Vape Experience & Learning thread.

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by RandomThoughts, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Do do dodododo do do do do
    do do dodododo do do do do
    do dodododododo do dodododododo
    do do do do do do do do...:D

2. Do you know at which temp the tars start vaporizing?

3. Do you know at which temp the tars start vaporizing?
    i personally like to vape at 345 cause im scare of getting the tars but my friends vape at 400 is that too much?

4. i have the extrem Q and besides the elbow wich i drop i never have broken any parts but my friend hast it and he knock off the vape and the midlle glass piece broke wich is not hard or more than $40 to replace
    its a great vape been using mine for 2 years and still going!!
    i would also recomend the No2 its the only portable vape that draws as good as the extream and it can also be use while its plug in

5. i think 220c or 428F i think

6. 200-220˚C, or 392-428˚F. But your friends are probably fine. :D

7. Thanks for the excellent thread! I have only the Vapir O2 but, like you, it took me a while to get INTO vaping! Now, I wouldn't want to smoke. I do want to get away from the cords, so I'm looking for a more portable means. Thanks again!

8. #130 jay-bird, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2012
    After you have discussions with your doctor about the effects of smoking on your health he will likely (like mine did) always be telling you to quit. I felt like I had shortness of breath and lower lung capacity. After doing tests on my lungs, my doctor found that my lungs sounded like they had excess mucous in them. One time my doctor actually told me that my lungs sound "like shit".

Well After buying a vaporizer and vaping for about 9 months now I can say I feel a drastic change. I can take big, refreshing deep breaths easily again. After going back to my doctor, I told him to check them out and that I cut back on smoking (omitting the fact that I still vape every day.) He believed me and said my lungs were doing much better.

He prescribed me some Promethazine DM to get any excess mucous out and I have a lot of it! I took a couple teaspoons and saw colors and had vivid dreams! o_O

9. I just recently picked up a Arizer Extreme Q 4.0 and I must say it is an amazing little vaporizer. I used to frequent the local vapolounge to hit their volcano's and always wanted a vaporizer for home, the Volcano while nice is certainly not that friendly on the wallet especially the digital version which really is a must in my opinion. I saw the Arizer and was blown away by the price I had to try it even if it turned out to be junk. Well for me it works great, sure it sucks it doesn't have the same valve as the Volcano for the balloon but it still does the job great and has some other nice features. I modified the whip to take an oxygen mask so you can just strap it on your face and go.

The stone is definitely quite different in comparison, I have been toking some hybrid master kush and I have been finding that I have been getting more of a sativa dominant (thc) high from the vapor then the Kush dominant (cbd) high. Of all things I smoke mostly for my asthma, I don't get attacks but without MJ or the harsh drugs they perscribe my chest is tight, of course smoking irritates the lungs a bit which isn't great if you have asthma; however the benefits from the MJ was worth it. Now with the vape I get all the benefits and my lungs feel amazing. MJ is an expectorant and a bronchial dilator so naturally it opens up your air ways and makes you cough up phlegm, after a week of only vaping the shit I have been hacking up is nasty, if I didn't know it was tar and crap from my lungs I would think I had cancer or something.

I dont think I can give up my bong 100% as we have had a 13 year relationship, but it certainly wont be seeing much action anymore, probably just a nostalgia toke here and there.

10. *When did you start vaping and why?
    Two years ago, my boss sent me a Christmas bonus for $100 the same week I heard about the MLFB. I figured eh not and ordered it. 2nd best purchase I've ever made, next to my card.

*What models have you used, what's good and bad about them? I only own the MLFB and the only bad thing I have to say about it is that teaching new users how to get vapor and not waste it. The only other vape I've used has been the Volcano and I loved it. That's the next big purchase I'm looking forward to this year. Can't wait to host sessions.

*What have you discovered about vaping since trying it?
    Keeping a cold liquid under my tongue lets me draw in thicker vapor before it starts to burn my throat. Opun exhale I feel like a dragon instead of a teapot.. Best metaphor I can think of on the spot haha

11. You Inhale heated marijuana fumes, that's totally different.

12. Yeah, it is.

13. #135 MarkoPolito, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2012
    Hi guys, sorta new still on the forum so I haven't read through all the posts on this that may exist, so I'm just going to ask.

I am looking into buying a Vaporizer, and I don't exactly have $500 to spend on one. I was looking at something really cheap for a starter, to sort of test out the feel of it since I've never used one. How much do you think a decent vap would cost minimum?

I was looking at a few on Ebay for up to $50, but again I can only judge them by the looks. Anyone have any suggestions for me?

(Also the main reason I am getting one is to try to preserve my lungs a bit, joints and bongs have been taking a little too much out of them lately)

14. [quote name='"MarkoPolito"']Hi guys, sorta new still on the forum so I haven't read through all the posts on this that may exist, so I'm just going to ask.

I am looking into buying a Vaporizer, and I don't exactly have $500 to spend on one. I was looking at something really cheap for a starter, to sort of test out the feel of it since I've never used one. How much do you think a decent vap would cost minimum?

I was looking at a few on Ebay for up to $50, but again I can only judge them by the looks. Anyone have any suggestions for me?

(Also the main reason I am getting one is to try to preserve my lungs a bit, joints and bongs have been taking a little too much out of them lately)[/quote]

You definitely don't have to spend 500 dollars, but you absolutely need more than 50. In the 100 to 250 range you'll find the best vapes out there (the only one worth above this range is the cloud. The volcano is not). For 150, you can get the Da Buddha, easily one of the best if not the best whip vape on the market.

It is well worth the 150 investment, and I couldn't recommend it higher. It'll last a lifetime and then some. It also easily hooks up to a bong, something I highly recommend. Going vapor doesn't mean giving up glass.

There are no cheaper desktop that Id recommend. But for 150 you're pretty much getting the best. For a portable, I recommend the arizer solo. Its a tad bulky, but gives great vapor and is also 150. Finding a higher quality portable would be a diffictult feat. The MFLB is the cheapest I can tentatively recommend. Its the worst vape still worth buying, and its strong points are its size and price. At 70-80 dollars its a tempting deal, but it doesn't compare to the solo or buddha even slightly.

In my opinion you're better off with a decent investment. There's no need to break the bank, but "testing the waters" with vapes that are more likely to dissapoint is just a waste of money.

15. Thanks for letting me know. I figured spending too low wouldn't give me the best experience, that's why I posted to ask.

Anyone else got any inputs?

16. No love for the Arizer Extreme Q?

17. [quote name='"packdabowldawg"']

No love for the Arizer Extreme Q?[/quote]

Haha sorry I just put one desktop and top portable, at least in terms of his situation.

But OP, he's right, the Extreme Q is a great vape that the GC vape section adores, and can also be gotten for around 150. Personally I like the Da Buddha a bit better, but the EQ does bags and whips, which is pretty neat.

18. Buddha IMO does have an edge over the q on the whip. Comes down to if you'll ever ever ever want to do a bag for me.