge did lmao

4. they should do the storyline idea ive been tossing round for Brock for a while

have him dissapear for a couple PPV's, then out of no where during a main event of one just run out an interrupt it with Heyman ala his WWE debut.

5. Lmfaoo, anal bleeding ow man. That Lesnar shit had me dying, he killed ALL of the announce team, thank god. To keep it completely honest I get tired of hearing there bullshit gibberish. I'd rather Vince back at the team. I actually enjoyed raw with Byron or the guy on the panel from Wrestlemania, obviously inexperienced but he kept talking to a minimum, I could more easily hear the wrestlers talking to each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. This has been a crazy transition into the new era -.- Anyone else feel it?

7. I .. Well eh. I mean your question is making me think. I feel we've sorta been transitioning, problem is WWE is a revolving door with the stigma "anything can happen" not as relevant as it used to be but Anyway point being is it's not like the end of an era in the sense for instance the last WWF PPV Insurrection before WWE, but it was surely heart warming to see what was seen at Wrestlemania. Sting, nWo, DX, (the clique) my favorite wrestler Brock Lesnar kicking ass, Undertaker still fighting. Great stuff. We'll see a new era either a) Tv-14 or extreme edginess or b) when vince is dead but that won't happen that man is in some godbody shape for his age.

8. It's the reality era and we've been transitioning since 2012.

9. #10389 Hasze516, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
    I beg to differ and say it's the "Let's be corny and mix social media in with that" era. A few minor things reallly piss me off. Camera angles make me fucking motion sick, same stage at every show makes me fucking sick, and the fact that they turned a business that was falling for like 6 years now into a state of social media and such which has really, shaped the company today. Come on, I want to see wrestling, limos crashing into parked trailers, not "Vote for what match you want to see" when we know damn well our options don't matter.

Edit: anyone care to share some highlighted moments from this year / end of last year?

10. Why you mad? Watch ROH and LU.

Vince is rich as fuck and he will do whatever he wants until he croaks.

You want attitude era storylines? Watch LU.

You want a wrestling show? Watch ROH.

11. True. LU? What's that one? And while were at it NJPW, you interested in that? I watched a few YouTube matches. Actually pretty damn cool.

LU = Lucha Underground

It's amazing. If you are gonna watch it, then watch it from the start. They are about 20 episodes deep, but the storylines will have you hooked. Episodes are only 1 hour long. The production is VERY DIFFERENT than WWE, so it may take some time getting used to, but you will love it. Roster includes Puma, Cage, Drago, Fenix, Cuerno, Aero Star, Son of Havoc, Mill Muertes, Big Ryck, some really cool characters.

Yeah, I'm into NJPW as well. They have a new American show called New Japan World, every Friday, but I watch it on watchwrestling.ch. They recap the main storylines since 2013, and right now they are doing early 2014. It's great. And I keep up with the PPVs as well.

My favorite promotion right now is ROH. They are doing everything flawlessly. On point. Great wrestling. Great feuds. Great crowds.

13. ROH although I've barley watched it, I know they get down on the wrestling bit. NJPW is sort of stiff and action packed, wrestling. LU, I hd a feeling you were talking Luchadors. I'll be completely honest with you, if it is/anything like the 8 bit 3rd world promotion relating to that Rey Mysterio shit I will not watch it.

14. Just what the fuck are they doing with Ambrose? I'm pretty scared for him

It's in English and not everyone is a Luchador.

16. Ambrose is being buried. He's aight man... But I will give him props for the bump he took at Wrestlemania

17. Ambrose is not buried WTF LOL he kicked out of the AA on Raw. Sure he jobbed to Cena in a great match, but he wasn't buried.

18. #10398 Hasze516, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015
    yeah nigga thats the first step of getting buried. He went from main event to IC TITLE in one show

Matterfact, John Cena went from WWE Champion status and degraded back to a title he won in 2004. It's not even the spinner belt bro! There all fucking jobbers at this point, save the main event for Lesnar, Rollins, Bryan, Ziggler.

I said he's being buried, not buried yet.

The fact is they fucked him over. They made him go and force a contract signing to get smashed thru a ladder and not even win the title.

19. Whats you point? The roster has to cycle to keep things fresh. Remember wrestling goes on forever. There are no seasons. It doesn't stop. Ambrose will be in the main event again. Cena will too. Wyatt also. Reigns will go back to the midcard. So will Rollins and Orton. They gotta hop around. Mix things up.

20. #10400 Hasze516, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015
    Right, I understand. Note when I posted early that I said Wrestling is a free for all, sort of. There's no eras, there's a revolving door of stuff going on. You could be right, but keep it a stack. Do you really think John Cena is going to hit the real main event again? Maybe, but even if he does, it's not the same. It's good but also mind boogling that he went from the start of the show to completely indulging in a title that he previously had. Blame it on the booking maybe? I don't know. Kevin Dunn?

Edit: about the roster cycling, maybe I am caught up in 2004. There were a few main superstars who really dedicated themself. Now, there is an extremley... Expendable roster for a lack of better words. But in the pool that WWE has been in since, let's say 2008, there tryijg to change which is good. Also note, as I said and I think you as well. No major, significant changes will occur till Vince is gone. i'm curious in the direction Steph and HHH will leas the company and run basic tasks as you said, a revolving roster, storylines, etc. i've heard mixed feelings. Some say it'll be bad, others say they'll revert to a more classic TV-14 agenda.