Vape Experience & Learning thread.

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by RandomThoughts, Mar 20, 2012.

1. It will probably work with wax/oil, but as far as dry herbs go it is a portable electronic combustion pipe. I am not sure how to use said device though as I am not familiar with that particular product.

2. Its a vape but in the shape of an inhaler for stealth. You could have a Ferrari engine in a Nissan micra, its the same sort of thing..not sure if I make any sense ganjed over

3. As i said ive heard that its a shitty vape in the form of an inhalor. I would advise you buy a vape based on functionality. Be sure to post back and correct me if im wrong.

4. Correct, turns out a friend has one and he said its great, just its made of metal so when it warms up its too hot to hold

5. #585 orbweaver, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2014
    Well, I presently am nicely mellow off of barely a pinch of weed, and I say this as someone with a moderate tolerance. This would be the equivalent mellowness of about 2 hits off my pipe.

By "pinch" I mean the same pinch as when a recipe calls for a pinch of salt. A pinch. Not a whole friggin' nug in between your thumb and index finger.

I was wondering what I was doing wrong before, or if I got an inefficient vape. I have had my vape for about a month and typically would use one to two bowls per session.

So my new trick is just taking my time with it instead of trying to suck down a whole bowl in one hit. I put in a little bit of finely ground weed (the best thing for this - has been my cheap, plastic $7 pill grinder from Walgreens Pharmacy - NOT the expensive weed specific grinders I also have) - a fine layer - I start on a low temperature and just gradually work my way up until I can no longer get anything at all from the small amount of herb. I use a 1:1 CBD:THC strain and it's important for me to get the other cannabinoids and the CBD when I vape. 

Well - wow - ok, "nicely mellow" is an understatement. This one is a creeper! When I started the post (5 minutes post-vape) I was just slightly mellow (about a [3]) and not expecting to really get high (nor really wanting that at the moment). Now I'm at about a 5-6. And I'm sitting next to my mom right now, haha... geez. Hope she doesn't try to have a conversation with me. I think I'll go into the other room... any minute now... going to go get a cup of coffee I think... 

Vaping is so great, it's like having a TV remote control for your weed, I get as many experiences vaping the same weed at different temperatures and for different periods of time, as I get from vaping different strains. There are just so many nuances that come out. Smoking to me is pretty much smoking but there are about 5 different experiences I can have with vaping one strain of weed. I can't wait to teach my mom how to use the vaporizer.

Edit: OK, not so bad, back at 2-3. But here comes a nice head creep feeling. Ahhhh. 

AMEN! A pinch is my unit of measure too. Seriously a pinch goes a long way especially if you're an inward person who is conscious of their medicated-ness.

I normally drop about 0.3g give or take in my flowermate and that's plenty for the work day!

Yep, sometimes less is more. Sure, I can put in two pinches and suck down a bag and a half of vapor if I want. But I'm finding that the longer I've been using weed, the more my relationship with it changes - I am actually having a better time of it with a moderate tolerance than I did as a lightweight, because I can get to these nice light to intermediate functional highs (or even just take the edge off) that I couldn't get when I was going from zero to couchlock in 5 minutes off of two hits. Most of my stuff is dank medical dispensary mj so that's a lot of it, too.

8. It's activated. Avb is already decarbed.

9. Hopefully this topic is the right place to look for some help? If anyone could look at the details on my topice arizer extreme q broken under vapouriser I'd be grateful as iv hit a dead end. Thanks

10. #590 TheMixer, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2015
    I LOVE vaping, so why not contribute. It might help someone out :)

*When did you start vaping and why?

Started vaping this last year because i wanted to cut back on smoking to improve my lung health and stop spitting up so much phlegm. Did it's job so far. Also because i wanted to get the most out of my bud and make edibles with the vaped bud. And i have and they were mindblowingly amazing.

*What models have you used, what's good and bad about them?

One of the first vapes i ever used was a Pax. Very good vaporizer with good vapor production and portability and stealthiness. One thing i didn't like was the odd plasticy taste it would tend to get and whenever the outh piece would get stuck. Loved vaping and dabbing the reclaim tho! mmmm mmm mm 7/10

My first vape purchase was an Ego Battery and Gentleman's Cart atomizer. It was a-ight. Did it's job and pushed towards getting more vapes! 7/10

My next vape purchase was then a Divine Tribe's smooth ceramic coil atomizer with a Ego V V3. Awesome combo. That dude has cheap atomizers for 2 for 15, and i found him off another forum, Fuckcombustion to be exact. Search up guys; google that shit :)
    Awesome vapor product, adjustable heating settings. Only drawback is that the casing for the atomizer is a little bit long and you'd have to pack a small dab every no and then to avoid makiing the inside messy. Toothpicks come in handy!!! 8.75/10

I have also tried a Magic Flight Launch Box. 100 for a lifetime warranty is awesome and thinking of getting one just because of that fact... but thats later on. I have tried the power outlet and like it better than using the little batteries. Very fresh taste of herb and a little bit of wood after taste from the MFLB casing. Super easy to use, slight learning curve by heating the chamber and pulsing it in 2 to 3 second intervals while hitting it. One drawback is the heat of the vapor and the less prominent vapor production as opposed to other vapes. 7/10

Now, my Arizer Solo... I love this thing soooooo much!!!! One little bowl pack, probably less than .2 grams lasts 3 sessions until you can't hit it anymore and need to repack it. It has 7 heat settings which 4-7 are awesome! I love using hash in it too, making little hash and wax sandwhiches makes a bowl last even longer. Sometimes twice as long. You get the full taste of the herb and i never ever had a funky tast from my Solo. I bought an attachment that lets it hook up to a bong, so lately i've been vapor bonging like a madman. Amazing vape and soooooo totally worth the 130 i got it for, along with the additional stems. The vapor production is unlike any other! Anf the taste is amazing. Super efficient. A 9.5/10, only drawback being that it's less portable and public. BUT i have hit it in the rain and on gloomy days like i was sipping a sport drink, on campus, in front of cops.... and like nothing, non chalant vaping into my jacket hahahaha. The kick back beast. Guys, i HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Solo. And i know where to get a bubbler attachment for cheap too! 20 as aopposed to the f bomb of 90 $s, fuck that :)

I have also tried various rebuildable mods, which requires a little know... so a battery wont explode in your hand, pocket, or face... fuck that :( They work good! And cost less than 100 to make. Check out WaxPaynes wax pen thread if anything, and i'll be adding to that thread too

*What have you discovered about vaping since trying it?

That i have saved alot of money!
    That my lungs feel so much cleaner and i can breathe better!
    That i can taste all my bud and my sense of smell is returning and recovering from smoke damage!
    That i can save my vaped herb and make some mindfucking edibles and tinctures!
    That hash tastes way better in a vape and hits and lasts twice as long!
    That a gram of bomb wax will last me a month, more or less... that's less than a dollar a day of being high as fuck as least once a day.
    That i will never go back to smoking as much as i used to.
    That my tolerance went down!
    That.... well... vaping is fucking awesome guys.

11. Ive had the Gpro for almost three weeks now and so far i have had a great experience, besides from people telling me it combusts (witch it dose not i've found that after buying it) its great.

12. #592 lwien, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2015

Grenco is sending in a lot of shills here today.   Check out what's going on in this thread>> http://forum.grasscity.com/vaporizers/1351827-g-pro-grenco.html

There's been 3 brand new members here today with their very first posts pimping the GPro in different threads    Hmmmm..........I wonder what's going on.....lol.

Man, if a company is going to send in the shills, than at least they should send in those that know how to do it right so that they don't get busted right out of the chute.

13. So how bout them solos?

14. Yes!!!! I have smoked from age 16 till age 38.  Im an old hippie and I do it for the flavor.  The ability to taste the pure essential oils rather than burn em up made me enjoy the plant even more after all these years.  You can buy a low priced home with a wip unit and they work not to bad really... nevrr know til y a give er a try

15. #595 drummerben04, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2015
    Comment removed by me

I have to say the MFLB is perfect for anyone willing to perfect their technique. I would say its actually kind of hard to use, though I didnt have too much trouble to begin with, tons of friends of mine struggle with it. It did take a while to perfect super fat rips from it (with tons of vapor) and its well worth it. And for the battery deal, I'm not too sure what everyone complains about... it isn't something you can toke all day (unless you have extra batteries) but one or two will definitely get you baked! They have a new power adapter though that is such a great investment. It allows the battery to never really run out and you can adjust the heat! I probably wont ever invest in a new vape aside from mflb... such good quality, and once you get the hang of it (and trust me, I know tons of people who have one and still don't really know its capacity) it is well worth your money. Plus it propbably needs 1/4 of the weed i have to use to feel satisfied with my bong/pipe. Maybe more honestly (I only do one chamber full in this thing but typically two bowls for a bong and 3 for a pipe).

17. So, I may be late to the party but anyway...
    I have a Crafty and while the battery and overheating issues cause concern, at the moment I can't get more than 6 solid pulls from a full bowl. Cleaned it to no avail.
    It takes a ton for me to feel bongs or a joint, so any suggestions for getting the most bang for my buck would be a huge help.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. No worries man, I'm just telling you how it sounded. If it don't apply, let it fly..

19. [​IMG]

20. After 40 some years of fattys and bowls I spent some of my slush fund (loose change jar) on an arizer solo. So far ....so fu#kin' good. The device is working as prescribed in the manual. The purchase coincides with a grow that just got chopped. The two are match made in heaven. Can't wait til the crop gets cured cause this stuff is gonna have great head to it. After two weeks of vapes I rolled a fatty and the paper taste was nasty. This vaping experience is just what the doctor ordered. This technology is only going to get better.