Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Most overrated and underrated strains

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Valcurium, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Over: Purple Kush (i have had amazing purple kush, and mediocre)
    Under: Black Betty (only ever had an 1/8th of this, but it was the greatest weed i ever had)

2. Overrated: any kush ALMOST

Underrated: BLUE DREAM

3. Sour d deserves the hype

4. Overrated: white widow

Underrated: sweet tooth, juicy fruit

5. #45 blackey, Jul 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2012
    Whats so bad about Afghan Kush? I mean, I understand why it could be over rated but its easy to grow, gives ya a lot at harvest time, if dried properly it has a good smell, taste, and a pretty good high for being such an easy-to-grow strain.

OG Kush, sour Diesel, Green crack "Purple Haze" White widow and are all the over rated strains I can think of easily, most of the newbie smokers who I know who barely ever smoke talk about OG Kush/sour Diesel like its god/the best ever, I doubt they even smoked REAL OG kush or sour diesel people around these parts lie about what their dealing every single time.

Blue Dream, White Rhino and a bit Afghan Kush Deserve more respect.

I get shit from people when I tell them I have a few Afghan Kush plants. Most of the shit comes from a punk kid who is trying to say hes growing weed in his closet with a black light lol. Same kid is always tryin to get a cut for 10 bucks too, people make me mad.

6. So many kids think the only good strain is kush when it's not even close to the best, IMO at leastt

7. Arent Kush strains like, real heavy indica that grow small bushy low yielding plants? I can't remember exactly what Ive read about Kush but it gave me the assumption that its the lowest quality strains in terms of yield/thc.

Which my grow contradicts that statement because I have a 4 foot tall Afghan Kush plant with 23 preflowers o_O

8. [quote name='"blackey"']

Arent Kush strains like, real heavy indica that grow small bushy low yielding plants? I can't remember exactly what Ive read about Kush but it gave me the assumption that its the lowest quality strains in terms of yield/thc.

Which my grow contradicts that statement because I have a 4 foot tall Afghan Kush plant with 23 preflowers o_O[/quote]

I actually didn't know that but yeah not that kush is Bad just definitely overrated
    But kudos to you dude for having any 4 foot plant especially a dank one, more than I could do growing-wise!
    Plus I haven't smoked afghan myself but many of my friends say it's their favorite strand of kush

9. #49 blackey, Jul 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2012
    ^.^ Afghan was the first bud I smoked, and I was blackin out every other second from laughing so hard. Probably was my newbie tolorance tho lol. I thank my luck on having such a tall plant was due to the high percentage of nitrogen I had given the plant ever since germination, kept it in its 20 ounce solo cup for a few extra weeks it became very leggy but now is really bushy since it started flowering. Gave her Plant Tone + 1 TBSP Gypsum its even taller/bushier.

maui wowie i also want to add to my most over rated strain.

10. [quote name='"blackey"']

^.^ Afghan was the first bud I smoked, and I was blackin out every other second from laughing so hard. Probably was my newbie tolorance tho lol. I thank my luck on having such a tall plant was due to the high percentage of nitrogen I had given the plant ever since germination, kept it in its 20 ounce solo cup for a few extra weeks it became very leggy but now is really bushy since it started flowering. Gave her Plant Tone + 1 TBSP Gypsum its even taller/bushier.[/quote]

Fuck yeah dude that's how you do it, you're gonna save so much money on that shit, I wish I had the conditions to grow. Sounds like that's gonna be some good bud though

I'm gonna have to try me some afghan though haha, and I saw some people mentioning that white widow is overrated. That may be true but for me white strains are hard to come by so I fuckin love when I get them

Blue dream is a classic though:(

11. I cant EVER find Blue Dream unless its out of a dispensary, and poor me living in a non MMJ state. I think Blue Dream is clone only which is why I can't find any street dealer with it.

12. White Rhino may be underrated. I mean, it's popular, but you don't hear it brought up too often and it can be really rare (around here anyway). A friend grew some a little while back and holy fuck, it was amazing. It was definitely up on the list of best weed I've had. I could take a small hit and by the time I exhaled I would feel so much higher than I was just seconds ago, and that was on top of a decent tolerance.

