What is a stemless bong and whats the perks of it

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by heratis, Mar 30, 2012.

1. I'm proving your ignorance on the subject of quality glass is what I'm doing :rolleyes:

2. #42 ignila, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2012
    Ok buddy, Here you go. You want to compare glass knowledge and collections lets do it.

[​IMG]

Itza x Tony collab 8/13, how does your Apix's collectability stack up in the eyes of a collector? Do you know? Because I do. I'm not that impressed and my glass is from Cali too.

Worked Gridded 2011bc. How does the three blue dot work on your Apix compare? Because Brian Carrigan (California) has been in the game for many many years longer than Dan and I find his coloured linework to be pretty amazing

9mm HVY daily driver with an AK downstem- Blown in California

HiSi U-Perc - Blown in California and purchased because I thought it was unique

It looks like its possible to own high end glass and still appreciate the role china glass serves in the market. Post up your collection that dwarfs mine and make me look stupid I don't care. Ignorance is not something to be proud of. I am willing to bet you are just a poser glass aficionado just spamming the forums with BS. You have 500 posts and 0 rep. Wheres all the love for your glass? Dan is a hell of an artist, but functional glass doesn't live and die with the tube you purchased

3. Even your weed is better now? :laughing:

4. NEITHER of those tubes you listed is what I was referring to. And just so you know, Rays pieces aren't thin at ALL! They are like fucking tanks. You're really looking like a dumbass dissing SSFG right now LMFAO!! I can't wait for someone else to see this post haha.

Just so you know, the reason that chubbler is "crooked" as you say is because it's supposed to be like that :rolleyes: You're attacking glass which you don't even know what it is.

Any ways, SSFG isn't the only place you can score low price quality glass. Steve Beer makes great oil rigs for outrageously good prices and Dan from Apix Design also offers high quality pieces in the same price range.

5. Your tubes are more "collectable" than mine :rolleyes: I don't really care

Your tubes can be sold for more than mine :rolleyes: I don't really care

You have a larger collection than me, big whoop :rolleyes: I don't really care

You have tubes with more work than my Apix :rolleyes: I don't really care

I never claimed that functional glass "lives and dies" with Apix Design.

6. #46 Rokintreasr, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2012
    I said that for chuckles :D

My opinion is that china glass is not near as functional as quality glass and should not be considered when making a glass investment. You guys disagee.

/thread

7. No, just your expertise on the subject does. Window shopper expert. Bye troll

8. [quote name='"Rokintreasr"']

If you actually love scientific glass as you say, you would not be dissing the worked dot's on my stemline You're bitching about my job, but yet you know exactly what my new tube looks like and what I love about my tube. And I have no idea who you are... Shows how much life YOU have

And if you say you can't "afford" quality glass you are simply ignorant. You can purchase a quality tube with showerhead downstem for $70.

^^Flat out ignorance IMO^^[/quote]

That or you posted everywhere about when you ordered that piece and about how much you love those dots. MULTIPLE POSTS mentioning those stupid dots. You can call that worked all day long, but it still isn't ANYWHERE in the realm of special. But how could I have possibly known you bought that apix? That an I like to check out what Dan had been making thus I take a gander at his site(s)? relatively often.

You are a baddie. I do not support china glass, but I do support what Badkitty was preaching. I own möbius, cowboy, ssfg, apix, HVY, and toro to name a few.

You know what happens when you assume things?

9. It's still worked. Whether its phenomenal work or not, it's still worked.

10. [quote name='"rokintreasr"']

it's still worked. Whether its phenomenal work or not, it's still worked.[/quote]

orly? Thx fer the info bruh.

11. Oh oh...

Are we done yet?

[​IMG]

12. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0j-9cCsI_4]quick snap - YouTube[/ame]
    go stemless baby!
    and why you hating on apix? He's been on the scene for maybe a year and a half and he's already making stemlines. I have a tube by him and I love it, my favorite piece for dabs.
    let's you pick up the torch and do that work?

13. [quote name='"BongSquad"']Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0j-9cCsI_4
    go stemless baby!
    and why you hating on apix? He's been on the scene for maybe a year and a half and he's already making stemlines. I have a tube by him and I love it, my favorite piece for dabs.
    let's you pick up the torch and do that work?[/quote]

Learn to read. I didn't hate on apix, I have an apix king stem..

14. #54 flammzrant, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2012
    lololol what a train wreck thread, big surprise at it being that whole china argument again :laughing:

it's hard to argue quality is comparable when a 2in drop can break one of these things but not the other
    it's hard to argue function is comparable when you can see all the holes on one piece firing near simultaneously and you see only 5% of the holes on the other firing maybe simultaneously

people buy chinese either because its cheap or because they dont know any better (side note- the people who dont know any better are usually buying a roor or a triple percd tube instead of the crappier ones with just a downstem)

i dont support the purchase or usage of cheap glass but people can do what they want; however, of course, people will always judge other people for stuff that doesnt matter a whole lot :smoke:

this dude though

probably argued in the best way i.e. like an adult :p

15. I dunno why people get there panties in a bunch when they see people fighting on the internet, this shit is hilarious.

It's nice to be on the watching end sometimes.

