Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can my neighbors smell me smoking?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jdubb26, Apr 3, 2012.

1. I moved into an apartment not too long ago, and have been pondering this for a little while. The apartments are nice, nothing too fancy but constructed well. The good thing is, its not a dormitory/hallway style apartment, my door leads outside and I have 3 other neighbors.

Fortunately, I only have one person who lives above me, and they are hardly ever here because they travel for work very frequently. Also the neighbors next to me are a young couple in their 20's so I think they would be more lenient. I don't worry about the other neighbor simply because we aren't connected at all because she is diagonal from me.

I was told when I moved in here that the walls were "fireproof" and very solid. I never hear my neighbors except for when their dogs are barking, and I never smell anyone cooking, which is a good sign. My girlfriend says that she never smells smoke outside of the door, only a couple seconds after she has stepped inside.

Up until recently I was blowing the smoke into the fan in the bathroom, or the kitchen stove exhaust but I have been lazy lately and just doing it on the couch. I never bake out the apartment, or smoke joints or blunts. I only smoke glass and when I do its usually a very tiny amount. I've lived here about 5 months now and HAVEN'T received any complaints so far which is good.

So what do you guys think? Should I have anything to worry about??

2. If you've done this for 5 months now then theres nothing to worry about! Keep on tokin :bongin:

3. you'll probably be fine, but if you really care that much just have your girlfriend pick up some smelly good shit and you can open the doors. otherwise they probably won't smell it.

4. Im honestly not sure...:confused:

You should just ask em and find out... :cool:

5. you sounds fine to me. i wouldnt worry about it too much. and even if your neighbors smelled it they would probably go strait to you before calling the popo

6. Yeah thats what I was thinking:smoke: I just would feel bad if its pissing them off but they are too nice to complain.

7. The only way to find out is to ask them! lol

8. If you are worried just spray some febreeze and the smell will go right away

9. Yeah I'm pretty sure they would talk to me first before calling the cops. At least I hope! haha

Thanks for the input guys and happy tokin' :bongin:

10. yeah ure probably fine. open some windows if u must and like someone up there said just spray some febreeze or ozium after every session, itll take like 30 seconds so its not a buzzkill or anything

11. if ya that worried about it just light some incense and youll be alright.

12. IMO you have nothing to worry about. The only thing I would worry about is the neighbors knocking on your door and you have to approach them. Other than that, strong smells doesn't travel very far at all if contained in an apartment. :smoke:

13. If you were outside smoking on the street you infected a whole mile of weed smell whichever way the wind is blowing. Some anti drug class Info actually paying off lol I miss you Mr Guy X0

14. @Op Non Smokers can smell Marijuana smoke from quite a far distance away. Just remember to be Careful and aware of your Surroundings Know your Rights.

15. No one has ever told me this but I KNEW this had to be true..and ppl say smoke outside and youre good..ppssshh i smoked in my back yard on some orge kush, maaaannnee the people that live 3 houses down from the person that lives in front of me said and i quote: "I smell some reefer" lol..dude literally yelled it in the middle of the night as if I was some scared animal that was just gonna come out of hiding or some shit and scurry away.

16. Ur good.. but if anyone comes over just be like.. u know what I smelled that to let's go see who smoking "dope" I'm sure they will be like Wtf lol.

17. hahaha

18. [quote name='"4grls2bongs0wry"']
    No one has ever told me this but I KNEW this had to be true..and ppl say smoke outside and youre good..ppssshh i smoked in my back yard on some orge kush, maaaannnee the people that live 3 houses down from the person that lives in front of me said and i quote: "I smell some reefer" lol..dude literally yelled it in the middle of the night as if I was some scared animal that was just gonna come out of hiding or some shit and scurry away.[/quote]

Hahhhahh dude same whit happens to me! Except it's my friends that smoke lol they always cough and go goddamn! And I pop my head up up wassup dawg lol but ya man the smell travels.

19. Damn they actually yelled out? I smoke at the earliest 10:30pm and at the latest 12:00pm. No one has complained, no one has yelled out. I wasn't aware how strong weed smoke could be, damn. :smoke:

20. My neighbors don't say anything. I know they smell it, my window is right next to theirs, and I go out on my deck and smoke a lot and it blows over to that saaame window