Dummy's Organic Run

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by 3Deez, Mar 31, 2012.

Forgot to respond to this.... little baked.... So you feel that the benefit of this over the flaps being closed is better airflow?

lol Also didn't notice that 3D also complained about the duct holes until just now lol

2. very cool GtG thanks man..

gonna pick one up i think, heard very good things about them, and it's good hearing the same from you and DDD..

amazon has them a lot cheaper than than shop that i linked to..
    new england hydro sells them too, w/ free shipping in new england.

i think it does, you're definitely gonna pull more air into the tent w/ the flaps open.. but it's definitely not 100% lightproof. It works for me only because closing my flaps still produces light leaks :laughing:

4. I have the DR120. No issues with it so far, others then the sides sucking way in like you all mentioned. Lol.

5. #4005 HOWHIGHISTOHIGH, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014
    Someone said somethin along the lines of this earlier, and my brain may have not picked up on it. King size will do that too ya.

But, is this happening with an intake fan. And outtake fan? Jus tryin to figure it out..

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

6. I use a 6" inline fan for exhaust at the top of the tent. I have 2 6" vent holes open at the bottom for fresh air. I lose about 6-8" of width and depth. Thought about using the in line fan for intake at the bottom and pushing air out the vents at the top. Not sure if the air will exchange properly though.

7. Same here. My 6" is up top pulling warm air, resulting in fresh air being pulled from the bottom holes. IMO, keeping the exhaust up top just makes better sense for my set up because the panels expel heat from the backs which are directed towards the ceiling of the tent.

8. #4008 420inMI, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014
    I've got my 6" vortex fan dimmed down to like 25%, with all 3 of my other 6" duct holes open (with ducting hooked up to keep the light in) as vents, and the sides still suck in, atleast with the additional inlets I'm not afraid it's going to rip the stitching apart. ;)

My tent has 6 inlets/outlets (2 on each side on the top and 1 4" on both sides low.) plus 3 vents, I'm keeping the vents closed to try and keep the light in.

9. I have an SJ DR120. Flaps open because of negative pressure. The room the tent is in is lightproof as fuck... I tested it out yesterday. Was the darkest darkness I have ever experienced lol. Couldn't see my hand 2" in front of my face. Was kinda freaky.. Like everyone said, the tent is high quality material and the zippers are pretty sturdy, but there are pinholes so it is not 100% lightproof. No intake fans. Two exhaust fans. One for the light, one for air flow.

TJ

10. Hey ef you guys now I want another tent! lol

11. I just leave every opening on the tent open even the door, mostly and I simply hang plastic curtains to block light. Works great! :D

12. Fabric tape for those pin holes

13. Man....honestly if i had a room to work in, that would be my route of choice. Then I'd just use the tent for breeding and be done with it!

14. :lol: holy shit I thought this was TJ's thread! Ha!!
    Yeah I use to run both my spare rooms. One large reason I picked this house was to basically turn it into a grow house, but then it became a little unmanageable with a heavy work schedule and the heat from my t5 fixture. I think I would still use my tent if I used the veg room again. But for now it stores soil, amendments and equipment..and it's packed full so not sure how I'd manage a veg room. I think I'm doing ok with what I got now, just need to get serious about the exhaust. I plan on putting the 4" fan back in place this weekend.. oh shit..weekend's here already! :eek:
    :unsure: time to get serious!

15. Yo DDD, another shot of the bio d.
    20140822_222510~2.jpg

16. DAAAAAAAAMN bro!! I think I'm set on putting that in my next run. I know I bounced back and forth on which to run in the line up but bio is like sour d on steroids right? So I think that's the one I'm settled on. You just confirmed it for me. I'm gonna get a list together of everything coming up.

17. Lol, don't know about being on steroids....but it has a few different diesel strains bred into it I guess. She lookin good fa sho!

18. I want some in my garden that's for sure!

can you and the Mrs. fit in there?

mornin buddy.. :p :poke: :wave:

20. LMAO ^^ mornin A-Dubya :wave:

TJ