Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Most overrated and underrated strains

• Please log in to reply

KindaLeafy

KindaLeafy

• Registered Upgraded
  • 172 posts

The most underrated & unappreciated strain I can think of is one I preach about to everyone and often post on here about: 

S.A.G.E. - (Sativa Afghani Genetic Equilibrium)

It's a hybrid. A good Sativa haze mixed with a really strong Indica. Depending on who grows it you can expect 20%-25% THC.

I feel like this is a cheap (in price, not quality) version of OG Kush. Kush's price has gone up wherever in the world you are simply down to the media; Mainly being, rappers promoting the strain.

When I have S.A.G.E. it feels like I can barely move my legs (which is a good thing) combined with the most creative & energetic high which I can only compare to Jack Herer. 

This strain is like Thor compared to Zeus (OG Kush). Or maybe some other comparison. I don't know. All I know is this thing is incredible.

It's got "Sativa" in its name and most people will tell you it's Sativa-dominant, but just try some. It's far more like one of the best Indica's you'll ever have fused with an incredible head high as a bonus. 

160841d1192132502-what-s-g-e-sage.jpg

Edited by ItzLeif, 02 August 2013 - 12:44 PM.

• Tree Of Life likes this

pandapops

pandapops

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

over: OG kush

under: betsy, white castle, gold rush, platinum

Guest_0ri0n_*

Guest_0ri0n_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

I think all kush varieties get too much hype. Compared to the shit that's available in this town I'd say it's all mediocre. The worst of all though is white widow, it's all these damn kids talk about!

I think Jack's Cleaner is way underrated. WAY. Like, if I had to fight a bull, or Bruce Lee, or Darth Vader, I'd smoke that shit, it's such a grounded and clear high.

barrano247

barrano247

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

overrated-imo og kush, its good but for me its just another good strain, nothin id go out of my way for

underrated-satori, one of the best strains ive had the pleasure to try. Also like pineapple kush very euphoric. Another personal fav is purple diesel, the sedating effect of the purp mixed with the sour d buzz makes for one of the best buzzes ive  ever had. Ive had 2 different batches of it and both were amazig.

defiantrebelion

defiantrebelion

Advanced Member

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Over- OG Kush. It' great, just a little over rated.

Under- Green Crack

Guest_hempwickchick_*

Guest_hempwickchick_*

Overrated- Purple Kush and OG Kush (og is still one of my favs because it's the first strain I ever tried and it reminds me of home but people hype it waaaaay too much) 

Underrated- Ice. Not too many people talk about it, but I think it's great! It smells/tastes like fruit and makes me feel relaxed like no other. 

LovesDiesel

LovesDiesel

• Registered Upgraded
  • 257 posts

Most overrated:  Headband, Blueberry, Silver Haze

Most underrated:  Hindu Kush, Chemdawg, Afgoo

Edited by LovesDiesel, 07 October 2013 - 11:49 PM.

SupaaBaked

SupaaBaked

Life's a garden, dig it.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,983 posts

I think all kush varieties get too much hype. Compared to the shit that's available in this town I'd say it's all mediocre. The worst of all though is white widow, it's all these damn kids talk about! I think Jack's Cleaner is way underrated. WAY. Like, if I had to fight a bull, or Bruce Lee, or Darth Vader, I'd smoke that shit, it's such a grounded and clear high.

I'm considering growing jacks cleaner. TGA genetics is an underrated seed company. They put out nothing but bomb genetics.

Overrated - white russian. It's good but it doesn't pack the kick white widow does. I think way too many people around here grow it myself.

Underrated - AK47. It's a strain a lot of people overlook but damn ak gets me heavily sedated for three or four hours. There aren't many strains that keep me high as long as ak does.

Guest_0ri0n_*

Guest_0ri0n_*

I'm considering growing jacks cleaner. TGA genetics is an underrated seed company. They put out nothing but bomb genetics.

Overrated - white russian. It's good but it doesn't pack the kick white widow does. I think way too many people around here grow it myself.

Underrated - AK47. It's a strain a lot of people overlook but damn ak gets me heavily sedated for three or four hours. There aren't many strains that keep me high as long as ak does.

Do it up.  My favorite to this day

camram

camram

Medical Cannabis Patient

• Bronze Member
  • 2,707 posts

chili420

chili420

• Registered Upgraded
  • 311 posts
one of the most underrated strains has to be herojuana. Jesus what a smoke. GDP always good. northern lights & jack herer.

overrated? sour anything. purple, unless it's gdp or purple god. headband. lemon haze.

camram

camram

Medical Cannabis Patient

• Bronze Member
  • 2,707 posts

BongRush

BongRush

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Kush's are some of the most well-known and most-loved strains in the world....

As for most overrated, I'd say the purple's that aren't purple because they should be but because they were mistreated while growing but the dumb smokers think they have the shit and brag about having "purp"...

This is true wisdom. Please heed this individual.

StonerNack

StonerNack

Strange Days

• Registered Upgraded
  • 752 posts

Overrated: OG Kush, Sour Diesel, or any type of Kush

Underrated: Most Cheeses

RidersOnDaStorm

RidersOnDaStorm

Who the fucks Chachi?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 192 posts
Overrated White Widow. Looks great but was disappointed
Underrated Blue Dream. My personal favorite

Sent from my Nexus S using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• I'm Ron Burgundy? likes this

ZoeAdvance

ZoeAdvance

Final Boss of D.A.R.E.

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Overrated: Blueberry kush (so many people in Cali love it. But up here in Seattle, a lot of my friends, dealers, and even myself say it's a really intense paranoia high with a shitty cash and burn come down.)

Underrated: Fruity Pebbles (there's not as much THC in it as some, but the high is really fun and clear and it lasted forever!)

Austria-Hungary

Austria-Hungary

• Registered Upgraded
  • 165 posts
Over: anything with purple in the name, blue dream. Purp strains give a good high yes but it's not something I would smoke everyday. Maybe once in a whole before bed. I've never knowingly had blue dream but it's ALL the kids here talk about even though they probably haven't had it.

Under: El Alquimista. Best of both sativa and indica worlds. My friend said it smells like wasabi, I think of it as more a sweet/sour Chinese food. Everyone I smoked out with it said it was bomb as fuck

TokingSince96

TokingSince96

• Registered Upgraded
  • 394 posts
I dnt think there really bad strains. Just bad growing conditions

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Rollin152

Rollin152

• Registered Upgraded
  • 108 posts
Underrated: Armageddon.

This strain will keep you high for hours

BudXtoker

BudXtoker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 405 posts
Anything with the word kush in it is overrated in my town. People are kush crazy over here. Sure kush is my favorite strain, but even I know that it isn't the end all be all, and I know that it's the most bullshitted strain as well so I have learned what good kush is

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users