I'm sure it's not always that good and this may have been just super well grown.. but yeah.. shit was really good.

I can't say any are really overrated. I've never had any strains that were like... way worse than I would've expected unless it was because of poor growing conditions or something. Which you can't blame on the weed itself.

I kinda think some of the Hazes are overrated just because I personally don't prefer the high as much as I do others. It's not bad or anything, but I think some people may give it more credit than it's worth. But then again it's still really good and I can't complain if I get to smoke it

13. White Rhino or Blue Dream, the only two strains I have ever smoked that got me high in one hit, and seemed to cure my depression. My slight depression I had back when I smoked it. I took one hit and it was like I was re-born with a mental illness free mind =D

14. [quote name='"blackey"']I cant EVER find Blue Dream unless its out of a dispensary, and poor me living in a non MMJ state. I think Blue Dream is clone only which is why I can't find any street dealer with it.[/quote]

yeah man same here with the illegal state. But this guy used to always have blue dream so it was my default strain for a while, I'd get it prolly every other reup. Never got sick of it, and everyone loved it. Fluffy as shit and gets you nice and spacey :D

Just hearing you guys talk about white rhino is making me want it so bad haha it's been waaaay too long. I feel like any white strain just fucks me up, which I love cause I have a ridiculously high tolerance:(

15. I actually retract my OG kush as being an overrated strain. I have smoked OG Kush, it was old stale and rock hard but it still was the best weed I had in a while at the time. Ya only get about 14 grams per plant but their small, one could easily grow some really great quality OG kush in a closet.

Blue dream and White Rhino give the same kind of high, with a few differences, both are incredible at demolishing depression. When I smoked Blue Dream I was not the fucked up kind of high, it was more of a complete mind calming, depression killing, intelligent high from only three hits. If your lookin for a strain that will give you absolute concentration on a subject Blue dreams definitely the way to go.

Its rare that I get weed that gives me any effect other than dry sticky red eyes, and just a sort of "dumbing" effect with a mild body buzz.

16. Underrated : blue dream , jack crack

Overrated : Charlie walker , I wanna say OG KUSH but I've never tried it but I will cause so many people post on here they got OG KUSH .... When they don't even know or they don't care as long as they dealer said it was OG KUSH so it's bomb I think that name has a placebo affet

17. Half the time I'm not even told what strain I'm getting cause he doesn't remember or care but neither do I cause it's always amazing. When he does tell me the strain it's always correct though.
    I miss that blue dream though that's what I loved about it I got such a deep mindful high so relaxing you could meditate haha

And it's very good for depression as you said

18. I hate when people tell me they have "purple haze"

Like no you have something purple which doesn't even mean its that's good

19. Overrated: Anything purp, ESPECIALLY GDP. Damn son you got that Urkle crossed with Big Bud? Shit's fire as fuck :rolleyes:

Underrated: Chemdawg/Massachusetts Super Skunk , cousins of OG and Sour D that no one really talks about.

20. [quote name='"blackey"']I actually retract my OG kush as being an overrated strain. I have smoked OG Kush, it was old stale and rock hard but it still was the best weed I had in a while at the time. Ya only get about 14 grams per plant but their small, one could easily grow some really great quality OG kush in a closet.

Blue dream and White Rhino give the same kind of high, with a few differences, both are incredible at demolishing depression. When I smoked Blue Dream I was not the fucked up kind of high, it was more of a complete mind calming, depression killing, intelligent high from only three hits. If your lookin for a strain that will give you absolute concentration on a subject Blue dreams definitely the way to go.

Its rare that I get weed that gives me any effect other than dry sticky red eyes, and just a sort of "dumbing" effect with a mild body buzz.[/quote]

Ive personally seen over 120g come off an og kush plant.....that being said i agree its not the best plant for yld. But good og is top notch smoke forsure, and im not bias towards the kush's atall