Vape Experience & Learning thread.

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by RandomThoughts, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Have any of you been smoking daily for 15-20 years give or take a weekend or two for t-breaks? any of you people also tobbacco smokers?

I just dont see how anyone who has smoked longer then a decade "for recreation" could switch over to vapor as a daily thing .I can understand if you had to do it for your health or if u wanted to do it for your health, But saying vaporing deliver's so much more of a better high/ longer high with so much less material then smoking just makes me feel that none of you have been smoking multiple times a day for longer then 10-20 years or so or none of you smoke ciggarettes and you still get high like teenagers where it only takes a little itty bitty booger to get you high.Yeah we all remember those days,we all had iron lungs and could take hit after hit after hit and never quit.these days i gotta wait ten mins between hits cos my chest hurts so much.

So i guess what im really asking is any of you been smoking ciggarettes and buds daily for 20 years or so and tried a vaporizer and found it crap loads better like everybody seems to be saying here ,even with your massive tollerence.

2. Vaped with a few friends before and I enjoyed it, will be buying my own very soon. What are some ways to keep the vape whips clean without damaging them? Might sound like a silly question but, I don't want it getting TOO grimy.

3. Occasional washing.
    There's bong cleaning products - they'd be pretty good for taking off the stuff that will build up. Yeah I don't like mine getting all goopy.

I use a eucalyptus spray on/in them too, that takes it right off.
    Don't know if you can get that everywhere though?

4. Awesome, thanks for the tips. Def going to use it with my brand new VAPE!

5. Just make sure not to leave it soaking in any products that it advises not to - I understand that this can cause a flavour of the substance to stick around.
    Detergent vape probably wouldn't be too nice eh.

6. #46 hexor, Jun 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2012

I have smoked both tobacco and herb daily for at least 10-15 years. I got my vape about 2 yrs ago, a Vapor Bros.
    The first time I vaped it was like when I was in high school. Oh My God! I LOVE IT!
    There is technique involved, but man, what a difference. And yes the taste is sooo sweet!

7. Nice to see Centizen around - a familiar face from FC :)

This is the Vape Experience and learning thread and here is my abridged version so I don't bore y'all.

I got into vaping when my uncle contracted lung cancer over a year ago - unfortunately he lost the battle about a month ago. I decided I didn't want to go out like that and investigated vaporizing. After about 3 months of investigating I bit the bullet and got an Extreme Q for home and a Magic Flight for on the go.That was about 10 months ago and I haven't looked back.

Since then I have amassed a collection of vaporizers (about 20) including many famous brands and some not so famous. In my experience all vaporizers I have tried and own can produce good vapor if the right technique is used. I will not put my money into any of the cheap boxes as they are unreliable and have questionable materials.

I'm a big fan of flame based vaporizers as well as more gadgety ones - but my favourites are log vaporizers. Reliable, good looking and function great.

8. I read the first post and felt the exact same way through my vaporizing experience.

I think anybody who is looking for knowledge on vaporizing should start by reading that first post in this thread.

Thank You for taking your time to write it.

9. I think vaping is the smartest way to smoke weed, and I love it, but I am just curious as to the long-term, negative effects of using pot in a vape. Do any carcinogens or anything still remain? Does it take a toll on your lungs at all?

10. Cool, no worries.
    My thoughts are that it's important to educate others about it - Including the ups and downs and everything you're likely to expect when you go over from smoking.

I'm not 100% on that.
    I know that it's significantly less.

The opposite. It improves the lungs.

11. I bought a Vapor Genie a couple days ago and just got it. Gonna try it out today (first time vaping :), kinda excited). What does everyone think, did I make a bad choice or am I fine? Any tips?

12. I have the VG Classic and Coil. They are great vaporizers. They take a little getting used to but perform excellently when you have your technique dialled in - a great entry to vaping imo :)

13. Got into vaping last Christmas when I was home over Christmas break. I got the WISPR as it holds a good amount and I don't have to recharge it everyday.

Best experience was going to the movies with it. I put it in a large drink container, and then fit a straw through to the mouth piece. Movie theatre was packed and no one even knew.

14. im actually in the market for a good vape but dont know what to get/i have been researching as much as i can and all the info i can find are those small portable one.

i dont need it to be stealthy or anything just a good vape
    i got a budget of 2 bill help me out gc!!!

