Do you think George Zimmerman deserves to be charged with murder?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by A.R.C., Mar 23, 2012.

1. Bullshit. Britain has gun prohibition and knife crime is just as much as a problem here as gun crime is over there. Only citizens can't carry knives here to defend themselves.

2. Why should a responsible minor not be allowed to defend his life due to an arbitrary age limit that doesn't take maturity into account?

So the answer is to leave children defenseless against gun crime?

3. Because you're 17 and a strange man is questioning you and then chasing you down when you run? Why would you not?

4. #44 Americandutchyz, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2012
    Thats a kind of illogical response. Even within the same race we have notable physical differences. We're all humans. Maybe some races are better at certain things etc. but isn't that logical? We're all from different parts of the globe, and had to adapt to different things.

From what I've heard the guy needs to be charged with murder regardless. Considering his previous paranoid/tin foil hat wearing record, he at least needs to be charged with involuntary manslaughter. He provoked the kid by following him and sketching him out. If someone did that to me I'd walk up to the car and see whats up, no sense in delaying the inevitable if the guy is following you and obviously wants a confrontation.

Another very valid point IMO is that this was a grown ass man. The kid was 17 years old. Isn't an adult supposed to be more mature than a teenager? He should be held responsible for what he did, as an adult he should know better than to shoot everyone who looks a little "suspicious". Its also his responsibility because he had no valid reason to shoot. "Oh I got punched in the face" "Let me empty the mag into this kids head" wtf???

EDIT: and to the people who are saying hes justified in shooting him because there was a "struggle". For fucks sake you seen how fat that dude is? He had at least 100 pounds on that kid. All he had to do was sit on him...

5. #45 JDX, Mar 25, 2012
    Have you guys seen this? A different look at the situation.

trayvon.tk

6. Yeah I don't know about you, but im not waiting until hes close enough to killing me before acting. He had walked away and left for his car when he was attacked. Fending off an attacker shouldn't require remorse on the defenders part, he did what he felt was necessary at the time. The goal should have been to stop the attacker, and that's what he did. I'm sure if he had alternative self defense skills/tools it could have ended differently, but this kid chose to fuck with a gun owner. (conceal permit, didn't say he was aware of it).

I'm sure many will lie to themselves and say that they could keep their cool and completely analyze the situation while being unexpectedly attacked at night by someone you had suspected earlier of committing a crime, but I :bongin:doubt it.

7. #47 Dannyscott, Mar 25, 2012
    I dont exactly feel as the defense of Mr.Zimmerman is fairly portrayed. I mean everyone jumps to the conclusion this child is an angel and this man really was in the type of condition or initiative to chase down this boy because of his color. I mean for christ sake the man looks bout several different races and lives in Florida of all places.

[​IMG]

I mean you see him holding up gang signs, he probably was annoyed by that guy that takes it upon himself to keep order in likely a very low income area.

8. You live in a fucked up world. He chose to fuck with a gun owner? Seriously? The guy FOLLOWED HIM AROUND, how did Trayvon choose to fuck with him? Where is it initially that Trayvon says, that guy over there I'm gonna mess with him. Like somebody said earlier, if someone is following you around and wants a confrontation it's best to go deal with it, it doesn't mean he deserves to be shot because some vigilante wanna be was getting his ass beat after following around a 17 year old. Oh and 911 TOLD him not to follow the kid, they said they would take care of it, and he continued. He did it on his own, after calling the police, he continued to follow Trayvon. Then shot him when Trayvon tried to fight him?

Also while maybe some people are doing it, I'm not one of those people saying Travyon is some angel. Shit he might have been up to nefarious shit THAT night. That doesn't mean another person can just follow him around, ignore police orders to stop, then when a fight breaks out shoot the kid and say he was in defense of himself. That's just fuckin crazy.

9. Unless i'm completely misunderstanding three different links posted here, it says that Zimmerman was heading back to his car when Martin attacked him. So to me it sounds like Martin was attacking Zimmerman for following him even after he had stopped.

Fucked up world? I choose to acknowledge that there are people who do not have my health or interest in mind.

10. #50 Americandutchyz, Mar 25, 2012
    While I'm sure the fault was on both sides, it doesn't make either side justified in what they did..

Having 100 pounds on a guy is no small advantage.

Not to mention the fact that pic up there conveniently leaves out the fact that he has suffered from paranoia/has called the cops 46 times in a relatively short span of time.

EDIT: and he wasn't throwing up gang signs he was flippin the camera off.. Something thats pretty common with the youth today :laughing:

Its also a fact that someone who is 28 is more muscularly matured than someone who is 17. With 100 pounds on the kid he could have easily wrestled him to the ground and just sat on his ass.

