Pill Bottle Pipe

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by Mr Owl, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Crafted her out of a pill bottle, two pens, and some electrical tape. What do you think?

Attached Files:

2. fail.

refuse to hit that/10

3. Inventive that's for sure but I would've just bought some papers for 2$

4. i never thought a pill bottle could harm you more then the pills....but once again i am proven wrong....

on another note... you should name it "cancer pipe".

5. Jeez a bit harsh. Mind telling me why? It's simple, but very effective.

6. Okay am I missing something here...? What are you guys seeing that is unhealthy?

7. ^^ just look at it man and think

8. anything home made and not glass will get you flamed on this forum....put on the flame suite....more is to come.

9. The only part that heats up is the pen, and it's stainless steel so it poses no threat. Yeah it looks pretty sketchy, but its harmless.

10. Smoke is hot. Heat + plastic = fumes.

11. Yeah, If you're lighting the pill bottle... I'm lighting the pen.

12. if ur over 18 just go buy a 5 dollar glass spoon and get flamed less.

13. I have a bowl but it's at a friend's house. I had weed and nothing to smoke out of so I crafted this. It's perfectly harmless.

14. The 'best' plastics still release chemicals when they are used as they are intended, but the FDA 'allows' it.. mainly because switching pharmaceuticals to glass would be too expensive, and would cut into the profits. Even the plastic bongs made by 'real' distributors release toxins, and while they often aren't, these bongs should ultimately be retired after a year or less.
    Folks who are health-conscious go so far as to pour their milk, and other food items, into glass containers as soon as they get home from purchasing them.

I'll give you this, though.. minus that pen, 'most' pill bottles are a bit safer, than a few other plastics you could have chosen from. :p

But still, you've taken something, that isn't necessarily great for you to begin with even after a few weeks, or months of exposure to normal light and environmental conditions alone.. and now you've started breathing through it, while pulling hot smoke inside as well.

That's why folks are giving you a hard time! That, and if you can afford your smoke, you can afford the right tools to use it much more safely. :)

15. bad kitty ur needed in the kief butter thread. i got this one under control

16. Thank you bad kitty for actually giving me a reason why this is bad. Oh well, I'm only using it as a backup when I don't have any other way of smoking (Which shouldn't be very often) so I'm sure I'll be fine.

17. [quote name='"Mr Owl"']Thank you bad kitty for actually giving me a reason why this is bad. Oh well, I'm only using it as a backup when I don't have any other way of smoking (Which shouldn't be very often) so I'm sure I'll be fine.[/quote]

because I didn't give you an answer or anything :rolleyes:

18. I thought you were thinking that I was somehow burning the plastic. I didn't know that just breathing through barely heated plastic posed any serious health hazards.

19. The smoke you are inhaling is extremely fuckin' hot. That hot gas is enough to produce plastic fumes.

You don't need to expose it to flame for it to produce fumes man.

20. I'd hit it.