Dummy's Organic Run

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by 3Deez, Mar 31, 2012.

1. I have always set my flower 13/11 after a 24 hour dark period, but I'm liking this learning in the moment thing!!!!!!!!

2. Happy Turkey day mother fucker.

Happy loves ya !!

3. Happy turkey day mother fucker ~ words from the HappyFarmer himself.

Hope it's been great bro.

My flower lights are at 11 on/13 off perpetually.

4. A ll I know is that we hang out together is this;

I'm MAD + YOU MOTHERFUCKERS GOT SKILLS ='s MAD SKILLS!!!!

5. Hey Triple.

Thankful for within this world I met you.

You ain't nothing but a good vibe and a starry night.
    Love ya man. !!

6. Happy thanksgiving 3Deez and crew! Hope everyone had a great holiday.

Dude Denny's is the unofficial spot to chow after any concert! Hellyeah man! Sounds awesome! And the plants are looking good lol I saw my name somewhere in there hahaha

:wave:

7. Gmorning Blades, I hope you all had a great holiday. Turned out really good here. Had my wife and kids around me along with some in laws throughout the day and night so it was a success. Smoked some excellent bud my bro brought that put me on my ass in front of the fire we made....and we still have so much food left over that I can see plenty of turkey sammiches in my immediate future. :lol: I'm a blessed dude yall.

I also appreciate the love from you mofos here. Plan for today is to get around to some spots in the city and drop some greetings since I didn't get to yesterday.

Be easy my friends. :)

8. Glad it was a good one D, we had a great day over here as well. Got a new little member of the fam today I'm sitting in the car while you wife's running all around in this Crap getting some shopping done. Ugh.

Peace buddy

9. Trundled out the amendments.. Kelp, Alfalfa, Neem and Crab Shell
    [​IMG]

10. Hey folks. Got some pics of the baby GQs tonight. They're getting close to transplant time. I think I might still have another week or two before I'll want to put em in 5 gallon pots at which point, the TD crosses will go outside.

1448782497895.jpg
    1448782521304.jpg
    1448782547052.jpg
    1448782570906.jpg

Freakin baked as $h!t right now.....

11. Looking good bud, can't wait to see what them TD do for you, I hear they're picky but worth putting up with! May try and order me some one if these years ;) I have one heck of a most wanted list going. But to many beans lying around to justify an order for some time.

I have a bit of an ongoing breeding project, I need a do a throw down of a little bit of everything and then decide which cross to do a pheno hunt on.

Then you went on about the sage and sour, which is another project I feel like I should try now. Anyways pretty tired over on this side, books are calling, ugh. Gotta log off here and get some work done

12. Yeah, they are pretty picky. I've got one right now that is showing some spots. I gave em all some kelp and I'm bringing Epsom Salts back into the mix. I know that kelp is supposed supply all the needed micro nutes but I'm doubling down cause these plants are moving fast now and I'm just gonna get further behind I think.

Talk to ya later Dodge!

13. Hadn't thought of Epsom salts, may throw some into my distilled water I have been using. Tap is off the table for now, went distilled just to eliminate variables for now, but one plant showing a few bad rust spots after only one watering. Thinking I have a picky one on my hands, everyone else is fine. Soil just got a redo, deficiencies shouldn't even be an issue availability-wise, thinking wonky pH is just showing itself as this spotting, new growth looks amazing on it..

14. Doing it outside on a big enough scale it's forced me to use hose water for all stages as there is just no way I can change it for this many plants .. It's a case of like or die here.. That said I do combat my stupidly high PH (8.5) water with some elemental sulfur in my mix..
    It's one of the nice features of a soil rich in organic materials you can just trust the microbes to get it right and this far along it's just not an issue.. I used to worry about the chlorine and the chloramines but enough study is out showing it's all gone past the top 1/2 inch of soil.. Another win for organic soil.. LOL I'll stop now..
    I've always got a plant or 3 that's showing a few crappy looking lower leafs usually my Blue Berry as she's a fussy bitch..
    Distilled and R/O are both less then optimal on plants as it's empty of trace minerals that do seem to make a difference..

BNW
    Morning Deez..

15. Hey D, hope you had a good, full thanksgiving brotha!

16. Gmorning fellas. I'm glad to see you guys expounding on the tap vs RO vs distilled. I've seen the discussion time and again around the city but rarely have I ever seen it remain productive convo because someone always throws the vibe off with some sort of sarcasm that pretty much brings it to an end.

I've been kicking around the idea of using tap that has sat out in my bucket. I use it for my outdoor container plants and aside from the occasional ugly leaves, they seem to do great with it. That bucket always has kelp or alfalfa or neem remnants and I'm sure all the left over stuff nullifies the chlorine after a short time.

So now I'm wondering if its safe for indoor. Do I want to chance it on production plants? Do I want to screw up good soil with "bad water"?? Since I have the one male TD cross left, I'm thinking that I can just try it out and see what happens.

I also saw a write up some time back. I think it was from either Gimik or Wak that showed what BrassNwood is talking about with the first 1/2" of soil taking the brunt of chlorinated water amd repairing itself. I'd like to see some more literature on that in particular.

Time for coffee!!

17. Completely agree with you BNW on all fronts. At the current moment I'm using distilled as damage control. I am wanting to cut the tap back into it gradually until I can Find a happy medium. Seems my ph is right around 7.8 if i Can trust my probe meter (I can't;) ) it indicates acid vs base fairly well but doesn't quantify with any accuracy. Pepsi ph 2.5 reads 5. Distilled water right on 7. My tap a smidgen under 8. Who knows. Even ph down corrects it for awhile, but it rises over time.. this water is buffed pretty hard. Thanks for your input dude, I don't wanna neglect the mineral content from the tap, it is a great resource, just not at this moment.

18. Fungal check on the new soil batch - done!
    1448827912893.jpg
    1448827937807.jpg

Even the seedling mix.....
    1448827968917.jpg

19. D, BNW,

When I have been forced to use water right from the tap, I take a pinch of castings and add it in and shake. I know enough about chemistry to know that will do the work on the castings vs. My soil and the chlorine will be neutralized instantly. Good to hear some confirmation from other sources on this! Organics are the best imo!

20. Damn Deez looks like you nailed that mix this time brother!

Hope you're having a nice relaxing Sunday man!

:wave: