Vape Experience & Learning thread.

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by RandomThoughts, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Thought I'd share my vape experience here. I just started vaping this weekend, and its such a better experience. It was a little weird at first and I wasn't sure on it. But after a few sessions with my MFLB, and the next day with my new Pax, I was pretty much sold on it. It was a little bitter sweet as I've always enjoyed my waterpipes and glass pieces, but I think I'm done with those now. 

I've noticed I use less herb and take in way more vapor than I ever did smoking. Plus, the buzz just feels better. I'm giving away my MFLB to a good friend as he's really curious about vaping. I'm going to stick with my Pax for awhile, but I have a Vaporblunt 2.0 coming in this Friday and I really can't wait for that. It just might replace my Pax, or give my Pax another purpose (such as my travel piece).

Also the equipment I've had to by to make sure everything is ground up right has changed. I had this piece of crap grinder that had diamond shaped teeth. I bought a Santa Cruz Shredder when I got my Pax.... Wow... It really shreds it up good, fluffs it up a bit, and with the 4 chamber model, it catches all the crystals and lets them build up. 

Vaping has really changed the way I handle my herb. I seem to respect it more now.

2. #483 lwien, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014

No need for it to be bitter sweet as there are many, including myself who love to run their vapor through their waterpipes.    It's called vaporbonging and for me, especially when using very warm, almost hot water, the end result is..............................smooooooooth.

Takes vaporizing to a whole new level.

Damn you had to tell me that haha! Well, the nice thing with the Vaporblunt 2.0 is it has a glass tube attachment which turns it into a Vaporbong, so I can definitely give that a shot, when I can afford the attachment. I've been spending waaaay too much on vaporizers over the last few days, so just gotta settle =) Lol loving this stuff so far tho!

4. #485 spincut, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
    While I guess that would indeed work, has anyone really weighed in lately as to how well it works? Given all the bitching about Volcanos (it's not "for parties", I've seldom used it for more than just myself, and it's one of the best machines I've ever used to smoke up. While I'm sure there are others that would be even more suited, I would hardly put the Volcano anywhere but the upper echelon of devices), I would be surprised if it suddenly can be converted into an ideal bag/whip combo.

5. My friend has his classic set up with a whip. Just uses a stem that attaches to the bowl amd the whip

"Volcano everday, baby." - Darth Vapir

6. What's a good vaporizer for dry herbs, and waxes?

Sent from my iPodusing Grasscity Forum

7. Search before you ask a question please on behalf of the admins and mods it helps create less clutter. I go search and find 20 threads just for the question you just asked. Thanks not trying to be an ass but it helps in the long run.

8. I can't find an answer so...

I'm buying a vape pen for the first time and my parents know I earned the money working so what should I tell them if they ask where my money went? They know I would likely spend it on my longboard but if thy know I didn't what should I tell them??? Please no hate lol

9. #490 blrossjr79, May 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2014

Tell them you took a date to an expensive restaurant and a movie? That's a $100+ night easy. If the pen is an expensive one but if cheap just say a movie date that's about $40 at least.

10. #491 ThaCrakken, May 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2014
    So I bought a vape a few.months back and it hasn't got the use I intended it to. Its an Arizer Solo, and honestly, I am really failing to enjoy my vaping experiences, and I don't get why. Bongs/jays/blunts/pipes do the trick just.fine, but with the vape I simply always find myself wanting more,.whereas after a good few bong tokes I feel satisfied. What am I missing blades?!?!

Sent from my ST26a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

You're missing all of those toxins like carbon monoxide and benzine that are not present in vapor and that provide a high of their own. 

There are a few people who will never like vaping because of this along with not getting some CBD/CBN's that can only be had through combusting so what ya need to do is to stop smoking altogether and just vape for 3 weeks to give your body a chance to wean itself off of those toxins.

12. Makes sense, kinda makes me wish I just started with a vape. But thanks for the advice, only problem is im sitting here looking at like 400 dollars worth of glass bongs :(

13. #494 lwien, May 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2014

That's not a problem.    Just hook up your vaporizer to your bong for some vaporbonging.

The two best vapes to do this with are the LSV and the EVO being that they will provide you with an all glass air and vapor path. 

