Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Crockpot cannabutter/cannoil in the bathroom or outside?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by notagain, Apr 3, 2012.

1. So I really want to make some cannaoil/cannabutter using the crockpot method, but I understand it give off quite the smell. I still live at home so I can't have my parents finding out. Do you think if I just set it up in the bathroom, stuff a towel under the door, close the vents to the rest of the house and turn on the vent that blows air outside that it will be alright or will it still stink up the whole house?

Or could I just do it outside? Do you think if I did it outside the neighbors would be able to smell it? I live in suburbia so there are closed, tall fences, but houses are quite near eachother. I'd most likely be doing all this at night anyways, but you can never be too safe!

What do you guys think? Bathroom or outside? If outside, can neighbors smell?

2. Bump of justice?

3. I would do it outside. Make sure no animals can get i. I wouldnt worry about the neighbours

4. Cool man, yeah and I'll be doing it pretty late at night anyway so no one would really be up anyway.

5. #5 Jezn, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2012
    making the oil doesn't really reek imo. It's the decarbing that does most of the / all the reeking. You could even make it in your room. I have some oil in the oven right now, just checked, the smell was very faint. If you the crockpot has a lid on it, your probably wouldn't smell a thing (it was with vaped weed tho, that probably makes a small difference)