Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do I hide being high mentally around my parents?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by datesta, Mar 31, 2012.

1. I used to always try really hard to not give anything away but now if anything, I'm more weird around my parents when I'm baked.. Just have fun around em and don't give as much of a shit, if you're outgoing and fuckimg around theyre not gonna think ur baked, just being yourself! I mean don't be way different than ur usual self but nothin wrong with havin fun baked when no one knows a thing

2. This guy can help you....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDsbEG4HeEQ]Super Hans - A Tribute - YouTube[/ame]

3. I wouldn't smoke if you have to be around them extensively. It will just make you paranoid that they know.

4. lol one time i came home kayed as fuck, my dad asked for a knife, and i handed him a bottle of cranberry juice. woops

5. I think self-confidence is the key, as many people have pointed out. Before getting caught smoking, I was able to be high around my family and they never suspected a thing. Even the first time I smoked, I had a long conversation with my father about his job, took a little walk with him down the street, helped him buy an USB memory stick and had dinner with my grandma. Granted, I wasn't baked out of my mind, I tended to forget to talk and did say some stupid BS at times, but it wasn't that noticeable. I was very confident that I could hide it and I managed to get my act together and be normal.

After my father caught me smoking and we had a horrible conflict, complete with threats to kick me out of the house, I was left with an elevated degree of anxiety regarding my drug use. So, whenever I'm high, I'm scared he might notice. Now I find it hard to get my act together even when I'm on opiates - and that's stupid, because opiates do not impair cognitive function and hiding an opiate high has always been effortless for me. Not anymore. You see, when I'm high on opiates and I don't try to hide my altered state (e.g. when talking to a friend), I always act normal. But when I have to interact with my father, I always avoid eye contact, my speech gets stupidly slurred, I forget what I was going to say, my voice starts trembling... all of this, because of my anxiety. Because I lack self-confidence. I haven't got stoned around him ever since, I know I couldn't handle it. I once slept at my aunt's place when I didn't trust myself to be able to act normal with him; that night, I was barely able to talk to him on the phone. Instead, I interacted face to face with my aunt (who doesn't know about me being a drug user) and I was able to act just fine. The difference? Anxiety vs. self-confidence...

6. [quote name='"StonerSimpson78"']Just remember that your the only one that knows your high. And make sure you think out what your going to say before you actually say or else you'll just sound like a babbling fool lol[/quote]

Couldn't have said it any better than this

7. Start building a tolerence.

8. act like you have a bad headcold and that's why you're sluggish; keep headphones in; ingest caffeine

9. be the high dont let the high be you

10. i just act weird normally, they never notice it when im high LOL

11. I usually just try to act like I know what everyone is talking about. And then just laugh and say "yeah well you know" a lot and you should fit right in at any family function baked beyond belief.

12. Go out and out more often when high. Grocery shopping (careful on that one unless you want a cart full of Funyuns :p), errands, whatever. Gets you used to being out and about with people and interacting while stoned.

tl;dr, practice makes perfect.

13. Wait until you mature maybe? This is an issue for a 13 year old.

14. This thread is hilarious. How the hell can you enjoy your high if you are trying to hide it?!?

When I read sh!t like this, I often wonder why the hell people bother smoking when they don't have the place to actually smoke.

It really defeats the purpose of smoking if you are wandering around your parents house like, "Oh sh!t, do they know?!?! They must know!!! Oh man why are they looking at me? Gotta act straight, GOTTA ACT STRAIGHT!!!!"

15. Its because they are immature. If you smoke a little .5 or whatever and paint your face doing cartwheels, hitting little girls on bikes, screaming 'OMG im sooo high lolz' then you need to grow up a little.

What you do usually weed enhances, it doesn't turn your house into an irresistible circus act. When I was 13 I was more worried about the smell because the maturity was there already.

16. The only way to get caught is by hiding something.

that being said, unless it is extremely obvious, just go with it. You would be surprised how many people don't notice.

17. #57 01Bullitt, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2012
    Sit up straight- no slouching, don't dart your eyes, don't fidget, don't always look down (red eyes aren't the first thing people look at/notice when looking at a person.. unless maybe you're high and trying to find other high people..) and don't talk tooo slow if you're on that level of being real baked.

And when you forget things/say high comments and your parents go, "what are you talking about?..." just play it cool and don't fret, fretting is what sets people on to your bakedness. Just stay calm, you'll be good

18. [quote name='"letsmokeasweet"']just whip out a fat blunt and spark it up in front of ur rents and pass it to them[/quote]

Then they'll have to hide being high in front of their kid. The tables have turned.