11. That kindergarten-style collage of propaganda is disgusting. A lot worse than what you see on the MSM.

Like wow; the guy is sagging his pants, sticking up his middle fingers and SMILING?! What an overwhelming turn of events, ladies and gentleman. :rolleyes:

12. #52 muney420, Mar 25, 2012
    He was crying for help . Sad man truly sad. He had 100 pounds on the kid how he going to say he was on his back?

13. If someone follows you around all night, then goes back to their car for something don't you think you might be the least bit worried they don't have your health or interest in mind? Maybe Trayvon thought he was going to get a gun at the moment, I know I would be afraid of that.

I also still don't understand, Zimmerman, is bloodied up and was apparently on his back, but was somehow able to grab his gun during the struggle and kill Trayvon?

14. Why can't I just assault homeless people who follow me around asking for money? Oh yea, because it's against the law for me to do that. Why are homeless people allowed to follow me on public streets harassing me for money? Oh yea, because it's perfectly legal to follow somebody down the street asking them questions. Might not be a good idea late at night, but perfectly legal.

Last thing on my mind is assaulting somebody just for following me and asking what I'm doing there. I might be prepared to deal with physical violence, but it certainly isn't my first reaction to somebody following me and asking questions. If I reacted like that to people, I might have been dead a long time ago.

Seems to me, the narrative here is one of thuggish street rules. Zimmerman had every legal right to follow Trayvon down a public street and ask him whatever the fuck he wanted to ask him, and Trayvon should've had the capacity to respond without beating his face in. I have ZERO sympathy for thugs who chase people down and beat their faces in just for asking the wrong question. Zimmerman just might have prevented somebody else from the unfortunate circumstance of asking Trayvon the wrong question. (you don't get suspended from school for having good grades and acting civilized)

15. Zimmerman is shorter than Martin was, and had asthma. I've seen tall, thin athletic guys easily overpower heavier guys that were 10 years older than themselves.

16. With the conceal permit, i'm sure he had the gun on his person. He didn't need to go back for a gun, its simply a huge assumption and not the rational choice.

17. It's not perfectly legal, it's harassment.

Thugs? He was a fuckin highschool kid. You're telling me you wouldn't be paranoid about getting to someone first if they followed you around asking you questions in the middle of the night? Zimmerman doesn't have any legal right. He's a fuckin neighborhood watch, it's his job to call the cops if he sees something suspect. He thought he did, and he called, and they told him NOT to follow the kid, but he continued. He has no legal standing, no authority, in short, it's none of his fuckin business what Trayvon is doing there.

You call him a thug because he got kicked out of school, and assume Trayvon attacked Zimmerman for asking the wrong questions, but never come to the thought that maybe Trayvon was scared for what might happen to him if he let this guy out of his sight? I've been followed on the streets at night before, it's never anything good. I was ready to fight the guy who was following me, had he got out of his car.

We are missing so much info in this case that will never come to light because we only have one side of the story, because the other side is DEAD. Did Zimmerman say anything hostile before going to his car? Did he threaten Trayvon? Did he announce to Trayvon that he had a weapon and was willing to use it as Trayvon approached him? When during this scuffle did he find the time to pull his weapon out and fire accurate killing blows?

So much about this doesn't make sense, but these are the facts;

A clearly paranoid man, with a gun, was following someone around in the middle of the night after being told not to by the police, later he shoots the man who he is following after a fight that could've easily been instigated by either of them. You're telling me the man with the gun is not at fault here at all?

18. I'm saying from Trayvon's view, Trayvon doesn't know this man has a gun and a permit and for all he knows he could be going back to the car to get any sort of weapon. I've never been followed by someone, who suddenly decided that it was enough and went to their car and just drove off. Just sayin'

19. So... this means he has to kill him? At least make some effort to shoot him in a nonlethal area.. I know its harder than everyone thinks it is, but where did he shoot the kid anyways?

20. #60 Thicken Dense, Mar 25, 2012
    Not if there are no witnesses, it's one man's word against another's.

And? High school kids don't act like thugs?

No, I wouldn't. And I've had a serious addiction that took me to the worst neighborhoods in NY. My response is one of self-preservation, and that doesn't always involve violence.

That about sums up the attitude about the whole thing, seems to me the only one who has any rights is the kid who was beating Zimmerman's face in.

He was told by a dispatcher not to follow for his own safety.

Care to back that up with something other than conjecture?

Correct, but does that give Trayvon the right to react with violence?

^ speculation, maybe he did, maybe he didn't.

"after being told not to by police"... the police are not our masters, if a cop tells you NOT to do something that's perfectly legal for you to do, you are under no obligation to follow his advice. Zimmerman was legally allowed to carry a gun, and legally allowed to follow people down the street asking questions. Go on and tell me all about your street rules.