Linda reviews the GlassCity - SNOB collaboration 7mm triple perc stemless bong!

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Superjoint, Mar 28, 2012.

1. #21 HxCurt, Apr 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2012
    Man, I gotta say, very disappointed.

Crooked percs, hardly any visible percolation in the video, really lame milk shot, hitting it crooked... I don't know, I've enjoyed Linda's reviews before but not this one.

As for the piece, it looks pretty decent for the price, but I hope the quality control doesn't let too many crooked percs out... my 8arm snob/glasscity bubble was straight as hell!

And as for this:
    you're*, too*.

2. Grammar police all up in here now!

I was so dissapointed to see this piece go out of stock this morning...literally I was about to put an order though and when I refreshed the page - out of stock alert me when they're back. -.- ruined my day. Hopefully...they'll be back by the 4/20 sale? But that's probably just wishful thinking. I too wonder about the actual quality of the sample pictures are taken with a crooked piece. Surely they all can't be crooked but it'd be my luck to get one so bent out of shape..

3. Well I mean... You would think that they would pick the most flattering tube for the sample photos, no?

4. #24 flammzrant, Apr 1, 2012
    [quote name='"InstaBlaze"']Well I mean... You would think that they would pick the most flattering tube for the sample photos, no?[/quote]

You'd think so.

I'll make this post longer once I watch Linda's vid, though I doubt my opinion will be much different from the others.

Edit'd since watching:

"A little short, at 2ft........pretty tall"
    :laughing:

In context, no, not even close to a triple perc, good defense kliff (I guess it's literally close in terms of wording since it has one less than 3, but it isn't close to a 3rd perc)
    (Side note- I reaaaaally hope you're not that condescending to your students, worst type of teacher is the one who knows you're not an idiot but still chooses to treat you like one, ime)

"Let's take a hit from this, I wanna do it so you guys can see it"
    (Proceeds to stand up and hold tube at an angle twice instead of setting it on the desk I'm assuming she's sitting at, just so she can show us that it will still function at least halfway when you purposefully use it improperly.)

Is Linda not allowed to point out the flaws? Crooked trees are a big deal, I think, especially when you're trying to boast about quality and sturdiness.

The only specifications she mentions are the names of the percs, thickness and height of the tube.
    Welds matter. Uniformity matters. Straightness matters. Reinforcements matter.

Also, not her fault, but I wish companies could start using at most 2 names for stuff, UFO is a dumb name imo :laughing:

Alsoalso (mini rant) the base on the GC dub bub does not look awesome. Slanted bases are fucking duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumb imo, whether it's Luke Wilson's 15arms GC/Weedstar or even SG's old school bubs, it just looks dumb and (since no one has told me they do) offers zero advantages, except MAYBE stability but no one has confirmed this.
    Alsoalsoalso, why give it 2 diffusers when the second one is just a single hole.....idk
    /endrant

In my honest (and not rude or disrespectful at all) opinion, Linda's reviews are about as good as Nuggetry's. I only like Nuggetry's better because they have sicker glass, I don't really learn much from either.
    I think Linda has said her vids are for the more uneducated though, so I guess I should stop expecting more.

Nice glass SJ, improvements can always be made though.

5. more like lol @ her poor attempt of a bong review.

edit: sorry. I didn't read the end of flammz' post. I haven't seen any of her other reviews and didn't realize the audience they were geared toward. My apologies.

6. single perc:

[​IMG]

double perc:

[​IMG]

triple perc:

[​IMG]

percs refer to water, when referring to waterpipes

7. #27 flammzrant, Apr 1, 2012
    Oh, I want to bring something up too.

Kliff made a thread about this piece (and the GC dub bub) a week or so ago and I made a comment about Hans making crooked trees with his years of experience, to which kliff replied, it's Hans's design, he didn't make them.

To me, a collaboration is when two or more artists collectively work on a piece, physically having a hand in the piece's making.

So if what kliff said is true (which it is not hard to believe, it'd be hard for one man to have a hand in all those), this piece (at least by my definition) isn't a collab between GlassCity and Hans, it's a GlassCity piece designed by Hans.
    You can make your argument that it's still a collab because Hans did work on the piece indirectly, but that doesn't do it for me :D

Not looking to hate, just looking to clarify :smoke:

8. so non-collab, double perc? LOL

9. Don't count the down-stem as a perk...Am I the only one?

10. DAM so i guess i waited too long to get one .....Kliff or SJ any chance this will be restocked soon?

11. #31 kliff2004, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2012
    Well shitloaf was talking like an asshole, and so was the guy he sided with, so I responded like an asshole.

Name-calling isn't tolerated here. AND - if someone else is violating the rules that doesn't give you leave to violate them as well. - WW

I'm actually on you guys side anyway.

I don't think it should be referred to as a triple perc. Not because its a factually incorrect statement, irrespective of the context its used in.

But because, like I pointed out, most people simply aren't aware it actually is a perc.

So everyone just stumbles along and see only trees and a circ and goes "hey I count two"

So you need to advertise in a way that people can understand.

Are there 3 percs in this? yes. context or no. It has three percs.

But is that the best way to advertise considering how people think?

No.

Shitloaf could have chosen to give some constructive critism but he didn't. he was just talking shit. So I responded in a way that was appropriate to how he was speaking.

Hell, he even posted a picture calling a downstem a "single perc"

Which I guarantee none of you would do. His first picture is a simple beaker base bong.

But he is technically right. Which I guess inadvertently proves my point.

High five shit.

12. Where'd that sentence about being a teacher with the grammar errors go?

:D

13. #33 kliff2004, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2012
    yay for personal attacks on the internet ^_^

well, regardless of any issues anyone has with the piece.

It sold out in less than a week.

14. triple perc? theres only 2 percs in it. Bullshit

15. #35 kliff2004, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2012
    Lol, I gotta stop standing up for GC.

keeps getting me into trouble.

Funny enough, the last linda thread was the last time I got a "name calling" warning.

16. Someone should start a poll on this topic to make a official ruiling on this. Personally its a double perk.

17. Speaking of mis-categorization, shouldn't this be in the 'Collab' section as well?

18. Linda can't hit a bong right and obviously doesn't know anything about glass, this review is kinda lame, can't believe this is a stick and the milkshot thread or high end thread isn't.

19. [quote name='"Paul420MW"']Linda can't hit a bong right and obviously doesn't know anything about glass, this review is kinda lame, can't believe this is a stick and the milkshot thread or high end thread isn't.[/quote]

Hate to say I agree with this. I'm not hating gc, this is an astonishing piece, and I kinda want it. But linda =/ I know you say your reviews are for the misinformed but you wouldn't have to change much in your review. Can't get a good look at the glass in the video, can't get any look on how it actually functions, and you don't tell us squat =[.

And you've seemed not so adept in taking criticism in the past, but I hope you don't take this too offensively. You could really get a much better review easily!

20. This is a great piece for the money. That being said, the person who makes these reviews should be more concerned about hitting the piece at the correct angle so the consumer can see how the percs actually function. I want to know if those trees fire when the piece is hit correctly. I'm not really interested in seeing a woman read the GC description.