should/can i clone?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by budblower10, Jul 8, 2006.

1. hey i have never really thought about cloning and i dont know why. I have some purple plants outside, and 1 bagseed. The bagseed is like 2 months old and im pretty sure its a female (it has 2 lil string like leaves coming from it, not a ball on a stick), and the purples are about a month old and foot high. I would like to increase the # of plants i have, but i dont know if cloning is the answer - b/c they might not be able to flower. If i clone the bagseed plant and root it in some soil this weekend, will it still be ready to harvest when the others flower? Also, can i clone one of the purples in order to make a new plant that will flower normally - or are they still too young? I read that a clone is basically the same as its mother, does this mean it can still flower b/c its really the same age? If so im gonna do it with a few plants, unless it can harm them then i wont. does cloning have ne negative aspects to it? I tried to do a search but i couldnt really find the exact answer im looking for. Thanks for the help

2. Flowering has nothing to do with age - read my thread on Outdoor Flowering.

3. i guess what i meant is that it since it will be a clone, it wont be an entire plant, so the yeild will be much smaller, if anything by having a month old clone, if im understanding cloning correctly. please correct me if need be, thanks

4. Cloning is way out of my league budblower. Sorry I couldn't give you any input. But I would think that they would flower at the same time because of them coming from a mature plant. It has to do with the sun and all that.

5. If the original and the clone were in the same spot with exactly the same factors (amount of sun, water, and nutes) then they will flower at the same time just the original will be bigger cuz it had a head start. The only reason the clone might not flower is because you are starting it really late but it should grow enough to get some sort of yield.

6. thanks alot doober, i think i may jus wait til next year to do it. all u do is cut a branch off of a plant and then put that into some soil? that seems to easy to be the right way lol. am i understanding it correctly or not, please let me know.

7. U know i'm not familiar at all with the actually cutting all i know is u gotta cut the stem at a
    45 degree angle and stick it in some sort of rooting gel till it roots or I think u can buy some jiffy pellets that u soak and put the stem in as soon as u cut it and then plant it. But look around and find some cloning guides just to be sure unless someone is gunna be nice enough to walk u thru it.