15. #55 KingsApothecary, Jul 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2012
    [quote name='"nameth2004"']im actually in the market for a good vape but dont know what to get/i have been researching as much as i can and all the info i can find are those small portable one.

i dont need it to be stealthy or anything just a good vape
    i got a budget of 2 bill help me out gc!!![/quote]

Arizer Extreme Q for sure.

It's what I have as well as many other blades. I cannot suggest it highly enough. No pun intended. :laughing: I use it daily.

http://www.amazon.com/Arizer-Extreme-Q-Vaporizer-Controlled-Quieter/dp/B0036Z5UJC/ref=pd_sim_misc_1

16. Dude I've honestly only ever had one vaporizer for about 8-9 months now and the fact that I've seen no need to look further speaks volumes for my DBV....the Da Buddah Vaporizer has totally revolutionized my pot experience. Granted, I'm no expert since I've never had another model, but I'll tell you: it rests on my computer tower that's nested in my table to my right and I basically sit there, play Diablo with the hose in my mouth all day erryday XD fucking great....amazing highs, smooth lows...depends on the bud of course but my recommendation is the DBV especially because it isnt monstrously expensive, relatively easy to use and low maintenance as shit

17. wow these things are so hi tech haha
    price is not bad i only used a vape once and that was at a friends it was a little box one that could connect to the wall or car it hit alright.

does this one run on batts or wall?
    from look at the pic it look like it has a temp control and the price isnt bad at all

i was looking into a ssv or dbv retal there over 200 but i found this
    Amazon.com: Black Da Buddha Vaporizer DBV Herbal Vaporizer: Health & Personal Care

i saw another deal Amazon.com: Silver Da Buddha Herbal Vaporizer w/ FREE Hemp Bag & FREE GRINDER: Health & Personal Care
    you get a hemp bag and a grinder:D

smell isn't bad on it huh? man off topic but i wish i could live that life i still need to get d3 but i have so much stuff to buy and this shitty job doesn't help

what i like about dbv is there is a lot of replacement parts for it.
    does it run off charge,bats or plugs into wall?

18. Ok, pieces of advice. Do NOT buy this product from anyone except the official site/auth retailer because the savings are not worth no warranty. There is a coupon code for the DBV floating around the internet....oh btw buy from vapeworld.com they ship free and are an authorized, warrantied retailer...plus u get a free grinder as a gift it sucks ass but u can sell to a noob for like 10 bucks....also as a player of Diablo 3 i have to say of it comes down to DBV or D3 get DBV first cuz D3 ull be bored of in 2-3 weeks and DBV will give u years of epicness if u treat it right...replacement parts are easily available, u plug it in to the wall no batteries to speak of...really its perfect for the price...u shouldnt pay more than about 180-185 for it with the coupon its like 15%-20% off the code for vapeworld should be on the net...the biggest smell comes from the used vapor whip/hose so ull be bagging tht up tight if u get it

19. #59 Capital, Jul 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2012
    I have been lurking the vape section for awhile now and I, much like RT described in his original post about his past have yet to have a good vape session. I have spread my glass collection and grown it quite significantly over the past several years. But I still have not breached the mythical "vapor world".

I have tried vaping from a MFLB, Iolite and various others and just have not yet had a good vaping experience. I share many of the same experiences and opinions that RT shared in his original post and just overall discontent with the vaporizers I have tried.

That being said, I have and continue to see some very cool set ups and options for vaping around these threads. I continue to read threads like this with hopes that I have just not found or tried a vape that suits my likes and needs.

I am willing to take a leap of faith and invest in a good vape in hopes that I will be able to put my discontent about vaping to rest - that being said, I am hoping someone could point me toward a couple vapes that may suit me.

I will more than likely always vape through a water pipe, so I am not interested in anything that can not attach to or be utilized with an 18mm glass joint.

20. Hey man, glad to hear it and I'm happy you read what I had to say.
    I know where you are - you're at a stage that you've tried a few things, they haven't worked and yeah, it's really disappointing...because if you're considering it, you want to look out for our health or get some good flavour while enjoying, it's really disheartening when it doesn't work for you.

If you're considering a GOOD vape, bear in mind you don't need the best.
    I still don't have a volcano and I'm not likely to any time soon - it might be brilliant but it's not really budget friendly for most people.
    What's your price range?
    That way we could better advise.