Seeds haven't popped up after 4 days, should i be worried?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by lowryder21, Mar 31, 2012.

1. I've had a stunted seedling problem, they will pull trough but you MUST be very cautious.

If they are in a large pot, transplant back into a
    Small 12-16oz party cup, poke holes in the bottom, and fill with 50/50 coco perlite.

Take your base grow nute with NO other additives other than a sprinkle of Epsom, get plain RO water and achieve an EC of .2-.4 and 5.5-5.8 PH and pour 48oz through each, place under your CFL and wait. If the tops begin to seen dry and the cup gets light hit them
    With the same super simple low dose, once they gain more leaves and seem to pale (not get crispy) then its time to feed more. Once your into three nodes or 6-8 inches then put her back into the 3gal. Let her roots fill the 16oz cup to the point where you can lift up cup and all from the stem.

Good luck I hope it all works out!

2. #42 lowryder21, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2012
    Wow, very nice answer my friend!!

They are sitting in 3gal smartpots, i know i am stupid for starting them in such large pots. I am gonna find some cups like you suggested and use them. Is it ok to use some coco from the larger pots in the small cups, after i rinse it well?

The last time i watered them (yesterday) runoff measurements were:

Acapulco Gold: PH:6.4 EC:0.5
    Pineapple Chunk: PH:6.3 EC:0.6
    Red Dragon: PH: 6.4 EC:0.5

Except for the Pineapple Chunk which hasn't lost its nice green color and which is growing its second set of leaves, and White Russian, the other two have major problems. Cotyledons of Acapulco Gold have gone pale yellow. They all have stunted growth and tiny leaves though.

Thanks a lot for your help, i am gonna try it for sure. I don't wanna order Autoflowering seeds if i can avoid it. If things don't go well i don't see another choice. I have some other seeds (like Blueberry Gum, Trainwreck, Tangerine Dream) but i doubt that i would be able to harvest by the end of July.

3. It's not about stupidity my friend, we all make mistakes, it's what we learn from them that counts! :)

Anywany, yes you can use the coco from the 3 gal pots, make sure you rise it really good, before using it, and then the same thing, pour through 32-48 oz of your weak nute solution and take a runoff reading and compare to what you just told me. If anything it should keep the EC failry close bc it is at a great range now, but your PH seems high.

If I was you I would try a few waterings at PH 5.5, I learned this from Shanti and Arjan, and I have been PHing all my water at or near the 5.5-5.6 range and it has kept my runoff PH at an almost stable 5.8-6. Just keep track and if any numbers go up then you know I was wrong ;) haha

But best of luck I hope things turn around!

4. Thank you once more for the answer bro! Ok, i am gonna get some 18oz cups in a while. I have got the feeling that it will be a bit difficult to transplant from the big smart pot to the small cups successfully, but i have got nothing to lose.

Concerning PH, i have been told that its normal for PH runoff to be in the 6.3-6.8 range because of the cation balance of the Coco (according to SCMC, you can see his post in the previous page). I have heard its not imperative for runoff PH to be at 5.8-6 for things to work good.

Thanks for your advice, i wish you luck too my friend!

5. Lowrider, listen to what grobot said on the previous page mate

It's the best advice in the thread.

Listen, you can take scmc's advice and add in cal, mag, nitrate etc etc, read your run off and all sorts of other shit. But let me tell you something: provided you've got a good quality coco, and provided you use good quality baby feed such as formulex, then you are 100% good to go and the addition or checking of anything other than what you're putting in is 100% unnecessary and only likely to cause you problems. That is not just my guarantee, but one of growers worldwide.

6. Well, after 1 month with no visible process, it seems that transplanting to 1 lt pot did the trick. I was able to save the Acapulco Gold, its on the 4th set of leaves now and it seems very healthy. I am following Head's formula. I also transplanted White Russian, we will see how it goes. Pineapple Chunk and Red Dragon did not make it. I will upload pics too as soon as i find the usb cable for my phone (i lost it again, grrrr). I have got a q guys, if i want to transplant the Acapulco Gold in a 5 gal pot with soil(coco needs much attention and vacations get closer and closer) it could be done with no problems?

7. Yea you can transplant....Do you really need a 5 gal container?

You should look into self watering system. Check out totheheads thread on Blumats for a drip top feed system.
    I went with a reservoir and bottom feeding with the Autopot and has made life so much easier and the plants are thriving...

8. Because of the excessive heat Acapulco Gold and White Russian will be the only plants i will be growing this summer. I wanted to grow 6 autos besides these two, but heat is not going to allow me to do that. I am gonna give AG and WR at least two months of vegging with LST to get as much as i can with the 650w of HPS i have. So, i suppose they will need at least a 5 gal container, if not 7 gal, since we are talking about soil and not coco.

I love the idea of Blumats, but i have got two tents in my bedroom, i wll have to remove the beds if i want to have the Blumat and all this equipment for auto watering in my bedroom. I am already thinking of removing the smaller tent i have from my bedroom, its near the window and blocking most of the air from entering my bedroom. Temps have already reached 85F and we are in the beginning of May. I believe it would be like hell in July with two tents (totally 1000 watts) in my bedroom.

9. Lol I read this as I haven't pooped in 4 days

10. Ha ha ha! No, myself operates just fine (i poop and take a piss like a boss everytime i have to),my babies are the ones which need some help with the basics.