Dunno why people are even talking about china glass, I answered OP's question perfectly, and it had nothing to do with the quality of glass or anything of the sort.

16. I think rokn started it after badkitty posted her vid

But yeah, the question was simple, stemless means no downstem lol

17. NO!!! CHINA SOMETHING FART BONGS!

::bites flam's head off::

Later tonight Imma have up my review of the stemless GC bong buddy.

It does have flaws, but they are different than in the picture.

I'll give a complete list of issues, along with a poll for changing the description of the bong for anyone interested in voicing there opinion.

18. Prepare for the shitloaf assault :D

19. Man I love shit. Its a shame our words exchanged were taken so seriously.

I mean he's the guy that posted a picture making fun of the fact that I lost 200 dollars in glass.

And thats why I love him lol.

20. It's funny to see I made such an impression on that one little kid, who bought the ugly, rip-off, three-dot trash glass. Wow!

Don't take it out on everyone else, just because you were ripped off so badly, and didn't have the good sense to know any better until it was too late. :)

I checked out your recent posts 'Rokin', and I encourage others to do so as well, before sticking up for this fellow... you're far from a glass aficionado, you troll all the glass threads, braying on and on, about the two or three brands you like, while trashing everyone else on their purchases and gifts.

Are you getting paid or something, or do you lift your skirt and bend over for these guys for free?

The best part, is you've proven point blank that you're so blinded by name brands, that you can't even see how utterly shit that glass is (and yes, I am aware the front of the stem is supposed to be at an angle... way to grasp at straws though, congrats on making an obvious struggle for a point, and failing. ;) So are you just blind, or did you not even look at the rest of that warped $70 hunk of junk? Or do you really think it's 'all' supposed to be crooked and janky, just to match the ugly angled front piece... that's some strong denial :) ).

Yes, when anyone can get a 5 - 7mm thick, 20" bong that's actually straight, stable, has a set or three, of four arm percs, all straight, with all slits firing, that comes with a diffused downstem and an ash-catcher, for the same cost or less, I'm really going to suggest that my patients blow the little cash they have, on this glass. :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And $350 for the below; anyone else see how lopsided this thing is, and how close the perc is to the right side and how far it is from the left?

This was their BEST example of the piece!

But it's so much better, especially for a patient who eats ramen noodles three nights a week, than buying an actually-straight, and better looking bong, just because this one's ten times the price.. right? ;)

[​IMG].

There's also a difference between china trash, and half-decent glass that happens to come from china... all of which can be tested for impurities... just like all the US glass manufactured using chemicals that you wouldn't want to smoke. Shit glass doesn't just come from China, you know!

Hopefully you're aware of this, unless you're just racist, too? I wouldn't be surprised.

I do still think it's funny that you trust the food they import without question, but trash 100% of their glass, when you're probably drinking from a glass made in china as we speak. Very sensible, and well informed. :p :smoke:

Yeah, I like good glass, it's why I know for a fact you could have given a half dozen better examples than SSFG.

Besides some of the worst china glass, and new blowers in training, I've rarely seen such lazy blowing.

Sure, some of the $400 pieces are nice, but even some of the most expensive pieces, which they've selected from all their stock as 'the best' examples to use for the photos, were slanted, lopsided, and melty looking, and anything that costs less looks like feeble, crooked, janky-junk. :p

But keep telling yourself it's the best glass... you're pairing up with it very well at least, fragile glass, fragile ego and all. :)

Again, I have no real problem with SSFG. It's just average glass, and if you have the cash for it, and don't have any other priorities you need to be concerned with, then go for it.

But you're completely naive if you think everyone can afford to 'buy name brand glass that *I* like, or own no glass at all'..

I suppose you think everyone owns a cell phone, and an i-pad too?

Reality check; some folks are sick, and can't even pay their heating bills.

If a patient finally wants to make the switch from blunts and joints, to a water pipe, I'm not going to trick them into spending $80 - $100 on the cheapest, most thin, and feeble tube, with ZERO FEATURES and a regular downstem, just because it has a popular name brand.

I'm going to tell them to spend half the money on TWICE the glass, for better filtration and functionality.

End rant...

--------------

Some of these entitled little kids are just clueless.. they make ludicrously poor purchases, brag about them, and keep trying to tell people fortunate enough to have some common sense that, "no one should own bongs, unless they're name brands that *I* like... in spite of how crap the glass is".

Real mature. :)

Meanwhile, some patients don't own cars, can't even get food on a daily basis, and either have most of their meds donated, or they grow their own.

Then many other patients, don't even trust themselves to hold glass, due to their conditions. :(

Anyhow, I'm off to enjoy a 'real' bong, with something medical in it.. you know, since the only 'real' bongs are apparently blown in the US. :rolleyes:

Notice how those were actually blown with control, by someone with steady, experienced hands. All US blown.

Notice that when the horned bong bends, it does so on purpose, and it does so evenly and repeats at the same angles in all the corresponding twists. And the beaker base of the $90 7mm double perc is just as thick as the tube, unlike the SSFGs, and it isn't all warped, and streaky, and janky.

Both are gifts, from a lovely patient, who wouldn't even be able to leave her home and wouldn't be able to use a bong without my help. But keep judging... it's very becoming. :)

[​IMG]