Life of a Satori

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Bud t3nd, Apr 2, 2012.

1. The girls' pots had the bottoms cut off and were placed into another pot with coco/perlite/mykos mix. Today is day 34 from switching to 12/12. They still have a lot of growing, I wanted to be sure their roots had enough room to grow as well. Keeping the nutes relatively low - 1.2/1.3 EC, placing them in the sun for most of the sunnier days, and keeping positive thoughts around the girls is a sure way to have a happy ending to this fairy tale grow.

What say you?? :smoke:
    Peace

1,2 Satori #1
    3, 4 Satori #2

Attached Files:

2. Mandala strains really are a joy to work with , I'm growing mandala #1 and I stressed the hell outta my first one lol
    I'm gonna be switching to feminized seeds after this grow tho , cuz I only have room for 1-2 plants in my closet :p
    Ur satori looks awesome , I'm subbed :)

3. I agree, they are fun and easy to grow lush plants. Which fem strains are you thinking about next? I'll be taking a break after the Satori are finished..

Thanks for stopping by :)
    Happy Growing!

4. I'd like to try satori and maybe BTB. I wish they made hashberry in a feminized variety :(

5. I was thinking of trying the OG Kush cuz I saw that it was limited , but I might go for something cheaper - if I can't afford the OG , I think I'll go for the Sharksbreath.

6. lXtreeml, you wouldn't be disappointed with the Satori. The growth is so lush and robust. And the smell off the buds is so juicy.. You can always try to make your own fem seeds. I've turned a bag seed clone into a male, who's pollen produced fem seeds when pollinating another clone from the same plant. It's super easy to do with colloidal silver.

California Dream is a fem strain Mandala came out with not too long ago, I'd like to try. Land race genetics from mexico and afganistan. Point of no return looks like another good indica, but is not fem..

7. I knew how to do it with colloidal silver, but I figured mandala would have sold them in a feminized variety if it was that easy. If I can do that I don't have a problem going that route. In fact that was my original plan with Chill-OM, reveg and clone then flower with colloidal silver to make fem seeds.

8. I could , and I plan to get into breeding in the future , right now I only have one closet in a very small apartment - so breeding is not on the agenda yet...
    that's if u were even referring to me lol :smoke:

9. I agree lX.. Someone once told me it took a company 10 years to feminize one of their strains. Idk what method they were using, what company, or what strain.. I've read there's a very high success rate using colloidal silver. Soma uses a silver thiosulfate solution to stress his females into making feminized seeds..

Soma Grow Secrets - YouTube - around 6 minutes in he talks about fem seeds

GD90 imho, breeding is one of the most exciting things to do with these plants. Just knowing that you had a part in a new strains life is incredible. Now some may not turn out to be top shelf, but they are fun to experiment with. But for now, it's good to get to know all about your plants

10. Girls are at day 40! One more month left until these bad mamma jammas are cut down. Recently flushed Satori #1, she had a high EC in run off. Now that's fixed they have been given BioVam with their watering today.. :D

Happy Growing!:smoke:

Satori & Korpus - "Day 40"
    1, 3. Satori
    2, 4. Korpus

Attached Files:

11. lookin good!

12. Day 48

The Satori that was before delaying in flowering is taking her vengeance by filling out very nicely! She has surpassed the more Sativa looking pheno. Although she doesn't have as many trichs yet. The sativa dominate pheno(satori #1) seems like it has stopped thickening. Hopefully within the next few weeks she will pick up and produced the famous baseball bat sized flowers Satori is known for. :D

The EC levels of the run off are around 1.3. My nutes are being reduced from 1.2 to about 0.9. They will be fed less and less until the end of next week. After that they will be receiving R/O water until harvest.

Thanks for stopping by!:smoke:

pics: group, satori#1, satori#2

Attached Files:

13. They are looking really good :)
    I just got a new bag if soil , all these fucking males are ruining me lol , luckily I'm down to my last 2 reg seeds , if the one I have going now is female , I might plant the last seed somewhere in public - just for the heck of it lol .... Could be fun to see how long it stays there :p

14. I've been thinking about that too! It'd be nice to see plants around town.:smoke:

I know how it is raising a plant thinking/hoping it's female, only to be disappointed it's been male all along! I've used their pollen each time though. That way I don't feel bad culling them without a purpose. Better luck these next few times, bro! These are the same Mandala seeds from before? Been thinking about trying a run in soil. Which soil have you been using?

Thanks for stopping by man, Female mojo to ya!

15. mandala really needs to sell feminized versions of all their strains.. I would love to do an all mandala grow.

16. Yes these are still the same seeds , been getting so many males - plus I killed the first 2 lol

Been using Canna Tera Professional Plus :smoke:

17. I've read somewhere Mandala is working on turning a few of their strains into fem seeds. They've said one or two looks promising.

The one seed that was started in Amazon Bloom soil died right off the bat. I didnt think it would be too hot, but obviously it has the word bloom in the title, haha. Live and Learn. The two other seeds in coco both turned out to be female. I think if they have a good starting without too much stress, they turn out to be female, but thats just fmy opinion.

18. Satori #1 was pollinated! Not sure if it was self pollination or if the male plant that was stuffed into a bucket near the tent.. :/ Throughout the plant there are what looks to be seeds forming. The male was a sativa dominate BlackJack (Nirv.) x Bag seed.

1. Male Cross
    2. Satori#1 Seed forming

3. Satori#2
    4. Satori #1

Attached Files: