Vape Experience & Learning thread.

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by RandomThoughts, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Thanks Mr. Horsepower (quite a name!) I may just IM you if I can figure out how to do that. I'm new to this forum and haven't figured it all out yet.
    Iwien- I'm 65! Not that old, right? I've got 30 good years left!
    Otroo: I ordered a fancy pants grinder at the time I ordered my Solo baby.

You guys are great! What a journey. I certainly can't ask my kids how to "do" this. I certainly won't ask my teenage grand children! They probably know how, but I still want to be known as their crazy grandmother without blaming it on anything other than my personality. They will learn when they are old enough. They know my 60s stories so when I'm gone and they find my Solo on the coffee table, I know they will just shake their heads and say, you go grandma!
    The cool thing is that my 67 year old husband will sit next to me and probably swat my hand away so he can grab the sweet thing!
    Am I a lucky girl or what?
    Back to questions:
    -how fine do I grind it?
    -what is the best way to store my garden bounty?
    -what is the best temp to heat the Solo to? I don't want to burn it. I don't want to waste the weed. But I want the temp that will make me sleep (I have always struggled with insomnia) and I need to make my leg pain go away - at least for a bit.

I'm still working and The last thing I want is to make my fellow employees shake their heads, more than they already do!

This should not be this hard in this day and time!

Thanks
    I

2. Oh. I forgot. See - old!
    Where can I get those screens for my Solo?

Thanks!

Well, you're 5 years younger than I so I guess it's all relative.

4. When toking from a Vape (dry herb) does the thc get absorbed in the mouth or are you supposed to take it into your lungs just like a joint or a bowl?

5. #565 lwien, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2014

http://forum.grasscity.com/vaporizers/1333516-toking-dry-herb-vape.html

The vaporizer that you have will not vaporize dry herbs, but to answer your question, you are supposed to take it into your lungs.

6. #566 orbweaver, Sep 20, 2014

This is the best post, it made my day. My mom (61) has just gotten into smoking weed (she smoked it back in the 60s and 70s here and there, but this is the first she's ever been a regular user let alone had access to really good stuff). It's really been great for her and she's really grown as a person. It's been a terrific life enhancer for both of us but also effective medicine for our health woes.

As for grinding it - your mileage may vary, but my experience with my Arizer Extreme Q so far is that it likes a fine grind. I get better vaping using a cheap plastic pill crusher that grinds it into fine bits, than a "grinder". But others get better results with the grinder. 

If you need to medicate during the day, you might try a high-CBD strain... though this is another "your mileage may vary" thing. Try a 1:1 cbd/THC strain; eventually you'll get used to the THC and function better but the CBD will still be hard at work on your pain. 

Some of my friends who have to medicate at work, swear by oil pens, because of the form factor/stealth/low odor/not needing to carry around a smelly stash. 

7. Orbweaver,

I think as we mommas age, we get better and more open to life and it's opportunities. The grandmothers should be in charge. There would never be another war and no children would ever go to bed hungry or cold!

I'm glad you have access to different "strains". Where I live you have to strain to get it!

I'm proud of your momma!

Be interesting to see if I can do the grinding with my bifocals on without directly inhaling the stuff.

Treat your momma well.

8. #568 Crony, Sep 20, 2014
    Hello and welcome to the forum! I myself have the Arizer Solo and I can offer some help. 

As with any vaporizer, you want to grind it as fine as you can. This allows your herb to have an even and consistent vape throughout.

If your family is cool with mj and what not I don't think storing it should be an issue. Just make sure it doesn't get wet or gets exposed to extreme cold or extreme hot. They give you a little bag for your glass stems. If you really want to though you can save the bud that has been vaped and re-use it for edibles. 

I would recommend heat settings 3-5. Particularly 4, is the best in my opinion. Obviously the higher the setting the more dense your vapor clouds will be be. To me, heat settings 6-7 are rarely used if ever. This is because anything past 5 and you are vaping at 400*f which is starting to get close to combustion. 

9. #569 orbweaver, Sep 20, 2014

Yeah, I am so fortunate to live in California and have a med card!! I'm so spoiled; I probably seem like I'm gloating, but I never want to go back to smoking random weed again. 

This will bake your noodle - my mom and I pass the bong back and forth (haven't been able to get her into using my vaporizer, but I'm trying) once or twice a week. We were in counseling to try to work out some of our differences (we were fighting all the time for a while) but discovered that when we were high, we could just honestly talk the stuff out. We fired our counselor and joke that we have a new one named Herbie Greenbaum.  We smoke together and reminisce, talk about the family history, et cetera. We have been getting along great since we started smoking together. She plays for me the music she used to listen to "back in the day" when getting high and she tells me stories about being a teenager/young adult in the 60s/70s. It's been a real bonding activity between us. 

I'm 40 and she's 61 and it's been a whole new chapter opening up in our relationship. It's been great.

BTW: she's a pretty straight laced middle class Jewish lady who's into Soroptomists, Rotary Club, et cetera. Most people would never guess she smokes weed.

10. Good for you guys! Beats prescription meds that just increase your anger and make you want to not communicate.

People think nothing about sharing a bottle of wine or cosmos with your mom! But, those sessions don't always turn out so well. I bet in 10 years society will have a shift in thinking. A lot of societal barriers are coming down these days. It probably makes your mom happy. All mothers and sons get prickly. I know! Any chance to bond is good!

My son is also in his 40s. When did that happen? But, I'm not getting older......am I?

My grinder came today. Solo should be here Wednesday. WooHoo!

11. #571 orbweaver, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2014

Mothers and daughters (which I am) get prickly, too, especially when you have to deal with two grown women under one roof, lol! It's been fun. My mom taught me to roll a joint and I taught her to hit a bong. Now I get to teach her to use the EQ.  

I think society is already shifting a bit, it's really amazing to me how many of my friends came out as weed users after I opened up about having a medical card. I'm a person who hangs with a pretty diverse crowd - everything from professionals and business types to struggling artists. Most of the enthusiasts I'm friends with are actually from the former group and most have high income careers and a buttoned-up image. It's my poorer or less stable friends that are nervous about marijuana, many of these don't even drink.

12. Wow. That was really very sexist of me! Don't know why I assumed you were a son! But, remember........girls rule! I'm old enough to know better!
    Maybe because I do know that 2 women in the same house is crazy, crazy. I don't think I could do it. I give you credit. You guys are finding your way. Who cares how it happened. It did.

Good for you!

Most of the people I know who do weed are the professional and business types. But, I am not sure they'd be any more fun stoned! It's our diverse friends that I would rather be with. That said, I am content to be just with my husband and living doing my thing. I have a few medical issues and extreme insomnia. I sure would like a better way to handle these things than medications. I'd just be thankful for a full nights sleep. That's my goal. I'll keep you posted! Cross your fingers. It's a journey isn't it?

13. This is true for a lot of vapes, but not all vapes. Check out the herbalaire...No grinding required...at all B)

14. Lets just say don't try a light bulb vaporizer...lets off a smell that lasts for days, VERY noticeable lol. I have my eyes on a vape that looks like an inhaler...NOW THATS STEALTH ✌

15. Ive never tried one but I heard its a waste of money. Your pretty much paying for the form because it dosent function well.

16. ^^ Ditto.

17. Davinci ascent doesn't need to be as fine as possible from my experience, few turns in the grinder and its good enough.

Another thing that used to bug me with the mflb.

18. Paying for the form?

19. I have recently purchased an Evape Premium kit. I've never used a ape pen before and don't know which parts go where and what products are placed in which compartment. It is a lovely portable Vape that can use bud, wax or oil, but I don't know where to put the weed. CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS? I've emailed the distributor to no avail. I need to start vainglorious for medical reasons.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum
    Dr.high

20. it looks like an inhaler.... if your expecting any more then that you will be disappointed.
    Pretty much what I am saying is I heard that its a POS