Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First time smoking weed- body numb and tingly

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by luscioustoe, Mar 20, 2012.

1. So a few weeks ago, I tried weed for the first time using my friend's mini bong.
    In total I took about 7 hits... But 3 of them were completely failed since it was my first time. The other 4 were proper, but smaller hits.

After about 10 minutes, I started feeling high, and it was pretty cool. I was just chilling, staring at the pores on my face in the mirror. Then, all of a sudden, I started feeling pins and needles in my feet, which spread up to my thighs and my arms. Then it started feeling really numb.
    Now, keep in kind that I was completely calm when this feeling started.

After about 5 minutes of the feeling, my anxiety kicks in- I start freaking out, thinking I'll have a seizure, warning my friends that they might have to take me to the hospital. My heart was racing and my whole body felt numb and tingly.

Eventually my friends calmed me down, and I started to relax. However, the physical feeling didn't go away. I felt heavy, and as if I partially lost my motor functions.

The feeling only went away after I went to sleep, and woke up the next morning.

I've been looking this up, and many people blame it on anxiety or some paranoia bullshit, which I know isn't true, because I was totally relaxed when the feeling set in.
    Anyone know why this happens?

I ask because I'm gonna be smoking next weekend, and I don't want the same thing to happen again.

2. Dont know if it is too late or not but try taking 1 hit then waiting a bit and see how you feel. Then take another or so until you feel like another would take you out of your comfort zone. You don't need to be sky high to enjoy yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  3. yea ya probably had some GREAT weed lol..this happened when i first started smoking dank..got really numb and was couchlocked alll night..its pretty freaky when its your first time and you literally cant move your body and ya start to realize you cant really move.. but it gets better and more enjoyable once your out of the newbie tolerance..toke up though man, it only gets better from there! enjoy it!

4. You're gonna look back on that experience one day and say, "Man, I WISH I could get that stoned again!" :D

5. Exactly redeye...u were just really stoned for your first time

6. The same thing will probably happen the next time you smoke. It's called being stoned.

Only this time, you'll know what to expect with the high, so you wont freak out. Just remember that you CAN move. However, the marijuana gods will allow movement during a complete couchlock for 3 reasons:
    1) Your girl wants to have sex
    2) To grab some munchies
    3) to smoke more weed

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tips for you!
    1. Drink water. Eat a few sweet foods before during and after smoking.
    2. Eat real food.
    3.smoke slower smoke less.
    4.go get super baked right now.

8. HAHA sooo true

9. you had a panic attack..it happens...and it will probably happen again, but just remember you're not going to die from weed...ever...so no matter how bad you feel the worse that willl happen is you'll vomit and fall asleep...once you have that in mind you start to relax and enjoy your high.

If you're smoking dank, remember you don't have to smoke as much as your friends since they probably been doing it longer than you they have a higher tolerance, it should only take you a couple puffs to get where you want to be.

10. Congratulations, you just experienced being high as fuck.

11. you just described my favorite aspect of smoking lol. i love a great body high.

12. Probally was a indica strain, they have more of a couch lock high. This is one of the down falls to mj, first time users are easily overpowered by the herb and end up freaking out, therefor some with never try it again and go around bad mouthing it. Just keep smoking but smoke less..... Ow and btw there wAs a thread about a week ago who posted about the same experience as you

13. the main thing for you is probably smoke less. then after that, make sure you are hydrated. Always have a water bottle on you. Also, make sure you aren't hungry before you smoke. Alot of times, if I'm really hungry and get high, i get lightheaded and dizzy.

14. from smoking myself into oblivion every night/weekend and just getting stoned all the time now if i smoke a little and just get high im more uncomfortable then if i get stoned. Its weird, youd be able to tell if im high, but not if im stoned haha

15. Lol I was gonna tell you to get high first to take the edge off.....then I recognized how stupid that advice was

16. Lucky you lol

17. This is just how strong the effects of THC have on your body the first use, don't underestimate the power of the herb especially in your early months of smoking.. Your legs went numb because of the strong pain relief symptoms weed brings, they were just amplified because it's your first use. You got scared/paranoid and it was amplified as well because of the THC and Cannabinoids and such.. You had a normal first time high, maybe just did a little too much. 

Keep on smoking but do low amounts until you are ready to move up, you won't regret it.. The first 100 times you smoke they are going to be the best highs of your life

18. Good Post. Don't people think or have Common sense. YOUR HITTING A BONG YOU IDIOT. Take it slow, the bud wont go anywhere.

Your asking "what should I do" I mean you should've thought of that while you were high. "Oh maybe I smoked a little too much" THINK

19. My advice would be to do everything you would normally do and try not to think about it too much. Your high can be great if you make it great or it can be bad if you make it bad

20. So are you a twelve year old black girl? LOL.