The North East Growers Thread

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by brett119, Mar 25, 2012.

1. I don't even know what it looks like

2. I dunnno, but the plant I just took smells like somthing is rotting, nosigh=nd of rot, but it smells bad for some reason???

3. [quote name='"sirrwilliam"']I don't even know what it looks like[/quote]

You'll know, brown horrible smelling shit that has spores and is flurry

4. Eww, no mold here. Sounds bad.

5. And it turns your buds to mush

6. Yup I spotted my first signs of grey mold today on my buds. I had to pluck a nice fat one to stop it from spreading and with a few days of rain ahead Im sure it is not the last of it :mad:. I just hope I get away with half my harvest....

7. [quote name='"phyer"']Yup I spotted my first signs of grey mold today on my buds. I had to pluck a nice fat one to stop it from spreading and with a few days of rain ahead Im sure it is not the last of it :mad:. I just hope I get away with half my harvest....[/quote]

It's inevitable man, I understand and feel your pain

8. Rain the next 3 days straight for me. I'm honestly thinking about harvesting now man.... They are only 6 weeks into flower but bad weed is better than moldy weed....

9. [quote name='"phyer"']Rain the next 3 days straight for me. I'm honestly thinking about harvesting now man.... They are only 6 weeks into flower but bad weed is better than moldy weed....[/quote]

I'm in the same position, except 4 days for me. I don't know what to do. I'm going to harvest the furthest and keep the other ones that aren't as far along because only the dense ones I've found get mold because they are more thick and not as much air gets to them. For the earlier ones it shouldn't be a worry

10. I kept my best ones goin. Harvested 4 last nite, got a whole room full of buds hangin. I have 9 left that i hope i can make it 2 more weeks with, rains comin though. I plan to pick 5 next thurs and then 4 the next week

11. How much longer do you think I have left its pretty late in the season but I think I'm gonna have to let it go to Sept. Idk tell mewhat you Think

Attached Files:

12. ^^ Probably at least another 6-8 weeks. I think you mean october though, september ends in 2 days.

That plant looks like it might have some kind of def from the purple stems I would check it out. Other than that it looks good, pretty frosty for how young the buds are.

13. #333 sirrwilliam, Sep 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2012
    Yeah I meant October lol
    Edit: and I think that's from nitrogen def. Along with lower leaves rapidly yellowing off

14. [quote name='"sirrwilliam"']Yeah I meant October lol
    Edit: and I think that's from nitrogen def. Along with lower leaves rapidly yellowing off[/quote]

Happens to a lot of people, I just pick them off

15. [quote name='"bandit3357"']I kept my best ones goin. Harvested 4 last nite, got a whole room full of buds hangin. I have 9 left that i hope i can make it 2 more weeks with, rains comin though. I plan to pick 5 next thurs and then 4 the next week[/quote]

Yeah, cool I'm kind of doing the same thing with mine. Do you have a scope to check the trichome colors? Post some photos of the buds you have hanging and your plants dooog

16. I have one left outside, I had to pull 5 early. The one left standing is an a.k clone. Its 8.5 ft tall with monster buds. The hairs on the bud are kinda burnt looking at this point. Its been really wet up here im not sure what to do??? Should i pull her

17. It's gonna frost in a couple days (31 at night)what do I do?! My plant still has atleast a month I'm pooped

18. [quote name='"sirrwilliam"']It's gonna frost in a couple days (31 at night)what do I do?! My plant still has atleast a month I'm pooped[/quote]

I'd leave it out if I were you and then check it the next day if it dies then you can rip it but one degree should not ruin your plant. With a month left you won't get really anything if you pull it this early, why not leave it is my opinion

19. Hey man they have the tichomes building thats good. Someone may have already suggested this but here goes. Next year get some of those black or green 55 gallon plastic barrels. Cut em in half at the center. 2 planters, 2 plants in each one, unless you know they are ladies. put a few holes for drainage then get some composted sheep manure and mix it 50/50 with some top o the line potting soil. I am up in northeastern canada and this is my method. These are the results. Check it out dude. They told me it could not be done.
    2012 - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery

Grow forth and prosper my friend.

20. Hey man usually they can handle the frost no problem. I wouldnt sweat it too much dude. Let them mature.