Vape Experience & Learning thread.

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by RandomThoughts, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Be wary my friend you just scuffed the tip of the iceberg, and VAS (Vape Acquisition Syndrome) is lurking around every corner...

2. okay so I'm fresh out of bud and my vape had just been cleaned so there's no hope there, it's been a dry past few days and all I have to my name is a good sized joints worth of abv I do just really wanna toke on something so assuming there is no eddiblies that would actually work with this little is putting it in a joint my best option ? Not saying a good one but as things go my best ? Lol oh yeah the abv is actually a very light brown with some dark green in it if that makes a difference, I stop capital the minute I don't get thick thick clouds of vapour after that the funs gone for me lol any suggestions will be a good help if anyone's awake :)

3. The ABV is probably best taken as an edible.
    Using the ABV for a joint has two drawbacks. Firstly, a lot of the thc has already been vaped off. Secondly, you would be taking in smoke.

Alternatively, you could put the ABV on a one-slice peanut butter sandwich and get a hit for about four hours (there's even a Youtube video on this). On top of that, you could vape on an e-cigarette for an extra nicotine kick.

Of course, you could have a joint to remind you of the good old days. But I think ABV is best with peanut butter or brownies.

4. TONS of great recipes here from steel cut oatmeal to chocolate truffles to cheese cake, to oils to butter to pasta to..............
    http://fuckcombustion.com/forums/cooking-with-cann...

5. Can't say I'm fully converted just yet I do still have a weakness for a good joint! But back to abv problem is I hate peanut butter I know silly but I just couldn't eat it and never really save enough abv at a time to make a full batch of brownies or something

The link there is good they do have so many recipes but then there's the wait I mean half hour at best to start feeling effects?! If I had no other herb then I wouldn't be complaining but hey maybe I'm just impatient what would be perfect is an edible that actually tasted nice was really easy to make and didn't use alot of herb or abv now that would be worth the wait lol

6. Make abv caps! Go to your local health food store, pick up some 00 caps, grind your abv real fine, fill the caps up, take 3, and hold the fuck on! 3 caps gets me stoned for about 4 hours, and usually takes about a half hour to 45 minutes to feel the effects. You might want to start with 2 caps to check how you react to them.

7. so like capsule pills you can really buy empty ones of them and just fill them up with abv ?? And this works like nothing more to it just swallow them down in one? Iv heard something about fat content being needed in food any relation to this as it seems like a great idea in theory

And does the 00 mean like size or something would I would into althea shop asking for that or what lol

8. And 4 hours really that seems like a long time how big are these caps haha I think with this convenience the half hour to hour wait definitely seems worth it

9. I find that alcohol tinctures hit me a lot quicker than oil-based edibles. (Especially if I hold the tincture under my tongue. You might give tincture-making a try if you are looking for a fast-hitting edible-type experience. :)

10. 00 is the size of the caps they're about the size of a standard multi vitamin. There is no fat content needed, this is tried and true. I do find they perform best on an empty stomach though. As far as the method I use, that's all there is to it. Good luck!

11. cheers for this hopefully it will be a successful way of using abv :)

12. out of interest what temp do you vape at and how would you describe the colour of your vaped herb just thinking of the effects you say this can lead to

13. I have some golden Dragon marinating right now. It'll be my first try at a tincture so hopes are high!

I vape right around 385 with my HA and solo, and my abv comes out just a touch lighter than a bar of chocolate. While with my mflb it comes out a lighter golden color.

14. That's not bad I'd say I vape a tad lower than that so hopefully could get some good experience with the capsules but while it's been mentioned tinctures ?? My guess as you mentioned alcohol in the process would be that you would need to have saved a large amount to do this but even so if someone could explain what they are and how you would make then it would be greatly appreciated

15. I tell you what I did a good amount of research chosen what vape I wanted to buy but never thought there would be so much to learn around to area of vapourization, makes it even better in my opinion

16. I'll give it another go here with the tincture, but this is strictly from research as my first batch is still in the process. There's a bunch of different methods, but I'm trying this one because although it's time consuming it's also the easiest. I've read people have good results using as little as 7 grams of abv. For mine I'm only using about 10 grams for a trial run.

What you'll need:
    1 mason jar
    1 container to put your final product in. I'm using one of those amber vials with the dropper for a lid.
    Cheese cloth or coffee filters
    Everclear 190
    Abv of course
    A freezer

Grind you abv very fine (I used an electronic coffee grinder). Put your ground abv in one of the mason jars, and put it in the freezer for at least a couple hours (I did 24 hours). Take your mason jar out of the freezer, and put just enough everclear in to cover the top of your herbs. Shake your mixture for 5 minutes every day for a month. After a month strain your mixture through the cheese cloth or coffee filter, so there's no plant material in the solution. Clean the original mason jar of all plant material, and put your mixture back into the jar. Leave the cap off the mason jar for another week to let some of the alcohol evaporate. The final step! Bottle your final product into the amber vial, and store in a cool dry place. I plan on using one half of a dropper under my tongue for my first try, and adjust accordingly.

Any corrections anybody had feel free! I'm still a noob at this whole tincture thing. Cheers!

17. wow that is quite a time consuming process but hers hoping the results are worth it and I'd say at least the method is simple and no real special equipment needed, just to be clear you don't let all of the alcohol evaporate as I'd rather not end up getting drunk ;)

18. What you would do is when you finally put your finished product in the mason jar, mark the amount of liquid on the side of the container with a market every couple of days and when it stops getting lower you're good to go. I don't think you'll ever get all of the alcohol out strictly from this method, but you probably could if you used the double boiler method. I'm too chicken shit for that though...190 proof everclear is extremely flammable.

19. that makes sense yeah how brilliant that would be if it took a matter of days! But then iv always been impatient haha and as for 190 proof that's nearly 100% ethanol if I'm right yeah that sounds a little dangerous but then most people vape to avoid smoking amount many other reasons so let's hope not to many people strike a match close to that!

Obviously this is a trial for you but the method is known to work then I mean a few drops of this stuff that's all that's really needed after all it comes from avb!

20. Hi, guys, completely green to the vaping world here. My girlfriend's been on me about the health of smoking and she's not cool with me smoking wax out of my trusty glass pipe anymore so I promised her I'd give vaping a shot. After watching a few youtube beginner's guides and reading through these forums, I can safely say I'm overwhelmed. Vaping is definitely its own world. I wanted to start with something pretty cheap and easy and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this wax vape pen model or something similar. Is this something I could easily use to vape wax or do I need something different?Cheap and easy are both the operable words here. Thanks!