14. As does my Solo, but yeah I've tried that before. Thanks man :)

15. #496 Dat Dank, May 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2014
    Vape #4
    The MFLB.
    I don't believe I've ever read so many positive comments on a vape as I have with this one. To be honest, it wasn't my favourite vape...largely because the batteries just seemed to get drained too damn fast.
    That said, it's a decent little unit, it's SUPER discreet, an idiot could use it without trouble, and it gives hm, "pretty good" vapes.
    I have no real problems with this unit, and I would probably recommend it for someone that wanted to covertly use weed outdoors, but yeah just wasn't my thing.
    *Nice and discreet. Looks like...a science experiment?
    *Easy as all hell to use
    *Batteries run out too quick and take too long to charge
    \nResult - Enjoyed, but I was missing something...so I went back to the one I loved the most...

The Magic Flight Launch Box is an amazing piece!  I've yet to try the other ones mentioned in this thread, but the poster forgot to update, so here are some interesting facts about this remarkable vaporizer....If it breaks or it stops working, the company will send you a new one "free of charge"....what other company is going to offer a lifetime warrantee like that? They've also recently upgraded the batteries to lasting longer. Each battery can get about 15-20 rips and the amount of weed needed to get you high is far less than other smoking methods. If you don't like the batteries, you can buy an adapter which you can plug in and will give you adjusted heating levels for infinite smoking intervals. The device uses a convection vapor approach to getting you high, as it heats the herb from the bottom and back of the trench.....The vape is clean and satisfying, and I use it everyday.

Actually the MFLB doesn't use convection heat to get the vaporization going. It uses a conduction heat but also heavily incorporates IR heating. Due to the way the trench is designed, the bottom of the trench is heated. Then the heat reflects off the sides of the trench and further heats the load. This is how it can heat up a load to vapor in 5 secs. I wondered this myself and thought the MFLB was convection. Then after using it one night I figured I'd browse the instructions for shits and giggles..... and lo and behold, there was the heating model showing conduction and IR heat techniques.

I love my MFLB as well. It is my daily driver.

17. #498 lwien, May 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2014

Nope.   It's conduction based with a bit of IR going on.   No convection going on here at all.  

Edit:   Oops.   Ren beat me to it.

18. Figured I would share more of my continuing vape experience:

So its been almost 2 months since I started vaping. I post quite a bit on these forums (I have a desk job and work doesn't block grasscity.com yet so I basically hang out here lol), and have learned so much from all the users on here experienced and new, rude and polite. 2 months in and I'm still going strong. I haven't combusted at all (other than 2 hits when I was learning my MFLB lol), and really never going back. Vaping is where I'm staying so I'm bolstering my collection of portables with 2 more vapes. The goal for me is to have mostly US made vapes that all work differently. 

What I wanted to share was just how vaping changed my perspective on herb. It was just about getting fucked up before for me. Even buying the MFLB was all about getting higher than I was getting. I didn't realize it would conserve my herb, nor did I expect to suddenly be concerned about the different boiling temps and what each active chemical does. Nor did I expect that the ABV would still be usable, leaving my waste to stems. Vaping has really increased my awareness of the herb we all enjoy. What it can be used for and how it helps people and how even getting intoxicated can be an enlightening experience.

I used to look forward to hitting my bong after I got home, but would dread conservation, or be irritated with the knowledge that the 1 gram I have to last the next 4 days wouldn't make it past the night. Now I go home and REALLY look forward to my vape. And I'm never really concerned about using too much or burning up all my herb in one night. And the high is satisfying to the point that I've started using less to get where I want to be, and that in turn has helped my tolerance.

So today I can honestly say that I'm a different toker than I was before I went into vaping. I know and understand a lot about the plant. And as I said earlier, I respect it a lot more. 

19. At this point in my career I consider myself an adequate and experienced vaper.  I've vaped out of many different tools, I own a Volcano, an iOlite, an oil pen and 3 wax pens.  Plus a dabbing rig with two different titanium nails (one domeless the other not)

So here's my question - for those of you who has used them, how do you like the electric titanium nails and are they really worth the dough?