Vape Experience & Learning thread.

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by RandomThoughts, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Hey, ok by me - I'd rather there was no animosity between us.
    Have a good 'un

2. I've also got an SSV, I hear inhaling quickly on a medium to high temperature is good for big clouds with minimal chance of combustion. Seems to hold some ground in my experience as well.

3. Anyone have any tips for the arizer solo. Love mine so far. Just wanted to know if I'm missing out on anything. Thanks

4. #24 Deleted member 459947, Apr 7, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
    The solo is a pretty straight forward session I'd say. You can go for lower temp sessions which seems to give a longer milder array of hits. Alternatively you can crank it up to around 5 or 6 for some billowing clouds that should get you where you want to be fast though it obviously cooks the weed more quickly which may cause waste.

Also if you have a bubbler or water pipe I'd suggest you try drawing vapor through your glass with the solo. Can be a nice experience...

5. i dont think we have vapourizers over here.. haha the first one u described. the "smoke bubble" straight up sounded like a crack pipe though lol i am going to go look for what these look like right now

6. [quote name='"323lowkey"']i dont think we have vapourizers over here.. haha the first one u described. the "smoke bubble" straight up sounded like a crack pipe though lol i am going to go look for what these look like right now[/quote]

There's vapes everywhere, and much nicer than crackpipe style vapes.

7. I guess it does just about the same thing?

8. ahhhh yes i seee now. not quite as much crak piping looking as i had pictured lmfao. as u may have seen in one of my posts ive had a lot of paronoia (im sure its more that then anxiety) when smoking pot. do u think this style of smoking may decrease that chance.. what is ur reason for using this way of smoking?

9. dont worry.. just had a read around bout them.. seems like the safer way then using knives.. so ive answered my own question as i know spotting gets me stoned the fastest.. and in my opinion its the most efficient way to saving ur weed as well.. dont know bout recycling my spots tho lol its like ash afterwards

10. [quote name='"323lowkey"']ahhhh yes i seee now. not quite as much crak piping looking as i had pictured lmfao. as u may have seen in one of my posts ive had a lot of paronoia (im sure its more that then anxiety) when smoking pot. do u think this style of smoking may decrease that chance.. what is ur reason for using this way of smoking?[/quote]

Combustion (smoking) destroys a large amount of the actives in cannabis, so vaporizing gets you higher, as well as tasting far better (more terpenes!), and its also completely healthy. There's no tar, no carcinogens, etc.

Anxiety is coming from the actives in cannabis (THC specifically) and shouldn't change due to method. However I never get anxious either way.

11. #31 Perfectio, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2012
    Hello everybody. I am new to smoking marijuana so i wanted to ask a few questions, and maybe you could help me out. In my life time i have tried to smoke marijuana couple of times, i smoked joints with about 60% tobbaco and 40% weed (my friends always do that, they say that its cheapier and the joint burns easier. I didn't know shit, so i just went for it). After that joint i was feeling very bad, i thought my head would explode, i even vomited. However a few hours later i felt pretty normal. After that time i didn't want to smoke joints, or any other stuff mixed with tobbaco, so i found out about vaporizers, and i thought it would be a good idea to try them out. I do not have a big budget, and i don't want to spend a lot of money on vaporizer, because i would smoke only occasionaly (1-2 times per month). I checked UK ebay and found this VAPORISER DIGITAL ELECTRIC HERBAL VAPORIZER ADJUSTABLE TEMPERATURE WOODEN UK | eBay Would it be a good idea to buy this vaporizer as my first one? If not, maybe you could recommend me something for ~40£ (i would be very happy, if you provided me UK ebay link to the device)? Also, where i live weed is pretty expensive and luxurious thing, so would 0.5 gram of weed be considered a fair ammount to smoke through vaporizer? Thank you very much for help !
    PS. sorry if my questions seemed naive to you, as i've mentioned, i am new to this thing. Also i am sorry for my grammar (i am not native english speaker)

12. I am not familiar with that brand - but, the price is good, and it looks like the kind of model that would not really burn your weed, so yes as a first model it would probably be good.

13. [quote name='"RandomThoughts"']I am not familiar with that brand - but, the price is good, and it looks like the kind of model that would not really burn your weed, so yes as a first model it would probably be good.[/quote]

I could not disagree more. That is just a rebranded easy vape. They are notorious for poor build quality, wonky temperature control and cheap, often unsafe parts.

I'd recommend a vapolution 2.0 if you want a decent cheap vape.

14. I find that if the temp on my SSV is too high, my herb will turn very dark and sometimes will combust at the end of a bowl.....

If I turn it down so my herb is more of a light-golden brown color, it tastes better, it hits better and I think the high is better

15. The first time i vaped was with the MFLB and i have to say it fucked me up. Like a whole different drug complete mind high. And the fact that im not a public smoker really made it great because it had no smell at all, besides a burnt popcorn scent that lasts a few minutes. So i never went back to smoking and decided to invest some money for a different vaporizer, and thats when i came across the Arizer Extreme Q, This. Thing. Is. Amazing. Period. The bags the whips the style,smell,sound,TASTE! Its poetry in motion. In my opinion, if your into 420 then theres no better way.

16. #36 Droogie, May 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

Da Buddha Vaporizer. Best cannabis related purchase I've ever made.

One thing that irritates me is when people claim they've tried vaping and don't like it. This may be true for a few people but it usually has a lot to do with a poor quality vape, and an inexperienced user.

ATTN: Hitting a 20 dollar eBay vaporizer is NOT, NOT even remotely the same as hitting a quality vape like the SSV or DBV. If you want the vaporization experience than you must purchase a quality product. The two I listed are only a couple of great vapes (both from maker 7th Floor), but there are many more. Do your research, and when it comes to vaporizers If you buy cheap you buy twice.

Now, this doesn't necessarily mean spending an arm and a leg. Products like the Magic Flight Launch Box work very well for their price point; around $70-80.

17. I just purchased the Vaporite Mini Air Digital Forced Air Remote Vaporizer from puffitup.com.

I got it for 15% off, so I went ahead and upped the delivery to Priority Mail -- Should be here today!!! I also have some QWISO hash and a pound of butter working in the kitchen right now for a rager we're going to have when the vape arrives.

Do you guys have any experience with the vaporite line?

18. I guess if you need some cookie-cutter stuff
    *When did you start vaping and why?
    *What models have you used, what's good and bad about them?
    *What have you discovered about vaping since trying it?

1) I started vaping in the Mid-90's a buddy of mine who was a physics nerd made one out of a soldering iron element, but he included a temperature switch, and it was amazing.

2) I own a Volcano Classic that I received as a gift in 2004. I use it daily. I LOOOOOVE it. I also just purchased an Iolite Classic which I received today.

19. #39 8ight, May 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2012
    if get one of these things, could i effectively make tea by just tossing some abv in it and adding hot water?
    [​IMG]

I want to start getting into tea again, but I don't have anything right now. So I just put a bunch of abv in a cup w/ water and heating it in the microwave. then poured it through a coffee filter into another cup. tasted good, satisfied my craving for team. but is that (or my first idea) an effective way to make tea with abv? i was already stoned when i drank it but i do seem to feel a bit spacier.

20. #40 CentiZen, May 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2012
    There needs to be a fat in there, be it through cream, butter or coconut oil. Hot water on its own will not be as effective. Thc is absorbed into fat very well.

But yes it will work just fine if you steep it in some hot water with coconut oil stirred in. I love the taste.