Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best Strains For Migraines?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Sur, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Hey GC, I was wondering if y'all knew of any strains that are really good at helping out with migraines primarily, but also with stress too? Thanks!

2. I would think any indica strain would help in both respects

3. Marijuana Strain Effects - Leafly

Critical Mass/exodus cheese would be the easier strains to find

Also threshold doses of psilocybin is known to help with cluster headaches and migraines

4. I make tincture from all strains at different times and they all seem to work.:smoke:

5. lots of strains will help with migraines. some better than others. but leafly.com is a good website for strain info.

6. Afghan kush gives me unmatched tension relief for some reason and It's great for stress too.

7. I get tension headaches. Best relief for me has come from Hindu Kush.

8. Indicas, especially Kushes are great for migraines/headaches but my go to strain has to be Blue Dream. Just enough indica in it to stop my head from hurting, and more than enough sativa to get my mind off it.

9. I've had great luck with Sour Diesel and Diesel crosses. Grape Diesel was one of the best. Also Headband and OG Kush are good IMO.

10. I have my card for Migraines and I find that the more Indica-dominant hybrids usually have the best result in terms of suppressing and relieving my headaches. I got some Jack Herer and Blue City Diesel from a place last week that worked great lol. And as for the stress, I haven't had much luck finding buds that relieve my anxiety but the ones that I have are Durban Poison and Grapefruit.

11. Headband works well on the pain from a migraine headache.

12. Heavy indicas work great for my migraines. And if it doesn't get rid of the headache, it can make it a lot easier to just sleep it off.

13. every strain suggestion posted on this thread is an indica. that should tell you something, OP ;)

if you can find pre-98 bubba kush, go with that. it has an extremely high CBD content, as well as being a strong indica.

-OSUB

14. I would say try some pretty heavy indicas for both...
    It is going to be all about how your body responds to the meds...Purchase little samples of different strains and see what works for you.

15. I agree about the indicas. I've tried Sativas but they GAVE me headaches!

16. Well I just had a bad one. Went totally pale and felt like I was going to puke and couldn't stand the light. Some Headband really helped when the other strains I smoked didn't do a thing.